Emperor Claudius Rome

Romans or Greeks/Spartans

Romans or Greeks?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Romans or Greeks?

• Romans
    • Greeks/Spartans

In the new "Atlantic" theme, there is a trident. Maybe we could see one on a Gladiator?

That might be well possible.

At least there is the possibility to use this for gladiators, too.

Nevertheless I wouldn't bet since in the past years there always have been elements in new sets and themes of which someone could guess that TLG might bring back an old or release a new theme since these elements would be very interesting for these themes, too - but nothing did happen.

But on the other hand I can't imagine that with the big success of the Playmobil Roman theme Lego will not release a Roman theme in the next years.

Klaus-Dieter

Romans would work a lot better--I want any Emperor mini-fig. or maybe, a Senator mini-fig. A whole room of senators assassinating Caesar! :D

In the new "Atlantic" theme, there is a trident. Maybe we could see one on a Gladiator?

Or we could see one in the hand of Poseidon, or adorning Charon's ferry across the Styx, just sayin'.

Because it will be expensive. I like to see both as well, at least when there is no fantasy, but I don't think TLG will release two historical themes. Not in a single year. Maybe they will release both as factions in one theme, but that sounds not very likely to me.

Because it will be expensive. I like to see both as well, at least when there is no fantasy, but I don't think TLG will release two historical themes. Not in a single year. Maybe they will release both as factions in one theme, but that sounds not very likely to me.

I totally agree with you, Richie.

Both themes in one line and/or in one year is absolutely excluded (already yet because kids want fractions which can be defined as the good and the bad or at least which don't look to similar - but Roman and Greek soldiers very supposably look for kids too similar).

Like already mentioned I bet that we'll see one of these themes in the next years. But next years could even mean firstly 2011 or later.

It will depend on whether TLG wants to release a fantasy theme (like the current "Castle" theme) - then Greeks will make it. Or whether they want to release a non-fantasy theme - then Romans will make it.

Klaus-Dieter

Well we're comming to the point of when the leaks might be near. If we see set names like:

Legionary Attack

And

Barbarian ambush

We'll be getting Romans. If we see names like:

Hydra attack

And

The Centuar rampage

We'll have Greeks/Spartans

If we get romans. I'm going to make a MoC with Legionarys forming the Testudo formation.

I understand you want to keep this topic active, but please try not to post unless you have something to contribute. People will post in it if they want to, but otherwise you'll just have to let it die.

If anything would be a 'clue' in TLG's current lines, I also think it's this, but I doubt it. I also was - naively - expecting some more references to Greek mythology in the Atlantis line.

Edited by Rick

you forgot one option...nether of the two.

And another one: both of them! Romans vs. Greeks! Or maybe Romans vs. Celts? In any case, if you want to have Romans, you would need some other (historical) faction for them to fight; for Greeks, I guess mythical monsters could work.

Actually, I'm not even sure I would like to see either of them... Come to think of it, for some reason, I don't think making a very realistic and historically accurate ancient/medieval theme would be a good idea... I don't know, something about that strikes me as being un-LEGO. Well, imagine that, instead of the usual factions, Castle had English vs. French... that's just... wrong. :sceptic:

How about EGYPTIANS? You could have pyramids! Then again, who would they fight? Then AGAIN, who said a "historical" LEGO theme needs to incorporate violence? How about the Greek line (with or without the mythological element in it) be centered around ancient Greek architecture, or famous philosophers, and stuff like that. It could work.

Edited by Mörs

How about the Greek line (with or without the mythological element in it) be centered around ancient Greek architecture, or famous philosophers, and stuff like that. It could work.

No it would not work. We still need to remember that LEGO's main demographic is children. And I don't think kids are interested in architecture and philosophy. :sceptic:

No it would not work. We still need to remember that LEGO's main demographic is children. And I don't think kids are interested in architecture and philosophy. :sceptic:

I don't think many kids are interested in building Techinic vehicles with complicated mechanisms, either, yet LEGO makes them.

Isn't there a line called "Architecture", actually?

Edited by Mörs

Well, considering LEGO is a building brick, I'd say architecture is kind of the whole point of origin of the hobby :grin:

And a theme with many historical architecture styles would be awesome.

But I do agree with you on the philosopher thing, though. That would be kind of too abstract...

Edited by yellost

But I do agree with you on the philosopher thing, though. That would be kind of too abstract...

Ahem...

Take a look at my signature. Doesn't this sound like LEGO?

:grin:

(No offense of course. I know exactly what you mean and I agree. It was just a little joke. :wink: )

Ahem...

Take a look at my signature. Doesn't this sound like LEGO?

:grin:

(No offense of course. I know exactly what you mean and I agree. It was just a little joke. :wink: )

What I meant was you could have minifigs of some famous Greek people (philosophers, in particular), like Plato or Socrates, maybe with an academy to boot. I don't really think it's a good idea, either...

Edited by Mörs

I assume Romans are more popular in Europe because of their history. However, in the States, Romans are barely touched in History class, while Greeks are covered in both History and English. Has anyone read Percy Jackson and the Olympians series? It's like the craze among kids, so I think a Greek mythology line would be a hit.

What I meant was you could have minifigs of some famous Greek people (philosophers, in particular), like Plato or socrates, maybe with an academy to boot. I don't really think it's a good idea, either...

Sounds great if you ask me. When I wrote that I agree I was reffering to philosophers only and connecting this with a toy. But seeing it as a whole as you've mentioned, (with buildings etc) that's a nice idea. :thumbup:

It would be the ROMANS for me.

Just think of the war machines they built which we could build in Lego - Fantastic !

I wonder if Lego will ever do such a theme ?