Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Chief's Tepee 6746 Pic Review

Wild West, Native American, Chief's Tepee, Set# 6746. 131 pcs.

A medium sized Native American set that was a pretty good value and has some nice details. The set includes a tepee, totem pole, stream, three figs, hollow tree trunk, and lots of weapons/accessories.

chiefstepee1.jpg

A birds-eye view:

topview.jpg

Close up of the tepee. The round section in the middle is only attached from the top allowing it to be opened.

tepee.jpg

The tepee frame:

frame.jpg

Turning the totem pole turns the trap with a snake inside:

totem_pole.jpg

Some very nice figs. I love the detail:

figs.jpg

And check out the weapons. I love these shields:

weapons.jpg

And the back of the box:

box.jpg

Overall, this is a nice medium sized Native American set. I particularly like the tepee and the figs (like with all these sets).

The tepee frame:

frame.jpg

I've always wondering how these tepees stood and now my wondering is over, all thanks to The Brickster!

phes, meet trapper Old Shatterhand and Apache chief Winnetou...

this is a pic from a comic, but the stories were written by the germany's most read author Karl May. This guy is a household name in Europe, but for some reason, he never succeded in turning the success worldwide...

post-10-1132928142.jpg

I've heard of the Lone Ranger and Tonto but not really familiar with them. That's probably because nobody in Hollywood has decided to desecratethe story with a modern day film remake. I suppose its only a matter of time...

There's one thing I don't understand. Why is the ladder pointing straight at the sky and leading absolutely nowhere? What purpose does it serve?

That's a good question. I didn't point it out, but I always wondered this myself. Maybe an early stairway to heaven? or perhaps a different kind of dream catcher? I'm really not sure. The photo on the front of the box shows it straight up as well, with a bow on top. I'm sure it means something.

There's one thing I don't understand. Why is the ladder pointing straight at the sky and leading absolutely nowhere? What purpose does it serve?

Its for when cow boys attack and say "Reach for the sky!!!" An indian can climb the ladder and be just that little bit close to the sky...

A very nice review.

Though, I could catch some inaccuracy.

1. Southwestern Indians did not have totem poles. They were in Oregon.
  2. Tepees were only used by Nomadic tribes. Most Southwestern tribes lived in adobe buildings or hogans.

All in all, TLC introduced some culture to Europe and the rest of the world. I say great job.

A very nice review.

Though, I could catch some inaccuracy.

1. Southwestern Indians did not have totem poles. They were in Oregon.
  2. Tepees were only used by Nomadic tribes. Most Southwestern tribes lived in adobe buildings or hogans.

All in all, TLC introduced some culture to Europe and the rest of the world. I say great job.

Nice catches, but I don't think you should bump a 5 year old topic just for this.

Thank you very much for this great review, TheBrickster! :classic:

I own this set and I must say that I really, really like this set!

Definately

outstanding :wub: :wub: :wub:

since it includes everything a medium sized Indian set should include:

-some Indians

-their homestead (in this set the tipi)

-a horse

-a stake

-a nice landscape

-much and different weaponry

-a fireplace

-a secret (in this set the hidden snake)

-some water

If only TLG brought back the Western and Indian theme with new (not re-released) sets!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice (but quite old) review... I've always liked those sets, too bad I didn't get any when they were around. :cry_sad:

I've heard of the Lone Ranger and Tonto but not really familiar with them. That's probably because nobody in Hollywood has decided to desecratethe story with a modern day film remake. I suppose its only a matter of time...

Well, Mister Phes wins the Award for the Most Prescient Comment of 2005, I'd say.

Looking back on this set now, with a few additional years of LEGO development, the noses on the minifigures look a little more peculiar to me than they once did (since noses have been absent again for so long now), but while I know they bother some folks here I have to say I still like the minifigures.