Tarfful

Car Talk

First ride was a metallic green LADA 1500S... 1 year younger than me, so you can imagine it was not the coolest car in the world. But I loved it to bits nevertheless. Did a select few modifications and tampered with the paintjob (spray-painted all black or neutral-coloured elements in silver... loved the green / silver combination). The 1.5 engine was only capable of 75bhp, but it was a really light car, so the accelleration was fine. Top achievable speed @ 120kmh (only 4 gears), altho it could do 160 when I was much, much younger... So I made sure that I didn't drive it out of town too often. Brakes were practically useless, but that's how I learned to make the most of manual gears and engine braking ;)

Next I drove one of these, in metallic blue. 2.0 Turbodiesel engine, loved it. I've been a huge fan of diesel engines ever since. As to the ride, you would never believe it, but this Pug offered one of the smoothest rides ever! I've sat in or driven quite a few cars, but as far as comfort while driving goes, the 406 was on equal terms with the Merc E and S-Classes of those days, and that did mean something to me.

After that I've driven around a 2007 BMW 520i, which however was not mine, so I'm not driving anything currently. Regarding the Beamer - I was hardly impressed by anything this car had to offer, not even the 170bhp. It's fast, but not quick - I preferred the Pug's huge torque in lower RPMs to the Beamer's capability of properly accelerating after 140kmh. All in all, this one was definitely a MAJOR disappointment to me, especially with the brand's reputation in mind.

Next I'm thinking of either getting a second-hand Peugeot 406 Coupe 2.2 HDi or saving up for a VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI, which might however take a while. So I think I'd rather save up for one of these babies... Which reminds me: Any other bikers or bike lovers around here?

I never replied to this?

ABIGAIL_-_Front_end_(1).jpg

I'd like a 1936 white Auburn convertible. Not a repro, either.

Style. :thumbup:

Thats a pretty modest car, Hun. My dream car would be a 1963 bright red corvette that makes loud revving noises.

There are so many choices and nice cars, but my all time favorite is the Audi R8 :wub:

AudiR8.jpg

:wub: :wub:

There are so many choices and nice cars, but my all time favorite is the Audi R8 :wub:

AudiR8.jpg

:wub: :wub:

what if you were asked this question 3 years ago? i like this car too, the pics dont do this car justice, you have to see it up close to admire it properly

That Audi is sick! I bet is 50,000 dollars, plus!

it's actually ~$135000 :grin:

it's actually ~$135000 :grin:

Ooof. Dang it, that is pricey! So much for the hopes of a birthday present :grin::cry_sad: I dont even own 135000$!

Ooof. Dang it, that is pricey! So much for the hopes of a birthday present :grin::cry_sad: I dont even own 135000$!

thats actually pretty cheap considering its based off a gallardo, which is twice as much

thats actually pretty cheap considering its based off a gallardo, which is twice as much

I cant believe people can own these cars! If I had one, one scratch on it and I would shoot myself. I have seen a car get stripped in newark in less than three minutes :sceptic: ..

I cant believe people can own these cars! If I had one, one scratch on it and I would shoot myself. I have seen a car get stripped in newark in less than three minutes :sceptic: ..

what does that mean? a car in newark gets messed up in 3 minutes?

what does that mean? a car in newark gets messed up in 3 minutes?

In New Jersey (where I live) there is a city called Newark which is ridden with corruption. Some people will go up to a car and strip off all the parts and run off. It is really scary to see. It was on a parked car. So basically if you take a nice car into newark, its time may be limited.

In New Jersey (where I live) there is a city called Newark which is ridden with corruption. Some people will go up to a car and strip off all the parts and run off. It is really scary to see. It was on a parked car. So basically if you take a nice car into newark, its time may be limited.

i know where newark is. now i understand, but dont you have the popo chasing these guys?

i know where newark is. now i understand, but dont you have the popo chasing these guys?

Yes well all crime cant be prevented. There are police officers but these things unfortunatly happen.

that's sad. but why would anyone in newark have a car like this if they knew this stuff goes on

that's sad. but why would anyone in newark have a car like this if they knew this stuff goes on

Well the truth is that this is rare. There are alot of gangs there so it mostly goes on between them. Oh, and the organised crime. Also, not all of newark is corrupt. So it isnt so bad in some ways. You just need to be careful. And I dont think there is a single person there who has a Audi A8 :wink:

I could be wrong, but I assume he's talking CAD.

I could be wrong, but I assume he's talking CAD.

Still, that is a boatload of money!

Still, that is a boatload of money!

Indeed. At the current exchange rate, it would come out to $108,678.16 USD (Via XE.com)

There are plenty of cars that I'd like to own, and it seems that my dreamride keeps changing depending on my mood.

Might change, though. I really like this: the Tesla Model S

model-s-official-4b.jpg

model-s-official-1b.jpg

teslamodelslive_23.jpg

Best part for me about it is that I have a genuine chance of actually getting one. Electric cars are tax-free in Norway, which means it'll be dirt cheap (even after import) compared to its competition. Range is good, too.

Indeed. At the current exchange rate, it would come out to $108,678.16 USD (Via XE.com)

actually its $140000CAD and $115000USD BTW i like that tesla s thingy

actually its $140000CAD and $115000USD BTW i like that tesla s thingy

Well soreee! It's such a nice car, I got to sit in one once.....

Well soreee! It's such a nice car, I got to sit in one once.....

cool, it sounds so good, like a gallardo