Emperor Claudius Rome

Proof of Imperial soldiers being french

I have proof that the imperial soldiers are french.

The reason being is the flag, lets take a look

The flag has a crown on It, which takes out the idea of them being american because the americans rebeled from monarchy.

The proof that they aren't the british navy is the fleur de lis on the corners

Note: You don't have to change you personall opion obviously, its gust something i've found.

post-6263-1243897996.gif

But if they're French, they wouldn't be capable of producing a worthy force to be used by Lego, given their military record? :pir-wink:

Edited by Arthas

I KNEW they were French! That fleur de lis on the flag that came with my Broadside's Brig is a dead giveaway. (Plus I did always notice a distinct smell of wine and old cheese whenever one walked into the room. :pir-wink:)

They almost conquered europe. (Yet that was a feet acomplished by alot of men ie trajan)

But look what happened after that, Downhill since then...No offence. :pir_laugh2:

I've allways thought this detail was pretty obvious, wasn't it? :pir-look: The Fleur de Lys is pretty recognizable as french...

We had a lot of discussions about this subject a few months ago. In there became clear the Bluecoats are French, Redcoat British and Armada Spanish.

On a side note it is what LEGO is, imagination! So Bluecoats can be used for British too, it's just how you like it.

My personal opinion:

Bluecoats are French

Redcoats are British

Armada guys are Spanish

Islanders are .... Islanders! I bet you didn't know that one! :pir-laugh:

We had a lot of discussions about this subject a few months ago. In there became clear the Bluecoats are French, Redcoat British and Armada Spanish.

On a side note it is what LEGO is, imagination! So Bluecoats can be used for British too, it's just how you like it.

My personal opinion:

Bluecoats are French

Redcoats are British

Armada guys are Spanish

But thats the problem with my Which are you? Thread. People who were on the British side voted Bluecoats because they though British officers wore Blue. But now, hopefully we know!

My personal opinion:

Bluecoats are French

Redcoats are British

Armada guys are Spanish

Agreed. Redcoats for the win!

But wait a second. What nationality are pirates?

They can come from diffrent countries, But the greatest pirates came from England, Such as Blackbeard, Edward England, Bartholomew Roberts, Henry Avery, Mary Read...

WHAT did you say there? :pir-tongue:

Also a lot of Americans in the time of the American war of Independance, English sailors gone mad and sail under false flag.

And the Chinese waters were crowded with pirates. They came from Singapore and from the countless little islands in the Asian waters.

LEGO Pirates can have every nationality in my opinion.

My personal opinion:

They are?!? I never knew that!!!

On Topic: I always knew Bluecoats were French. :pir-blush:

Y'know that the great " Napolean" got defeated when he attacked Russia?

I probably spelled Napolean wrong, but I'm an American so technically I get a free ignorant pass.

It doesn't take much to figure out that he Blue coats are French, The Red coats are British and the pirates are every nationality.

I knew that they were french since when I was watching "Horatio Hornblower: The Wrong War" Horatio found a hat on the floor with an artillary symbol simillar to the flagm and the symbol belonged to the frenchies I beleive. :)

I think the colour of the uniforms doesn't matter a lot for bluecoats and redcoats. On the british ships, soldiers wore red clothes and naval officers wore blue clothes. I think a french ship should just wear the bluecoats flag and a british ship should have a redcoat's flag. It can be nice to make the crew in the same colour as the flag, but if you prefer the historically accuracy, you can also choose the real colours. That's what I think, people shouldn't take these things too accurate :pir-classic:

For Bluecoats and redcoats, I go by the Lego version - the Imperial Soldiers (blue and new red) and the Imperial Guard are just different uniforms of the same anti-pirate faction. They're just "Imperials," not French or British. I do, however, use the Imperial Armada guys as a Spanish themed opposing faction since they're so different.

It would be interesting for the person at Lego who was responsible for the blue to red color change to explain the logic behind it.