achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

Egads.

I was hoping that it'd have the impeccable look-a-likeness as Toy Story does with it's large ConstrAction figures, but with some re-usability, in the pieces.

I'm sure MOCers out there will grab a couple of these sets and make something completely stunning out of some of the pieces, but really, these pieces are too specific. =/

Of course, the look-a-likeness was because it's a licensed theme, and I gotta say, it really does look like the pictures of them on the web. ._. It's eyecatching and the boys will eat them up.

But then again, if Bigchill uses an axle hole to attach to some sort of head, I'm sensing a lot of usage as a "new" mask in MOCs. :hmpf: Looks like an Inika torso as well.

I'm digging those claws he has though, very draconic, especially if they are black. The armor is pretty nice though, I just hope their attachment is something that can be used in other places.

Hopefully some of the others will have nifitier pieces.

[-TA-]

I'm afraid it will be a disaster. It looks like it has too less building ways.

I saw in the book of my local lego dealer

8409 Swinging Ape, Blue with light-blue actionfigure

8410 Swamp Fire, Sandgreen with red action fig

8411 Cromoleon, Blue with black action fig

8517 Gigantosarus Rex, Red with tan action fig

8518 Jetstream, Red with yellow action fig

8519 Big chill, Blue with black action fig

I will not buy them, but maybe some other people are happy with it. :sadnew:

what do they mean by "action fig"?

I think that just refers to the set itself, as in, Big Chill is a blue/black action fig.

I still don't see how you guys can compare this with Galidor. To me, it's clearly more like Bionicle.

They are completely Bionicle-like! Just look at them! They have the same "skeleton" as bionicles, but with new pieces for the head, forearms, and "armor". They just don't have as many Technic holes on the outside.

Seriously, what's SOOO bad about them? That they are highly posable? That they look very similar to their cartoon counterparts? That they are similar to (and compatible with) Lego's popular line of Bionicle toys?

If most people don't mind Bionicle, why these?

I just don't get it.

The problem is, they are not. Sure, they have the same joint system, but on the flip side, do you see people Plopping an exo force limb on a Bionicle because it has a balljoint? No. I mean, look at the brown figure, The entire upper piece, shoulders and head, is one piece. Even if yu could stick that on a Bionicle figure, the then the arms would need to be the same as the Ben 10 arms, making half the figure no different. In addition, the lack of pin holes or axle holes makes it so that these figures CAN'T be added on to.

I saw this coming since I saw a Animated Ben 10 minifig. This is in the advert saying that Ben 10 Alien Force is sponsored by Legoland.

To be honest - I hate Alien Force - If Lego wanted to make a good Ben 10 franchise - they would of made a line of Lego sets for the original Show which I actually liked.

Now we'll never get Fourarms, Wildmutt and Stinkfly - Imagine them in Lego Form!

To be honest - on the spot I could imagine possible Ripjaw and Heatblast minifig's using some Agents moulds. Heat Blast could have recoloured Dr Inferno hair and RipJaw a recoloured Metal Jaw.

RJ out...

It is a pity... Why the Brown figure is the one with the most of the big pieces from the theme (the upper shoulder and head/ the hands)? I would like very much to have this for more brown pieces (as it don't appear more in Bionicle), but now, I lost the interest in it. :sad:

Anyways, I think I'll be getting Big Chill. The claws look like awesome! And I don't think we will get the opportunity of a "four-winged" set in Bionicle (not very soon, as we only will get "Stars" in the first part of the year).

Scroll up, there are pics of the blue and brown one. Actually, you may have to search, I'm viewing this at 40 posts per page, if you are viweing it at less you may have to go back a few pages.

I change what I said, the leg bits look like they might be of use, but they are really ugly and I'm not sure where they would work.

I've seen pictures of all of them...

These things are good as action figures...

They not good as Ben 10 Figures (Some of them, Swampfire and Spider Monkey) Barely resemble their counterparts and no of them look that good...

They not good as LEGO sets... (They actually look less compatable then Galidor...)

The problem is, they are not. Sure, they have the same joint system, but on the flip side, do you see people Plopping an exo force limb on a Bionicle because it has a balljoint? No. I mean, look at the brown figure, The entire upper piece, shoulders and head, is one piece. Even if yu could stick that on a Bionicle figure, the then the arms would need to be the same as the Ben 10 arms, making half the figure no different. In addition, the lack of pin holes or axle holes makes it so that these figures CAN'T be added on to.

Ben 10 is nothing like Bionicle.

Just like how Bionicle is nothing like Lego?

That was the same complaint made by fans like you when Bionicle first came out. And look where it is.

Give the theme a shot on the shelves first before bashing it. Seriously.

And you can moc with it. It is possible just by looking at it. If you can't, time to work on your skills. People can MOC with System and Bionicle. People can MOC System and Galidor. People can MOC Bionicle and Galidor. So you can MOC ben 10 with System and Bionicle.

-Omi

Weren't there supposed to be some new type of "building experience" involved? As theese fig looks it seems almost like they meant to say "No building experience involved". ;)

I just hope that they contain more pieces than it looks like. I'd say they contain about 20-ish pieces max.

However I doubt it will be Galidor all over as this series at least has a quite larger fanbase.

Weren't there supposed to be some new type of "building experience" involved? As theese fig looks it seems almost like they meant to say "No building experience involved". ;)

Everyone has their own views on building experiance. if you have to put it together, it is still called "building it". And from the looks, it is a new type of building experiance.

-Omi

Ad from an Italian magazine (online preview, I don't have a better version):

ben.jpg

"Aliens (for you) to build"

"Ben 10 Alien force: A force not to be underestimated"

As a Bionicle fan, I admit I'm really really really digging those claws.

And they come in all sorts of colors including Sand Green and Purple!

If that Sand Green set has any useful part in that color, I'm picking it up.

[-TA-]

As a Bionicle fan, I admit I'm really really really digging those claws.

And they come in all sorts of colors including Sand Green and Purple!

If that Sand Green set has any useful part in that color, I'm picking it up.

[-TA-]

Do you think that set has purple or pink? It looks purplish in that photo, but in an earlier image that claws looked more like pink.

Either way though, I'll probably get that set for the colour, especially if that's a purple/pink Viking horn on the head. :sweet:

Nope.

I can't even sum up the energy to hate the sets.

Thanks for the links though evilmike.

Humongousaur 8517 - 14 Pieces. :sadnew:

Things just got a whole lot harder for everyone who was hoping to MOC with Ben 10 and BIONICLE/SYSTEM.

Pros:

Spidermonkey 8409 has an awesome face and plenty of limb pieces.

Chromastone 8411 has purple claws and heaps of new purple spike parts.

Big Chill 8519 has amazing wings with a lot of MOCing possibilities.

Swampfire 8410 is like Chromastone, but with red spikes and sand green. :classic:

The combiners are interesting to say the least, but they tempt me to get a ridiculous amount of Ben 10 sets and try MOCing an awesome alien.

In summary, I see absolutely no value in even the building experience of the sets, but most of the parts can be great for organic BIONICLE MOCs, something that's currently hard to truly do. It's just disappointing that most of the pieces are overly <insert that tiresome argument> when there was potential for them to be split into smaller, more compatible parts.

All I can to anyone actually going to buy this, you are paying almost 20 dollars for 14 pieces.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

All I can to anyone actually going to buy this, you are paying almost 20 dollars for 14 pieces.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

I suppose they're not really aimed at people who would think in terms of pieces. I mean, a reguler Ben 10 action figure only has one piece, and they're obviously hot. A kid who buys these will be able to mix the limbs around, and interchange them with a second model to creature their own aliens; that's where the appeal seems to lie. Modular, maybe, rather than constructible.

It still means that they hold zero appeal to me. I won't be getting any. I think it's a nice idea and I hope it does well, it's just not "my" Lego. No harm in that.

Lego may be able to make a quick buck from some kids on this, but I sure won't be buying any of them. This is pretty much a huge let down, I feel the boxes shouldn't even have the Lego name on them. These are like a mix between bionicle, and galidor. :sick:

Hmmm...interesting sets. Looks like they're trying here to do things that Galidor should have been. Can't say I hate them, but I can't say I'll be buying any either. Probably doesn't help that I've never watched more than 2 episodes of the show.

As to the prices, Amazon does inflate LEGO prices slightly, so I'm sure they won't be but so bad.

I Realy don't know what to say about these sets, truely they were a letdown i expected more of a bionicle but in the form of the aliens. And $14 for 14 parts, well there is just too much stuff coming out next year for me to worry about this.