Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 7

Oh, Herman had passed me his "Johnson Rod", but that needs to be examined first. I am not sure if it is suitable. Perhaps Steve, Max and I could check on these parts.

If the "Official Johnson Inspectors are finished fooling with Hermans Johnson wanabe, can we get back to the map!

Here it is again to jog our memories.

25.jpg

Just out of interest, where are we at the moment? 3?

Just out of interest, where are we at the moment? 3?

I thought we met on main street, so somewhere between 2 and 3. We know that 1 to 2 is a tunnel. What do we know about 2 to 3?

I did not ask for or get a locker. It was Eleanor! And we later found out that she had a gun. Which Max took away from her. Perhaps we should all go back and read before we start posting. It seems like everyone is really confused. So Sanctuary X lead to downtown. I wonder if that brick in the jail that was loose has any other loose bricks around it. I wonder if thats the place.

Oh crap :blush: , I keep getting you two confused :wacko::blush::blush: , Oh she had a gun?! :oh: Hmm...I was right then. :look:

(I couldnt keep up with all the other threads, sorry :blush: )

Oh crap :blush: , I keep getting you two confused :wacko::blush::blush: , Oh she had a gun?! :oh: Hmm...I was right then. :look:

There were only two of us ladies in the train and you got us mixed up? :hmpf_bad:

I'm the blonde in the wedding dress with the gun, so you better remember that. :tongue: Now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to...

*Walks to Austin, whose cowering behind the others*

So, you don't remember me, do you? Or that morning when you stole that horse carriage from in front of the church and drove it over my fiancé as he was walking in? You don't remember how you drove away, leaving my poor Eric trampled and bleeding to death right before the eyes of me and both of our families?

We were happy together, you know. We had already bought a house, and talked about getting kids. And you stole it all away from me with your reckless, drunken action.

Have you got any idea how much I've suffered during this year of loneliness? Have you got no remorse, no excuse for what you did? How do you sleep at night? :angry:

*Eleanor pulls out her gun, making the crowd gasp*

I should make you suffer like I have. But... it wouldn't bring Eric back. I've lost him forever. And you... you haven't even said you're sorry. :cry_sad:

*Eleanor puts her gun away, turns and runs away from the others*

I should make you suffer like I have. But... it wouldn't bring Eric back. I've lost him forever. And you... you haven't even said you're sorry. :cry_sad:

Someone take the damn gun from her. She's crazy.

Eleanor, you should probably comment on the map since you wanted it so much and it was going to help you make sense of everything. I'd be interested to know what you learned.

She's such a fruitcake that at Christmas all her relatives try to send her to each other, but she keeps coming back. :hmpf_bad:

Eleanor, you should probably comment on the map since you wanted it so much and it was going to help you make sense of everything. I'd be interested to know what you learned.

Thanks for the consolation. :hmpf_bad: But I guess it's better I get something else to think about...

Okay, so obviously we're supposed to bring the oil tank near the farm to the train shed at the bottom of the map. To do that, we could maybe use Lorraine's truck or the hand car that Herman and the others found.

We need to adjust the switches in the signal tower at the crossing so that the tank will turn the right way. I'd say we let numbers 2 and 4 be switched DOWN, and turn number 1 DOWN and number 3 UP. Perhaps that way all the lights will go green, marking that the route is clear?

Can any of you who were at the farm pinpoint the location of the oil tank accurately?

Do you guys have other suggestions or information I'm not aware of relating to this? Does this sound like a plan to you guys at all?

Okay, so obviously we're supposed to bring the oil tank near the farm to the train shed at the bottom of the map. To do that, we could maybe use Lorraine's truck or the hand car that Herman and the others found.

Yes, you are right - but that still doesn't fix the problem of the critical "Crocodile Rod" that appears to be missing from the train. That is, unless Herman's supposed "Johnson Rod" is in truth a "Crocodile Rod." But since that is a slim chance, it is most probable that we will end up searching Willoughby for one.

... Or we could just look for a Johnson Rod and Bracket...

Not everyone on the train is to be trusted. At least one person tried to sabotage the train, and stop it at Willoughby. WE, the citizens, couldn't do it. On top of that, Hellanor's husband was killed by Austien. And who ever invited you did not show.

You twit! I was going to confront her 'bout that later so you say it in the open! Are you mad!?

Jethro is a good man, of this we can vouch. Its his father we are worried about! Setting bear traps in the shed for crying out load.

Agreed, Jethro is most certainly innocent. Jeb seemed pretty good too, but again, I'm a trusting guy.

So, you don't remember me, do you? Or that morning when you stole that horse carriage from in front of the church and drove it over my fiancé as he was walking in? You don't remember how you drove away, leaving my poor Eric trampled and bleeding to death right before the eyes of me and both of our families?

We were happy together, you know. We had already bought a house, and talked about getting kids. And you stole it all away from me with your reckless, drunken action.

Have you got any idea how much I've suffered during this year of loneliness? Have you got no remorse, no excuse for what you did? How do you sleep at night? :angry:

*Moment of heavy panting in front of the gun before relaxing*

Damn, I think I really did kill him...

She's such a fruitcake that at Christmas all her relatives try to send her to each other, but she keeps coming back. :hmpf_bad:

I'd settle down there Greaseman, tantin' won't do any good, an I need to square things with Miss Eleanor.

I agree with the others too, now that we've determined the approximate location of this here train, it'd be a mighty waste not to take advantage of that oil tank. This "X" thing sounds a might bit intriguing too, though honestly I think we need to get our heads straight, an I ain't no team leader.

Perhaps a certain hand of fate could decide on whether the johnson rod is correct, given that the public opinion is flying back and forth like a tennis ball at Wimbleton.

Um, I'm not very good at puzzles. I just don't have the brains or concentration! I'd like someting on the map clarified for me though. What's "%" exactly. Is that the switching tower? I can't remember how we got back here becuase I started to talk to the voices in my head, and they took away my vision when I insulted them. Don't worry though, I got it back.

I don't understand why we don't just try every configuration of the switches. It may take a while, but it seems easy. I mean, there' no way that we'll know what configuration they should be in.

As for the safe that has been forgotten, how many numbers are needed to open it?

I don't understand why we don't just try every configuration of the switches. It may take a while, but it seems easy. I mean, there' no way that we'll know what configuration they should be in.

As for the safe that has been forgotten, how many numbers are needed to open it?

You can consider the correct configuration for the switches a permutation with 128 possibilities. With this many possibilities, it would be difficult to guess the correct one (or systematically try each one). Perhaps there's a better way to figure out the correct combination.

For the safe, it has a 5-digit number combination. That makes 100,000 possibilities.

I believed it was 5 digits, and all kinds of combinations were tested, but to no avail. Did anyone try the "12345" combination? I am thinking towards that map locations.

We need to adjust the switches in the signal tower at the crossing so that the tank will turn the right way. I'd say we let numbers 2 and 4 be switched DOWN, and turn number 1 DOWN and number 3 UP. Perhaps that way all the lights will go green, marking that the route is clear?

NOTE: there is also a switch for 6 and 7 on the switching mechanism, which are not on the map.

I wonder, if Max is inspecting those T1 and N1 stuff, since he has those engineering knowledge, or he is still bleeding? :sceptic:

Wouldn't the mayor know the safe combination?

If they haven't already been, I'd try these combinations:

While at Main Street, Pete decides he'd like to visit the Town Hall and leads the others upstairs to the safe.

He tries a number of combinations that do not work - LOCK!

Brakes also tries another, 12345 - no luck.

Okay, what numbers have we all meet during our visits to various places in town. Um, Max, have we tried the Emerald Express number?

Hmm. Perhaps I can check the lisence plate on the car there, and try it in the safe?

Okay, what numbers have we all meet during our visits to various places in town. Um, Max, have we tried the Emerald Express number?

That's 10194.

I'd also like to try 10913 and 13124.

Sadly, fuel isn't the main issue. The missing 'crocodile rod' is. Unless you know where we could find one of them, I'm afraid that there loco is a tad useless.

*Waves the pipe from the still in his face*

How many times do I have to ask before you answer, is this thing a train part???!!!

Max, do you know if the N1 series can be substituted for the T1 series (to echo Brakes)?

Max doesn't seem to like to answer technical questions about train parts, maybe Alex will eventually give us some clue. :hmpf:

Oh, Herman had passed me his "Johnson Rod", but that needs to be examined first. I am not sure if it is suitable. Perhaps Steve, Max and I could check on these parts.

In addition, I need Max to examine whether the N1 Horizontal and Vertical Drive Gear can be used for replacement as an alternative for the orignal "T1" series. I do hope Max is alright after the meat cleaver assault. It's is not a very good experience after all.

We are short of, 1x4 Johnson Rod Bracket so far, if the above verifications are all correct.

I passed nobody my Johnson! And Max and Brakes don't seem to be paying attention when we ask them to identify these train parts. What gives???? :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps we should all go back and read before we start posting.

Seriously, or take notes. :hmpf:

If the "Official Johnson Inspectors are finished fooling with Hermans Johnson wanabe, can we get back to the map!

But nobody has inspected it! Won't somebody please inspect my Johnson??!! :cry_sad:

So..blah blah...ck. I've lost him forever. And you... you haven't even said you're sorry. :cry_sad:

Will someone sedate Lady MacBeth over here? :hmpf:

Agreed, Jethro is most certainly innocent. Jeb seemed pretty good too, but again, I'm a trusting guy.

Neither Jeb, Jethro or Ruffy seemed to be malicious. They each helped us on separate occassions and all helped us get back here to meet up with everyone. All four accidents would have been impossible for them to cause. Although Jethro did just sit there while I was bleeding to death from the bear trap, and he did let Austin and Bulldog just do whatever they wanted with a home-made still. But, he was real nice to us.

I wonder, if Max is inspecting those T1 and N1 stuff, since he has those engineering knowledge, or he is still bleeding? :sceptic:

Apparently he's gone blind. :hmpf_bad:

That's 10194.

We They tried it already. :hmpf:

We They tried it already. :hmpf:

That was my point.

*Waves the pipe from the still in his face*

How many times do I have to ask before you answer, is this thing a train part???!!!

avmaxwell.jpg

Where on Earth did you find that? Looks like some kind of pipe from a still. Perhaps it would work with a bear trap, but definately not a finely crafted train engine. :laugh:

avmaxwell.jpg

Where on Earth did you find that? Looks like some kind of pipe from a still. Perhaps it would work with a bear trap, but definately not a finely crafted train engine. :laugh:

Go to hell, Max. I really hate you.

*attempts to throw the rod at Max, but misses*

:hmpf_bad: Crap.

Is this megablocksin' kettle a bracket? :hmpf:

Is there any way we'd be able to attach Lorraine's diesel engine from her to truck to the Emerald Express, then fill it with diesel from the tanker? Or does the diesel engine not have a Johnson Rod type thing in it?

Go to hell, Max. I really hate you.

*attempts to throw the rod at Max, but misses*

avmcfarlin.jpg

Oh cow patty! You made'em angry now.

Thought the City Slicker would know what one of those thangs looks like. :laugh:

Watch out everybody. Don't no one take a pee - City Boy might try attach'n it to the train. :laugh:

Ok, after PMing the voice in the skythinking about things, I have come to the conclusion that N1 is good to go as a replacement for T1! :classic: