Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 7

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 7: Piecing Together the Clues

Although just a few minutes past 10:00 in the morning, the four groups have discovered a number of new clues. The "Farm Group" now meets with those looking to "Get Out of Town", while those "Looking for Parts" find themselves in the heart of Main Street.

Deciding that it may be best to bring all the groups together to "piece together the clues", Lorraine offers to use her truck and little remaining fuel to transport those now at the Switch Tower to Main Street where all the groups can converge.

The groups agree, and after about a half hour drive, everyone is together again on Main Street.

Who is the mysterious Jennifer Chamberlain and what does she mean by "piecing together the clues"?

Who is the one person among them that Jessica warns about?

Will Herman ever find the real "Johnson Rod"?

Has anyone been murdered yet?

Perhaps these questions will be answered in this next exciting chapter of Murder on the Emerald Express...

(ALL participants are now free to post in this chapter)

So, I'm twindling with these switches. Does anything happen? Can I please see that map so I can compare it to the configuration here?

... Oh look, it's the clown and the hickies. And Scooby, too! What a joy. :hmpf_bad:

So, I'm twindling with these switches. Does anything happen? Can I please see that map so I can compare it to the configuration here?

... Oh look, it's the clown and the hickies. And Scooby, too! What a joy. :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps you should've left that in the tower. Removing it and bringing it to Main Street may have damaged it a bit. I hope it still works...

*holds up pipe from still*

Hey, train people! Can you tell me if this would make a suitable Johnson Rod?

Oh boy, we're all back together.

Do we have to explain to everyone what happened where, or can we just assume that's been done already?

Oh boy, we're all back together.

Do we have to explain to everyone what happened where, or can we just assume that's been done already?

Oh hello everyone,

It's nice to see all of you once again. Isn't this the Mayor of Willoughby, it's nice to meet you here. Perhaps, I could suggest that we should provide a summary of our group findings and tally them together, in order to get a better comprehensive overview.

Our group A, went to take a look at the Train Engine shed, and we managed to recover and salvage these train replacement parts, which is much suited for the Emerald Express.

• N1 Horizontal Drive Gear (Need to verify)
  • N1 Vertical Drive Gear (Need to verify)

We will like Max, our conductor as he has exclusive knowledge of train engineering, to verify and confirm whether the N1 Horizontal and Vertical Drive Gear can be used for replacement as an alternative for the orignal "T1" series.

Our group is still finding the remaining, Johnson Rod and the 1x4 Johnson Rod Bracket. Did any of the groups manage to find it?

Among us, I was the unfortunate soul to have gotten an accident while scouring through those metal boxes, and my legs was crushed by a large metal beam. Fortunately, thanks to Greaseman and the rest, they have rescued me out of that mess, and managed to recover in time.

Apart from that, we had discovered an unusual cryptic message written on the walls, but was unable to uncover anything useful,

"Written in a red marker is the word "Sanctuary" followed by an "X"

Inside the Train Engine shed, we found a rusting red train engine that resembles Swiss Crocodile locomotive. Unfortunately, after a thorough inspection, we realised that this engine ran on diesel engine. We tried to start up this baby, but due to a missing critical part, "Crocodile Rod" which can't be located or probably removed, that render the train to be useless.

We found a small shaft, and Gaylord and a few went inside, and found an exit on the other end. Greaseman, Steve and I, went out to look and this is where we land, Main Street.

If I have missed out anything on my side, please fill them in.

What about the rest of the groups?

I will really prefer one representative of each group to summarise their situation. It will be much less confusing.

I bet it doesn't, and if it did, you left the bracket behind. Clearly, those two parts should be together.

I will really prefer one representative of each group to summarise their situation. It will be much less confusing.

Thank you, Mr. Summarizer.

*holds up pipe from still*

Our group is still finding the remaining, Johnson Rod and the 1x4 Johnson Rod Bracket. Did any of the groups manage to find it?

I did not realize you were deaf and blind.

*places his Johnson Rod in Brakes's hand and thrusts it back and forth so he can really feel it.*

(You asked for it... :devil: )

Hold up. We've all got things to conclude.

First, is who is this Jennifer Character. Is she who was murdered? How did she know that you'd all get stuck here? Why can't ANY of the towns people remember her?

The next is the one that seems to be of most importance, to me. Let's clean up whose the town council. They made a attempt on quite a few lives. I've already given my list, but here it is again.

Jethro

Kill'in George

Someone from Group B. Not the Mayor. I think it's the constable.

Someone from Group A

It's now your call. However, can we get rid of Kill'in George. Not many people in my group seem opposed to that. Lock him up, and then I can swallow the key? It will keep my golfball company! :sweet:

Yeah Howard, they can just lock me up and you can just swallow the key. :hmpf: Anyways, we need to pieces together the clues to get out of here. I can't be stuck here anymore......the mayor is driving me insane..... :cry_sad: You guys are my only hope.

Damn it, freaks, shut up! :angry:

:blush: Oops, sorry. I mean...perhaps there's a place where the train passengers can go alone to discuss what's happened while we were split up and what we should do next? Any objections to that freaks Willoughbeans?

...perhaps there's a place where the train passengers can go alone to discuss what's happened while we were split up and what we should do next? Any objections to that freaks Willoughbeans?

Ugh, yeah actually. I think it'd be best if we all shared our thoughts, and we can voice our concerns as well. Also, it's not just about you guys anymore :cry_sad: .

If anyone in our group was on the town council, it would make logical sense that Constable O'Reily would not be that person. He found the letter written by X (Later confirmed to be Jennifer) and turned it over for our investigations. If I were the one on the council, I would have concealed this information. Fellow members of the passengers or crew may also be a part of this Willoughby conspiracy. It would make sense that the Emerald Express would be sabotaged by inside sources and outside sources.. that is.. if it was sabotage. Also, we figured out that Jim, Schmelt, and myself are the sanest and best looking group.

Jennifer is the one leaving clues, Howard. We don't know yet if she was murdered or actually escaped Willoughby. The mayor remembered her and stated that she was a trouble maker who went around spray painting the town and things. I think that was what "Sanctuary X" was about. I believe that may have been her place of refuge and she may have hidden there after she got out of the jail. She seems like a strong woman with a lot of determination. I think I would like her.

Howard, I take it that you never met her? Why is that if she were such a troublemaker and caused such a scene in town?

Why, hello, ma'am, it's a pleasure to be meeting you. :classic: I'm glad to make your acquaintance. Has anyone told you that's a charming dress?

Ugh, yeah actually. I think it'd be best if we all shared our thoughts, and we can voice our concerns as well. Also, it's not just about you guys anymore :cry_sad: .

Well, no offense Charlie, but we're not clear which ones of you want us dead, so I'd feel a little safer back in our own group. What does everybody else think?

Oh hello everyone,

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

I think that sums things up nicely for Group A, thanks, Brakes. :thumbup:

It's now your call. However, can we get rid of Kill'in George. Not many people in my group seem opposed to that. Lock him up, and then I can swallow the key? It will keep my golfball company! :sweet:

Can we stop calling him "Kill'in" George? First of all, it's "Killin'," stupid, and secondly, it totally brings down the vibe. :cry_sad:

I bet it doesn't, and if it did, you left the bracket behind. Clearly, those two parts should be together.

I never knew you were so optimistic!

:blush: Oops, sorry. I mean...perhaps there's a place where the train passengers can go alone to discuss what's happened while we were split up and what we should do next? Any objections to that freaks Willoughbeans?

Perhaps there's a place where you can roll your dang Johnson Rod in everbody's face. :hmpf:

Yay! Reunited at last! Now, down to business...

Jethro

Kill'in George

Someone from Group B. Not the Mayor. I think it's the constable.

Someone from Group A

In her note, Jennifer (X) said that there was one among us that would plan to keep us here, and I'm willing to bet it was a council member. This may be a little extreme, but I think that person was in our group (B), or group D. I say this because of all of the injuries that occurred, these two groups' injuries seemed the only ones that were done on "purpose". Max got a cleaver thrown into his chest, and I had that horrible sound in my ear. My money is on either Charlie or Constable. Sorry to have blamed you at first, Mayor. :blush:

Well, no offense Charlie, but we're not clear which ones of you want us dead, so I'd feel a little safer back in our own group. What does everybody else think?

I agree, it would be more comfortable for us train passengers to discuss this privately.

Also, I've come up with an interesting theory. In the Mayor's office, we discovered invoices for orders to Willoughby, one of them being an oild tanker. Group C found a full oil tanker on some hidden tracks in the woods. The tanker was ordered in 2008, around the same time that Jennifer was here. So... I think that she planning on blowing up the town with this, but never had the chance to. I wonder if she is still alive?

What does everybody else think?

Pete's our town council member. Let's kill him. We could run him over with Hellanor, er, a carriage.

Well I don't believe the good townsfolk are going to leave us alone at this point so we may as well discuss where we are headed, and more about this Mr X, Jessica person too.

I hope Max is ok after the cleaver thingy :look:

A girl planning to blow up a town with a tanker, sounds a bit drastic don't ya think?

Anyway, my group © went ta the farm, where nothin' mighty suspicious occurred. There was two accidents, one in which Herman was injured in a bear trap left on the stable floor, and another when Bulldog and I (Austin) tried to figure out a still in the bush, and it exploded. It also hurt mighty vicious.

Anyway, we took a handcar outta there, though I hadda run because Herman is a bit of a moron, no offense partner. We did indeed pass that tanker you speak of too. Basically we have returned with what could be the Johnson Rod.

I'm not suspicious of Jethro or Jeb, as though there were accidents they both helped us ta get back here, though then again I ain't a suspicious person either. Though both farmers did indeed speak of how the Willoughby residents are trapped, as did Scruffy, the talking dog.....I shoulda left that last part out huh?

Ok, seriously, who is Jessica? Is she part of this town? Is she another crazy broad around here? We don't really need another... :hmpf_bad:

Who is the one person among them that Jessica warns about?
Well I don't believe the good townsfolk are going to leave us alone at this point so we may as well discuss where we are headed, and more about this Mr X, Jessica person too.

Pete's our town council member. Let's kill him. We could run him over with Hellanor, er, a carriage.

I'm not your town council member... :wacko:

we may as well discuss where we are headed, and more about this Mr X, Jessica person too.

Is Jessica the same as Mr X, Bulldog? We know you're a man of the world and all, but you do seem to have a bit of gender trouble :tongue:

I doubt Jennifer Chamberlain (any relation to Lindy? In which case, a Ruffy stole my baby!) would have access to the Mayor's office and authority to be ordering oil tankers and suchlike.

The Mayor said there were several Town Council members - do we think there is one in each subgroup, or just one overall? He also seemed to think the Town Council wanted to modernise Willoughby by building some sort of factory. Did anyone see evidence of such a thing?

Also, did anyone find any 5 digit codes? There's a safe in the Town Hall which needs to be opened. First prize wins an Eggo or thigh-warmed banana, whichever takes your fancy!

*I never did see the Swiss Eiffel Tower*

How is a kettle a 1x4 bracket? Besides I think Jethro or Austin said they picked the kettle up. And anyways, I've already told you, I asked Alex and he says he didn't invent the kettle and it doesn't have anything to do with the game, so shut it Mr. Clearly. Wow, I need a nap. This mystery is making me crabby. I peed my pants again. :cry_sad:

How is a kettle a 1x4 bracket? Besides I think Jethro or Austin said they picked the kettle up. And anyways, I've already told you, I asked Alex and he says he didn't invent the kettle and it doesn't have anything to do with the game, so shut it Mr. Clearly. Wow, I need a nap. This mystery is making me crabby. I peed my pants again. :cry_sad:

Who the hell said anything about the kettle? :angry:

I think it's the town doing this to us. I need a hug! Not you, Herman, you're wet. Again. :hmpf_bad:

A girl planning to blow up a town with a tanker, sounds a bit drastic don't ya think?

Well, otherwise she needed it for fuel. I can't think of why else there would be a full tanker in the middle of the woods on a track that probably hasn't been used for a while.

I think Scruffy made up that kettle in his head.