Admiral Bejaune

How many cannon do you have?

i'm kinda low; i have 6 field cannon, 2 carriage guns (the ones with really small wheels on ships) a 32- pounder carronade i'm not sure will fit in :pir-classic: , and 4 custom made ones. so i have in total 13 cannons

It's funny 15 years ago I could have told you exactly how many I have...LOL since they were so rare and sought after in my collection.

Now I'd simply have to estimate...somewhere in the neighborhood of 150+

Most of mine are the old non-shooting dark-grey kind with the crossed-cannons motif emblazoned on the top. probably 80% are in red carriages, 15% in old brown, and the remaining 5% are in green (from the Armada flagship...I had 10 of those I picked up on closeout at a Toys-R-Us when Lego discontinued the classic pirates line). I do have some of the old full-action shooting style, but those all came from BrickLink acquisition...here in the states the full-shooting type were banned...originally. Actually as an oddity, and some of you older guys may have seen these, I have at least one or two of the "disabled" shooting style. They have a black breech-tail which moves like the full shooting type, but there is no spring, instead a round tube of plastic allows the breech-tail to move only a little bit. Placing a 1x1 round brick in the muzzle and flicking the breech with the finger fires the cannon a very short, weak distance. These were first available in the States, but then quickly replaced by the non-shooters for the duration of classic pirates.

Currently I have about 20 of the new metallic-black cannon, which I think are very nice looking. Hope to make a good collection of these and the new soldier's figs...for as long the "Cannon Battle" set is available :pir-sweet:

I'm answering quite late on this topic because I was so busy with counting my cannons. I turned out to have 2 old cannons and 1 custom made cannon :pir_laugh2: , but I'm renting that one from Cap'n Blackmoor. I will order a bunch of them as soon as I have enough money again. There is already a shipment on it's way right now.

I have around 20 cannons, 2 new one and 2 from 3052 Ninja Fire Fortress. :pir-laugh:

And the other :cannon: are old.

the Inventor

I'm answering quite late on this topic because I was so busy with counting my cannons. I turned out to have 2 old cannons and 1 custom made cannon :pir_laugh2: , but I'm renting that one from Cap'n Blackmoor. I will order a bunch of them as soon as I have enough money again. There is already a shipment on it's way right now.

How about the old gray cannon with brown base I'm still lending from you already 2-3 years or so? :pir_laugh2:

How about the old gray cannon with brown base I'm still lending from you already 2-3 years or so?

I believe that's one of the 'old cannons' I mentioned already (I have 1 with a brown and 1 with a green cannon base) :pir_laugh2: So it's still 2 (+yours) :pir-classic:

I do have some of the old full-action shooting style, but those all came from BrickLink acquisition...here in the states the full-shooting type were banned...originally. Actually as an oddity, and some of you older guys may have seen these, I have at least one or two of the "disabled" shooting style. They have a black breech-tail which moves like the full shooting type, but there is no spring, instead a round tube of plastic allows the breech-tail to move only a little bit. Placing a 1x1 round brick in the muzzle and flicking the breech with the finger fires the cannon a very short, weak distance. These were first available in the States, but then quickly replaced by the non-shooters for the duration of classic pirates.

Hi, I'm new here, and I've wondered about what Paladin describes my whole life. I grew up with the original pirates line, and we had some of the "disabled" cannons with the black breech-tail (and later the single piece non-shooting style of course). One day my dad found 6276 Eldorado Fortress at a yard sale that had two of the working cannons, and to this day I've always wondered why the working cannons were discontinued. I would love to know why. Maybe the answer is posted in this forum somewhere... I haven't found it yet.

On topic, I personally own around:

2 "disabled" cannon, brown base

2 non-shooting cannons, 1 brown base, 1 red base

3 new shooting cannons, red base

I hope to get one old shooting cannon (red base) to go with an incomplete copy of 6263 Imperial Outpost that I accidentally acquired (which I plan to complete via bricklink).

That doesn't include the cannons in sets my siblings and I shared, such as the aforementioned Eldorado Fortress and Caribbean Clipper.

Edited by domboy

I have:

27 solid cannons

8 disabled cannons

8 new shooters

11 old shooters

I am in the process of replacing all the solid plastic cannons with the old grey shooters. I'm not sure what I'll do with all the solids when I'm done though...

I have 2 cannons with a red base. (one from Cannon Battle and one from Soldier's Fort)

And it seems that I also have a brown base, without a cannon. :pir-sceptic:

So far: two old red and two old brown (all shooting :cannon: )

Peeron says My Parts: [Hide My Parts] According to your set list, you own 26 of these (show only sets I own) : OldDkGray - 6 PearlDkGray - 20

but I know I haven't kept my set list updated for around 6 months on there.. I really don't know how many new ones I have, but it's probably around 40 or so.

I own about 30 of the red ones (I can use them for my French Napoleonic Armée) and just 2 or 3 brown ones, since I traded the rest of my brownies with dear Captain Green Hair.

I also own 2 green cannon.

I believe I have 6, 4 from Blackbeard ship from the 80's and then two more from random pirate sets.

Total of 33:

16 red old shooting

14 brown old shooting

2 green old shooting

1 blue old shooting

It is a little bit strange, I never use the shoot function, but if I had the non shooting US version of it, I would miss it. All of my friends are laughing hear that the us version (most of them) can't shoot.

That's the opposite of free weapons ;)

So if I had the choice, I would take the shooting Lego canons and f*** of real guns :pir-blush:

Edited by maydayartist

38 non-shooting cannons with a brown base. :pir-wub:

8 old shooting cannons with a red base.

I'm not such a fan of the new cannons but soon I will be forced to buy some of them :pir-tongue:

I will probably spraypaint all of the cannons black for added realism sometime soon.

Errorist