Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 7

I'm hoping we all decide to pull the plug on these townies, at least for a couple of pages...of life, so the train passengers can make some progress. Then we can bring them back in to help and escape and kill if they want, but some focus would help right now. :wacko: Right now they're just spewing a bunch of extra megablocks that doesn't really help, IMO. It'd be nice if we train folk could "A. Compile a list of potential saboteur suspects and B. Come up with a game plan for continuing...all with out Willoughbean influence!

I'll take a quick nap while everybody votes... :sadnew: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, a democracy? I'm in. I vote "yes", but I suppose it's all up to this person you call Alex.

"A. Compile a list of potential saboteur suspects and B. Come up with a game plan for continuing...all with out Willoughbean influence!

You know, much of this town is creepy and Silence of the Lambs-esque, but we're not all killer freaks bent on keeping everyone in the town. At least we don't go on the mack with dogs over a kettle. :hmpf:

I think that sums things up nicely for Group A, thanks, Brakes. :thumbup:

Can we stop calling him "Kill'in" George? First of all, it's "Killin'," stupid, and secondly, it totally brings down the vibe. :cry_sad:

I never knew you were so optimistic!

Perhaps there's a place where you can roll your dang Johnson Rod in everbody's face. :hmpf:

Why thank you Pete. That's you name correct? Anyways, you do make quite a good point. :wink:

So, I'm twindling with these switches. Does anything happen? Can I please see that map so I can compare it to the configuration here?

Before meeting the other groups near Main Street, Eleanor attempts to switch some of the buttons. Nothing seems to happen.

Back on Main Street, Eleanor has another look at the map with the notes she jotted down from the Switching System:

25.jpg

Oooh, a map. :sweet:

Ok, so let's see. Each number corresponds to a place where two tracks meet. It seems we're to go right, right, left, right, left, though that junction at #4 would involve an impossible turn, so I assume we overshoot it and then go in reverse from there. Very odd. If only it was angled the other way, it would be a nice, smooth transition.

I suppose each of those match up to a switch, but how would 4 lights indicate 5 junctions...

Oooh, a map. :sweet:

Ok, so let's see. Each number corresponds to a place where two tracks meet. It seems we're to go right, right, left, right, left, though that junction at #4 would involve an impossible turn, so I assume we overshoot it and then go in reverse from there. Very odd. If only it was angled the other way, it would be a nice, smooth transition.

I suppose each of those match up to a switch, but how would 4 lights indicate 5 junctions...

I thought those were roads...

First, we need to find the Johnson rod and the fixture. But we can test it out first, with the handcar. I'm also wondering where those other roads go to, in the northwest corner. So, who wants to test it out?

I thought those were roads...

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!

If those are roads, why is there a crossing at 3 and which one is the track? Further, what does it cross as there is simply an intersection and neither crosses the other.

Plus at least one of the two things coming out of the shed has to be track, or how does the shed get anything to the line?

I'm confused now. :wacko:

Herman, you're OK! I was so worried! :cry_happy: My group had such an adventure, it was like D&D but without the dice and little pained figures. And the cards.... and terrain boards. Anyway, it was fun! :sweet: We only encountered a slight problem when Max was stabbed, but we figured it must have been one of them evil townie's that did it, most likely Killin' George. :wink:

Mr. Greaseman, there are actually seven junctions, I presume they are on the part of the map which has been torn off. Did I mention that I found this map? :sweet: Yeah, it was behind a poster. I followed my D&D experience and my instincts, and got this. Am I great or what!

As I recall, when we first entered the switching tower, all the switches were down except switch one, which was up. I'm not sure how that can help us right now, but it may be of use soon.

I bet that one of those lines links up with the mainline somewhere, this town is to small to have an entirely independent rail network. One of the lines off switch 5 looks like it goes into a tunnel, which could connect to the mainline further along, since it is angling that way. I'm not sure, I wish we had the rest of this map.

Herman, you're OK!

It would take a whole team of psychiatrists to manage that.

Mr. Greaseman, there are actually seven junctions, I presume they are on the part of the map which has been torn off. Did I mention that I found this map? :sweet: Yeah, it was behind a poster. I followed my D&D experience and my instincts, and got this. Am I great or what!

Nice work! I knew they were tracks, these idiots were trying to mislead us into thinking they're roads. :hmpf:

As I recall, when we first entered the switching tower, all the switches were down except switch one, which was up. I'm not sure how that can help us right now, but it may be of use soon.

We've also learned that they may be able to be switched from the track itself, so that makes me think the switches are differently important, somehow.

I bet that one of those lines links up with the mainline somewhere, this town is to small to have an entirely independent rail network. One of the lines off switch 5 looks like it goes into a tunnel, which could connect to the mainline further along, since it is angling that way. I'm not sure, I wish we had the rest of this map.

Definitely need to test out the switch theory and find the rest of the map.

Well, it turns out we took one of two directions in the hand car, and the other way mentioned danger. This may have been because of the exploding diesel tanker though.

I also believe as Mark does that there is a missing part of the map, that we haven't seen yet.

My guns are up for some more travelling on the hand car if you are looking for a helper to explore the rail network.

As for Mr X being Jessica, I may have miss heard someone elses account of there adventures.

Also Austin don't forget that you were stung by a scorpion! He's still a little delusional....

That's it. Time to cut the crap.

We know a few things each, and we're all avoiding them. So let's just get what we know out in the open.

Jethro is a Town Council Member. Unless he was trying to trick me, he openingly admitted to me that he was one.

Killin' Geroge is a Town Council Member. He and Lorraine were the only oness who were able to throw the cleaver. I trust Lorraine. I think my whole group will back me up.

Pete is a Town Council Member He's defenses of Killin' George are obvious, and Greaseman (long time no see buddy!) backs me up on this.

There is a fourth member.

The Council Council members don't want anyone to leave. The voice in the sky told me this. Yes yes, you can't hear it, I can. It also told me Herman was a witch. :look: It's okay, I'm a wizard. We'll have to talk some time.

Not everyone on the train is to be trusted. At least one person tried to sabotage the train, and stop it at Willoughby. WE, the citizens, couldn't do it. On top of that, Hellanor's husband was killed by Austien. And who ever invited you did not show.

Jennifer knew you were coming. She left clues for us. Not everything is what it appears, in this town. For example, I've had numerous conversations with my house, but it won't talk to everyone else. I wouldn't trust it.

So, string them all together. What do we get?

There are 4 Town Council Members. They are Pete, Killin' George, Jethro, and another. Most likely Charlie acording to his group. There is a traitor on the train. Jennifer knew you were oming. The council tried to snop Jennifer, and is trying to stop you.

So, what questions remain. What was Jennifer doing? Why did she bring you here if she tried to escape. Whose the traitor on the train, and are they working for the town council?

Is Jennifer the ones who brought you on the train, and then sabatoged it?

I know you all think I'm crazy. But I'm not. Liveing in this town has made me see things clearly. And this is what I see. Please, don't disregard my information.

Well, Howard, those are some interesting theories you've got there, especially concerning Jennifer and Ms. Thornton. What if... someone on the train is acting as one or both of these people. But why? There has to be motivation. I'll share my consents with people I trust only, for now. But what I will say is that I think that one person is working with one or more people from Willoughby.

(Are dynamic movements and private conversations open again?).

Most likely Charlie acording to his group.

Actually, Arin was the only one from our group to accuse me. Everyone else is unsure, while I think it is the constable.

especially concerning Jennifer and Ms. Thornton.

I'm more likely to believe that Jennifer is Ms. Thornton's daughter and she's trying to find her. That could be the valuable item in question, from a certain point of view.

(Are dynamic movements and private conversations open again?).

Clap of thunder in sky before the sound of a NO!

LET MY PEOPLE GO!

:laugh:

Of course I tried to trick you, you silly basturd Howard! How else would I have known your allegiance? I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to point me out as some delusional psycho! I don't carry a gun, I bust my megablocks all day on the farm, and I was more than hospitable with the newcomers in town. Man oh man, after all we've been through...

So, I really don't know what to say right now. There was that old Swiss loco you guys found, right? Does it use fuel? Because there was an entire tanker, which from what it sounds like, is full of diesel. I say we get that fuel to that other loco and see what happens. Maybe that would help you. Or is the Swiss loco not repairable? For transporting the tanker, lets not forget, my father owns a tractor, and it's pretty darn strong.

You strangers go and discuss things...then get back to us simple folks, 'mkay?

I'm more likely to believe that Jennifer is Ms. Thornton's daughter and she's trying to find her. That could be the valuable item in question, from a certain point of view.

Hmm, interesting. Have you been thinking of this, or did you just throw that out there?

Ack!

Of course I tried to trick you, you silly basturd Howard! How else would I have known your allegiance? I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to point me out as some delusional psycho! I don't carry a gun, I bust my megablocks all day on the farm, and I was more than hospitable with the newcomers in town. Man oh man, after all we've been through...

So, I really don't know what to say right now. There was that old Swiss loco you guys found, right? Does it use fuel? Because there was an entire tanker, which from what it sounds like, is full of diesel. I say we get that fuel to that other loco and see what happens. Maybe that would help you. Or is the Swiss loco not repairable? For transporting the tanker, lets not forget, my father owns a tractor, and it's pretty darn strong.

You strangers go and discuss things...then get back to us simple folks, 'mkay?

Well, hold on, Jethro, just because you're a council member (thanks for finally admitting it) doesn't mean you're trying to kill anybody. Or does it? You don't need a gun to kill someone.

What did I admit?

You guys are ridin' a train with a guy named butcher? I ain't the sharpest crayon in the box, but that would definitely make me a bit leary.

Sadly, fuel isn't the main issue. The missing 'crocodile rod' is. Unless you know where we could find one of them, I'm afraid that there loco is a tad useless.

Jethro is a good man, of this we can vouch. Its his father we are worried about! Setting bear traps in the shed for crying out load.

Lets crank this handcar up or get the tractor movin, or do somethin useful already.

Schmelt whats for lunch?

He's not, unless he really was trying to trick me, but seeing as his father was trying to skip town, and he wasn't, I'm going to wagger he is on the town council. The question is what do we do to them. We could try to sacrifice them and feed them to the gods of the forest that surrond this town. To the north there's this pit that I thrrow down all the dead things I find. And gives gifts in return! :grin: