Sign in to follow this  
Tom Bricks

Review: Indiana Jones the Original Adventures

To start off I will be reviewing this game from two angles. First the game play and it's value as a stand alone game, and Second the use of lego in the game. None of these pictures are mine because I don't know how to get them from a TV to a computer.

Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii:

3577611860_a58d7f078b.jpg

The link to the game trailer:

Name: Lego Indiana Jones the Original Adventures

Release: 2008?

Price:$20.00 but it came free when you bought an Xbox 360

Genre: Action/ Puzzle

Part 1, The Game Review:

To begin with this is not only my first lego review but also my fist game review so I'm not sure how this will turn out. The game is a puzzle solving adventure perfect for children and adults. It is better as a two person game but it is alright in single player mode. The goal is to complete the levels while collecting as many coins as possible and collect all the treasure chests along the way.You begin at Barnett collage as Indy and Sapito (the guy from the first scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark) and from there you chose which of the 3 original movies to enter and begin in story mode. I played in order but its nice to start with your favorite movie. While staying true to the original movies and the lego sets this is a great game for anyone (my non-AFOL brother in law likes it)

The characters: Another plus for this game is that each character in a level is important and this keeps all players involved. Indy is in every level but his various sidekicks (Short Round :wub:) each have their individual uses. You can also play in free play mode with characters you have unlocked or some that you can create using all the lego torsos in the game. The only negative part is that the Lego people move like real people instead of Minifigures but I quickly got used to this. The game also includes characters not yet in any sets like the grail knight and some of the Germans.

3576807399_f532c44bb5.jpg

The graphics: I can only comment on the wii version but as far as I am concerned they look fine. Legos don't look real any way so the graphics are fine. The incorperation of Lego elements into more realistic backgrounds is nice however.

3577612200_63e2139c96.jpg

The gameplay: It is very fun to solve the puzzles and fight the various characters along the way but it can be challenging at some points. There where some hard parts and one minor glich in the gameplay but overall it was fun. Once again I recommend that this be played with two people but I play fine by myself.

3576807431_8bbea4d8fc.jpg

Additional comments: The jokes in it are sometimes corny but funny and lego related. The biggest negative of this set is that there is now way to save in the middle of a level, in order to save the level must be completed. This game made me by the Race for the Stolen Treasure set so I guess Lego suceded.

Part 2, The Review of the Lego Construction in the Game:

Looking at this game strictly from an AFOL's point of view it has actually inspired me. The game, to my surprise used a wide variety of parts, including some no longer in production.I also think it may have used some parts in colors that don't exist, like flex tubes in brown and plant pieces in various colors. This game even included a new mold, a Camel!! hopefully a sign of things to come. Because the game was made before the set designs where final the game includes earlier versions of some characters and sets like the flying wing, which was in my opinion better. The game also used various techniques like SNOT and an interesting rope bridge design.

3576807473_d19dc73ff9.jpg

Overall: The question on most of your minds is probably would I rather have this game or a $20.00 lego set?

For me it was between this and the City Horse trailer set and I bought this. I was pleased and spent hours more on this game than I would have spent building that set. I would recommend this set for everyone including people not into Lego.

What do you think of the game?

Also any pointers are welcome as this is my first review!

Edit: Yay I'm a Citizen!!

Edited by Tom Bricks

Nice review,all the facts are corect and it is interesting.I think the camel is really the animal the Gunguns ride.

Gamer.

I got this game packed with my Xbox 360, and although I've only played one stage of it with my boyfriend (who refuses to play it more :cry_sad: ), I kinda liked it.

Sure, it has the "license game"-vibe to it, but it's surprisingly in-depth and fun for such a game.

Interesting review! In fact, this is the first time, I had seen a video game review in EB. :tongue:

Good job, Mr LEGO Game Reviewer.

I will move this topic to "Culture & Multimedia", since its much suited there.

Nice review,all the facts are corect and it is interesting.I think the camel is really the animal the Gunguns ride.

Gamer.

I couldn't tell, it was the right color but I can't remember now. It's possible, they used some star wars elements(like the C3PO head)