achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

I know next to nothing about Ben 10, but it's interesting to see LEGO continuing to expand it's number of cartoon licenses. Anyone with more knowledge about the show care to chime in about what kinds of sets might come out of this?

Is this going to be the next Sponge Bob or the next Avatar?

Seems like LEGO knows how to make money, and they know what kid's like.

I've never seen the show but my 6 year old Nephew loves it so it seems to bea Cash Cow that LEGO wan't to milk.

I was told that the set are to assemble the monster only. Something like castle theme dragon or Bionicle.

So there will not be any minifigs and the builder will be Ben10. Guess this is what LEGO means by new experience of playing.

There went my interest.

Okay, I'll still give it a chance until better pictures arrive, but I'm not hoping.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I don't see how it is "Galidor again", considering from the pics, they are using actual Lego components. If anything, it is moreso Knights Kingdom all over again.

-Omi

I don't see how it is "Galidor again", considering from the pics, they are using actual Lego components. If anything, it is moreso Knights Kingdom all over again.

-Omi

Except with cooler parts.

But that has a totally different attraction and building style. If this were made with normal bricks then there is a chance that it could bomb, partly because of a lack of "real" figs.

The Bionicle playsets is no different building style and no different from your System set. And they were attracted by fans of Lego.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Well, the fact that these are more Bionicle than anything else isn't new, so this is pretty much what I was expecting. It doesn't look bad, but not very good either. Even though it uses Bionicle joints and such, it doesn't look very legoish. But that might just be the blurriness, so, like Batbrick, I shall stay open-minded until we see some good pictures of these sets.

Castle had figs and minifigs!

What does Castle have to do with Bionicle-esque action figures? Are you talking about the Knights Kingdom action figures? Those were a bit different IMO as they used system parts, not Bionicle ones.

Aw hell it's galidor all over again :hmpf:

Comparing these with Galidor is a bit harsh IMO. :sadnew: Whereas Galidor had almost nothing in common with Lego, the Ben 10 figures clearly have quite a bit of resemblance to Lego's successful Bionicle figures, so I don't see what the problem is.

However, I must admit that my own interest is dwindling. :sceptic: We'll see how the rest of the sets turn out. As a few have said, there is still some hope for minifig-scale sets. I personally would simply love it if they made a set out of Kevin's car with the three main characters as minifigs. :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

What does Castle have to do with Bionicle-esque action figures? Are you talking about the Knights Kingdom action figures? Those were a bit different IMO as they used system parts, not Bionicle ones.

Weapons were Bionicle enough. :P

-Omi

Exo-Force is what got me back into Lego and that was the first thing that I thought when I saw the box art. It's a little too unclear to really make out how unique the pieces are, though; too close to Bionicle and I'm not interested. I need something, to quote Watto, "a little more reeeeal."

The lack of minifigs doesn't really bother me. Actually, the focus on minifigs was one of the things that really surprised me when I first started checking out the AFOL community a couple of months ago :)

Toy Story is getting two big poseable models along with a bunch of regular ones. I suppose it's possible that Ben 10 is the same, and we just happen to be seeing one of the big ones first.

I liked Ben 10. Then they ended it and made a craptastic new show taking place in the future. I liked it when Ben 10,000 was a character who got 2 episodes or so, but they just gave the show to him, and that just sucks.

I liked Ben 10. Then they ended it and made a craptastic new show taking place in the future. I liked it when Ben 10,000 was a character who got 2 episodes or so, but they just gave the show to him, and that just sucks.

What the heck are you talking about? :wacko:Ben 10: Alien Force is a continuation of the old Ben 10 show, only 3 years later. Ben 10.000 was just a possible future which may not even happen in the main timeline of the TV shows.

And what does this have to do with Lego?

Toy Story is getting two big poseable models along with a bunch of regular ones. I suppose it's possible that Ben 10 is the same, and we just happen to be seeing one of the big ones first.

I think word was that it would be "action figure" and not minifigure scale.

In this picture, you can see two Ben 10 sets in the upper left corner: Big Chill and Humongousaur.

3937792824_c13c6f4ba3_o.jpg

You can see them in other pics in this photostream too, but this is the best pic to see them in.

These "sets" seem to be indeed just like Bionicle.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

These looked cool, I saw them while looking at the Bionicle sets. I don't know much about Ben 10, but these do look cool. A cool blend of new parts, Bionicle and System.

And for the record I reckon Galidor is: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: