Sign in to follow this  
Kahgarak

Minifig Arm Removement Question

For a normal minifig,like Joe Vig or Vladek,is it able to remove the arms and put them back again?Because i fear that,once i get my King Mathias' Battering Ram or something,i,with my great strength,will accidently remove Mathias' little plastic arm,and destroy the minifig...

Of course you can remove the arms of normal MFs (by normal I mean non LULS MFs) and put them back on ;)

On a side note you can do the same with the legs ;)

Do it gently then Kahgarak and you'll be fine !!

I personally have never romoved any minifig's arms or legs before, so I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips on removing the arms/legs easily, as well as putting them back on easily. Isn't it pretty hard to put them back on again?

I find it relatively easy (and fun! *twisted* ) to remove the arms. It is much easier to do so whilst the hand is still attached itherwise you get a sore thumb, from personal experience!

If you move the arm backwards so it is at roughly 90 degrees to the torso you can use the hand a lever and simply pull the arm away from the body.. easy as that! ;)

To replace you simply line up the pin of the arm to the hole in the torso and push firmly on the top of the arm, its quite simple really. The only problem is if you are doing this with old torsos, the plastic tends to be a bit brittle so the torso can crack down the side quite easily.. so beware! :P

As for legs, I tend not to take these apart as I have trouble pulling them off the pegs on the hip, it is possible however but a little tricky.

Jon.

Of course you can remove the arms of normal MFs (by normal I mean non LULS MFs) and put them back on ;)

What is a LULS mini-figure?

Of course you can remove the arms of normal MFs (by normal I mean non LULS MFs) and put them back on  ;)

What is a LULS mini-figure?

Light Up LightSaber

Egad! That sounds like a horrible idea! Am I right in assuming the light sabre cannot be removed from the mini-figure's hand?

You are right.Alright thanks guys,as i have only tried it with old MF's,and now i'm sure how to do it!Thank you,all!

Also,i see everyone having this kind of minifig in their avatar (like jonfett),and they all seem to have been made by some sort of minifig generator.Where can i make this kind of MF icon?

As for legs, I tend not to take these apart as I have trouble pulling them off the pegs on the hip, it is possible however but a little tricky.

I'd caution against taking the legs off unless you feel you really have to. If you have to use too much force then you run a very real risk of the pegs on the hips breaking :(

The other downside is that once you get them back on they are never as tight as they were. I've got some legs that are so loose that any fig using them can barely stand up straight.

only problem is if you are doing this with old torsos, the plastic tends to be a bit brittle so the torso can crack down the side quite easily.. so beware!

Because of that I tend to kind of squeeze the torso while removing its arms - I mean I hold it very tight with my thumb on the belly and the index finger on the back (or the opposite), it sort of protects the torso from breaking at sides.

On average, how many mini-figure torsos perish during an arm removal procedure?

I have never seen any broken torso or arm within my collection, and I am removing them quite often!

For the legs ( I removed many of them, not as many as arms though) I also noticed some weakening, but nothing broke completely or became too weak to work anymore, but maybe I was just too "soft"! ;)