Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

PICTURE REVIEW: 7705 (fixed)

indexed.gif

Well, I finally got the package today from Amazon, along with the Ambulance, but since that review was done anyway, I'll get to the Gate Set ;)

First some general comments. This is, in my opinoin, a great piece set! It comes with all sorts of useful black and dark red pieces.

One of these pieces was new to me. Anyone else see this before?

I apologize for any blurriness in the pictures, my hand isn't the sturdiest around...which is partly why I didn't want to go into surgery ;) Also, I dislike the decals, so the review won't have them (though you can always see pictures of them with the decals if you guys really want).

Anyway, on with the review!

For $30US, the set more than breaks the price:parts barrier, with 402 pieces at just over $0.0746US/piece!

First let's look at the figures. It comes with two humans, and three robots

img_0005.jpg

Here's a picture of the robot disassembled (as requested)

img_0008.jpg

And a close up of the main body of the robots (sorry for any blurriness, I was trying to hold it

img_0010.jpg

Here are the two humans, with their "normal" faces. Their hair is sort of rubbery, like Hagrid's, and the black hair really doesn't stay on well at all

img_0011.jpg

And the action face...

img_0012.jpg

Unfortunately the black hair doesn't even cover the secondary face...

img_0013.jpg

Here's my favorite of the two mechs, the droid mech. It comes with lots of nice dark red parts, and is very posable. One arm has a pair of missile launchers, and the other has a pair of heavy guns.

img_0016.jpg

Here's a shot of the leg mechanisms, somewhat similar to the "Life on Mars series"...

img_0017.jpg

img_0019.jpg

Here's the arm mechanism. It's really quite ingenius, and allows for a simulated ball-joint effect

img_0020.jpg

Ah well, enough for my favorite mech, here's the human one! It would look nicer with the decals I'm sure, but I hate stickers ;) One arm has a missile launcher and cache, and the other has a "hand" with three fingers and a thumb, made of milky-silver arms from the robots in the set.

img_0022.jpg

The leg and arm mechanisms are the same, though this does come with a pair of nice transclear wings on it's back...

img_0024.jpg

Next comes the third "vehicle", a tankishthingy for the robots! It features four wheels, two droids, and a rotating gattling gun

img_0026.jpg

Another shot of the side, with another set of <insert that tiresome argument> pieces...

img_0028.jpg

It's time to move onto the Gate

img_0029.jpg

It features a pair of missile launchers on one side of the gate

img_0031.jpg

And a gunner platform on the other side

img_0032.jpg

On each side of the gate is a sort of security camera I suppose...

img_0036.jpg

Here's the gate opening up to reveal a larger missile pointed right at you! It's just the same old kind that I hate though...

img_0037.jpg

The mechanism to fire the missile (which was really more than it had to be)

img_0039.jpg

The VERY simple door mechanism

img_0041.jpg

And finally, a group shot of the whole set in action! Hey, imperial traitor! You'll find no old grey in there, Phes!

img_0049.jpg

Overall, it's a decent set. Great for parts, and even though I don't like the black hair, I love the torso on that fig. The red hair could work reasonably well with a woman, I assume. It's a lot for your money, and while the mechs are small (to fit so much into the set for that price), I think they're more than decent, and well designed (except for the lack of controls on the human mech...). I don't like the actual gate that much, so I'll probably just take it apart for its parts. Same MAYBE with the tank, I don't know yet.

Pieces: 9/10

Minifigures: 8/10

Playability: 9/10

Originality: 6/10

Set Design: 7/10

Overall: 7.8/10

Alright, I fixed up the review. Could someone maybe replace the stickied topic with this one, and transfer the comments? I'd appreciate it! Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience, I'm new at this :$

And the action face...

img_0012.jpg

SWEET CHRISTMAS! That blue-haired guy looks seriously ticked! And I tell ya, it ain't healthy for one to be that ticked. Somebody get this dude some laughing gas, or his head's going to explode.

Heh, nice new pics! And wow! I can really see that this is truly a set that will end up on children's Christmas's lists everwhere! And wow. Lego sure is showing a certain, um, "liking' of large guns. I mean I thought Dino Attack was something else, but this? That "tankishthingy" is packing some serious heat right there. Is it really nessesary to carry that much weaponry to fight for a gate? I mean with all that firepower, you could literally blow the doors of any base into oblivion.

Nice work starwars.

I appreciate all your work to get this review up and running. I see lots of little things I like here (those robot figs look pretty cute), and the price is good, so I imagine I'll get one just to see it for myself, but there are way too many parts here I will likely never use again.

It does not matter much whether I end up liking it, because I am 100% sure that my 7 year old nephew will like this A LOT! Actually my two girls may even like it, since they watch anime.

I thought this Exo Force theme was gonna be total crapola. I think I was wrong to judge too quickly. I have mentally upgraded it into the "so so" to "possibly interesting" range.

I remain deeply skeptical about the bigger mechas

Thanks again.

Outstanding...this looks like a very good set to start with, and to think I didn't like these at first :D

Those mechs are pretty ingenious for being so small. I know everytime I try and make mechs they tun into fragile over-complicated messes, so these will be a good learning experience.

I love the front end of that robot tank...makes me think it may actually be a driod itself :oo

As for the little Anime figures...yeah, definatly putting spare Alpha Team members in as pilots to fight the robots nuts.GIF

Tks for the great pics :oD

This set looks better and better !!!! Great mechs and MFs !!!! Great tank !! love it !!!!!

I'll pin this one up !! Continue the discussion here ;) May the Exo Force be with you !!! :D :P

Thanks for the pics of the wings! They look awesome! Never seen anything better! It's also a very nice construction, considering how the wings can attatch to just onto just one block.

I picked up this set tonight, and just finished building it. It was better than I thought it would be, but dear god... the stickers.

Let me put it this way; the sticker sheet is bigger than any part in the set.

And yes, I did apply them.

Is there any chance we could have a few pics of the set stickered-up? And how many stickers does it have?

Love those minifigs and droids - close to saying that EXO-Force is a must have.

If You haven't checked out the comic on lego.com then do - it's a great sub-page and You can also give the different sets points for how cool they are.

I love EXO-Force *wub* *wub*

KimT

I can so see the black hairpiece painted yellow on a buttload of cloud strife (FF7) customs...

I still stand by what I said when the first leaked pics hit us...not worth my time.

I am sick,

Cutty

Firstly, excellent pictures!

I just picked up the set and I have to say it is great. The robots a wonderful. My only complaint with them is that the head is not removable. They are a copper color and are much thicker and more sturdy than the weak battle drois from SW. The hands rotate and yet have a good friction so poses are very possible. The robots are great. I hope we get some sort of robot factory set with a dozen or more.

The mecha are small compact and work well for the size. I will tinker around with the designs to allow more movement. The robot mecha moves much better than the human one. The white armor pieces for the legs limit the feet and knee/hip movement greatly. The hand also needs a longer arm to be effective as it cannot reach the ground as it is.

The gate is . . . well it will be nice to use the parts for something else and make my own gate if I want one. The little vehicle is a decnt buggy of sorts. The rotating quad blaster can fire on anything infront of it well, but if attacked aerially from behind it cannot defend itself at all. *twisted*

The anime characters are good. I like the hair on both and their suits look the part. When I get my second set (for christmas most likely) I will do a little experiment and report back on the details.

Excellent mid-range set. Between this and the graveyard duel these are the best sets LEGO has put out lately.

Thanks for the great review!

I so want this set, it's on my christmas wishlist. The robots look so cool. *twisted*

~~END~~

Thanks for the great review!

I so want this set, it's on my christmas wishlist. The robots look so cool. *twisted*

~~END~~

Ya, it's on mine too ;)

definatly gonna save up money and buy! and great review! (and pics)

i love the hair! and yeah, blue dude is really mad about something!

~crispen

I love the front end of that robot tank...makes me think it may actually be a driod itself

Mr.Dinosaur u were thinking exactley what i was thinking ;). The front of that tank looks exactley like its robot drivers :oD. Whenever i look at his face sticking out of the back of his head i think japanese voldemort *voldemort*, like profesor Quirl from the sorcerers stone, lol |-D. Thanks for that reveiw, Totaly awsome.

Also if its not to much to ask may i be able to do the review for the robot air plane :D ? please it would be my very first reveiw and im very good with the digital camera :D .

You may have to wait awhile though :D

I love the front end of that robot tank...makes me think it may actually be a driod itself

Mr.Dinosaur u were thinking exactley what i was thinking ;). The front of that tank looks exactley like its robot drivers :oD. Whenever i look at his face sticking out of the back of his head i think japanese voldemort *voldemort*, like profesor Quirl from the sorcerers stone, lol |-D. Thanks for that reveiw, Totaly awsome.

Also if its not to much to ask may i be able to do the review for the robot air plane :D ? please it would be my very first reveiw and im very good with the digital camera :D .

You may have to wait awhile though :D

Well, you don't have to ask permission do to a review, and I'm nobody, so... ;) I wasn't gonna get that set anyway, but maybe I'll change my mind depending on your review

I bought 'Gate Assault' set in my local smyths today and i think its great. I already have a bridge connecting to it from a jungle scenario. Also in the review in this forum it said the robot mech's gun arm is too heavy. Well it really is :dry:

Agreed, it could be some form of alternate robot much like the Cylon raptors in the new Battlestar Galactica.

I love the front end of that robot tank...makes me think it may actually be a driod itself :oo

Hello Starwars4J!

Your minifigure's where the wrong outfit.

The blue shirt must on the guy with the red head.

And the orange shirt must be on the ohter guy!

Greets, THE-FORCE