Tarfful

Car Talk

That's just leather stitched in a special way. It's just called diamond stiching or something like that.

Thats the name! Thanks!

I was looking at that Diamond stitching but it doesn't really fit the Nissan 350z right, I have thought about getting a Nissan 350z when I'm older after seeing it a few years ago for the first time, Its practically a Porsche style car for men. :grin:

I was going to get a Black Nissan 350z and get a better interior. So I found some good seat covers with a awesome red Dragon on a black background so I decided a name for the car, The Dragon. :laugh:

Dragon_Seat_Covers.jpg

So I was going to get some red accents for parts of the interior such as Dash kit, Gear Knob, arm rests e.t.c.

And I heard of Fiberglassing a Dashboard to match a nice Dash kit:

0904st_16_z%20custom_truck_interiors%20fiberglass_dash.jpg

But not that overkill.

So what colour would go well for the Dashboard? A full Piano Black dash or Red Dash? I don't know how much Red or black you should have to make the car still look good.

And yes, This is another one of my fantasy cars, I'm probably not going to get one. But theres a chance, Its quite an exclusive car around here.

For the first time in my EB life, I threw up on the keyboard looking at a picture :sick:

For the first time in my EB life, I threw up on the keyboard looking at a picture :sick:

Yep, Luckily that car is mass-produced!

If I were you, I wouldn't mess up a Nissan Z with wierd dashes. The seat covers are fine, but make sure not to go over the top on the dash. If you insist on doing the dash, I'd suggest to add some small carbon fibre inserts and that's all.

If I were you, I wouldn't mess up a Nissan Z with wierd dashes. The seat covers are fine, but make sure not to go over the top on the dash. If you insist on doing the dash, I'd suggest to add some small carbon fibre inserts and that's all.

Yeah, Its just the black plastic dash looked a bit plain if the Seats are Red and black and some other red bits. The Dash kit just fits the middle panel really. The rest of the car will be plainly black.

What about just plainly painting the dash rather than Fiberglassing it? Or is the Nissan just too awesome to be messed with?

You could paint the dash. Instead of painting the whole thing, you should just paint parts of it so it doesn't look too wacky.

You could paint the dash. Instead of painting the whole thing, you should just paint parts of it so it doesn't look too wacky.

What colour for the dash? Gloss Black or Red?

What colour for the dash? Gloss Black or Red?

Leave most of it black, but paint some trim pieces red.

What about inverted, More red but a shiny black dashboard:

SNF1906MX2_380_374931a.jpg

Not in a Nissan...

Right oh. Now is that because Nissans are too cool for it? Or to bad for it? :laugh:

Right oh. Now is that because Nissans are too cool for it? Or to bad for it? :laugh:

Because the pic you had of the red interior is specifically for British cars. It would look too out of place in a Nissan.

This would be the way to go if you are stuck on moddifing the dash.

Joey lock, you don't want to fiberglass the intire dash, as it would be more prone to cracking. Its really just for show cars as you can see from the pic you posted. Also, a gloss dash (regardless of color) would blind you as it would reflect everything from the sunlight, to glare on the windshield. You can put a dash mat while driving, but that kinda defets the purpose.

Also, please don't add those seat covers. Those are the kinds of things you'd see on some 90's honda civic with fuzzy dize on the mirror. Not on a 350Z.

Because the pic you had of the red interior is specifically for British cars. It would look too out of place in a Nissan.

Actually, if he's stuck on modding the dash, that would probbly be the best route. If done right, it can look really good. Expensive, but good.

This would be the way to go if you are stuck on moddifing the dash.

Joey lock, you don't want to fiberglass the intire dash, as it would be more prone to cracking. Its really just for show cars as you can see from the pic you posted. Also, a gloss dash (regardless of color) would blind you as it would reflect everything from the sunlight, to glare on the windshield. You can put a dash mat while driving, but that kinda defets the purpose.

Also, please don't add those seat covers. Those are the kinds of things you'd see on some 90's honda civic with fuzzy dize on the mirror. Not on a 350Z.

Actually, if he's stuck on modding the dash, that would probbly be the best route. If done right, it can look really good. Expensive, but good.

I now realise the Fiberglass Dash is stupid, I just can't tell whether the Nissan Dash is scratchy cheap or smooth solid material. Any of you guys been in one?

And are Nissans supposed to be posh or something? Like they shouldn't be disturbed? :laugh: Cause the interior is quite plain, I want it too look good not just go and sound good. The whole round experience. Thats why I thought of doing the British style interior. Because it has a nice mixture of Silver, Black and Red which looks perfect for a black sportscar.

So should Nissans have some specific Interior rules?

Instead of fiberglass dash, how about making a Lego dash?

Sweet!

I could use Tank treads to lay the the bricks on so it smooths over the dash:

dscf1521.jpg

:laugh:

You guys are really thinking outside the box, I'd love to see anyone actually attempt this.

I now realise the Fiberglass Dash is stupid, I just can't tell whether the Nissan Dash is scratchy cheap or smooth solid material. Any of you guys been in one?

I was in one yesterday. It was a vinyl dash, like fake leather so to speak. The interior is actually really nice.

I was in one yesterday. It was a vinyl dash, like fake leather so to speak. The interior is actually really nice.

Sounds nice. Its just that Black interiors in houses or cars don't do much for me. I looked on the 350z UK forums and they had a few links to Upholstery experts, Like what they did to this BMW in the "Modified" section..

Its the kind of thing I would love, But not that much overkill with red. They upholstered a Nissan 350z:

Work%20112.jpg

Work%20114.jpg

Hey guys not really a car guy but I just found this topic and was wondering if anyone has a Subaru forester or outback? I need to upgrade from my 98 Mercury sable to a decent family car (I have a 2 year old and one on the way). I like the look of them but want to know details: gas mileage, reliability,yadda,yadda,yadda

Thanks in advance