Sign in to follow this  
legotrainfan

BeLUG Pirate Layout

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 78a

I'm not very active in the pirate forum, so I hope this has not yet been posted. I found an amazing pirate layout on brickshelf. I'd love to have one like this, but the baseplates alone would cost a little fortune. Have a look at it:

1.jpg

Unfortunately, there are no close up pictures. It's in the folder of a member called patje. I found it coincidentally. It's in the train section of brickshelf.

Edit by SlyOwl: BeLUG display. There's a lot of photos in this folder, but here are some tasters :pir-wink:

img_0081.jpg

img_0084.jpg

img_0082.jpg

img_0125.jpg

img_0126.jpg

img_0108.jpg

img_0051.jpg

img_0072.jpg

Matn's photos

Petertje's photos

Thanks for sharing this Legotrainfan! This is a huge masterpiece!

For so far I know I haven't seen it here before, but I can make mistakes. :pir-tongue:

I love all that ships in there, the coastal buildings look great too, especially the large building at the back looks great from here.

I also think this collection costs a pretty sum of money, but I also see a large team behind the table who has worked together making this MOC.

Thanks for pointing this out Legotrainfan! :thumbup:

Well, that is the pirate layout that could be seen on the Brick Mania event in Wetteren last weekend. It was also there that the Grand Carousel could be seen. It's a layout made by the members of BeLUG, including me. Maybe you can recognize my Shipwreck Island. My pictures are from Saturday, the above one is from Sunday. Some more pictures:

img_2710.jpg

img_2712.jpg

img_2715.jpg

More at our Brickshelfpages:

Me: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=384437

Patje: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=384795

Petertjelego: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=384834

I was about to post our layout myself, actually. ;)

Edited by Matn

Oh, great. I do lots of detective work myself, and Matn goes and spoils my triumph! :pir-grin:

Seriously though, it's a really fantastic layout - with a lot of blue boards! Lots of ships always make these things spectacular.

Was it done by one person, or a collaboration?

As said, it was a layout put together by the members of BeLUG. So yes, it was a collaboration. For instance, my shipwreck island lies near the front of the pirate ghost boat. It was really nice to see the result, all our creations together made a great layout.

Holy Jebus! This is huge and awesome! Its too bad we are all over the world, I think we could make something bigger and better than this!

-Super

I've spotted your Shipwreck Island!! :pir_laugh2:

The creation on picture 7 of Legotrainfan's post is a WIP I have seen before here. He made a video about it.

Holy Jebus! This is huge and awesome! Its too bad we are all over the world, I think we could make something bigger and better than this!

-Super

Stunning! I really like the outside of that main fort (not so much the inside with all the weird arches and it looks too tall from inside) but that outside view is very pleasing.

Super - your thought above sent a chill down my spin. It immediately envolks the famous line from Jaws "we're going to need a bigger boat".....we would need a much bigger space! The people on here with all their talent, armies, ships, bricks...I think would far eclipse this layout.

that's a very big layout, the big fort is just awesome, I love it , but I think the sea is going to be to small to fit all the ship! ^^

I've spotted your Shipwreck Island!! :pir_laugh2:

The creation on picture 7 of Legotrainfan's post is a WIP I have seen before here. He made a video about it.

Indeed Cap'n Blackmoor, I'm busy making that one. :pir-cry_happy:

I hope to finish this by august, but right now I have some serious lack of time.. :pir-sceptic:

I participated in this layout and event aswell :pir-laugh: (2nd from left on the front picture :pir-wink: )

I also have some pictures, I'll try to upload them as soon as possible.

The pirate layout turned out great, as it was organised in a very short notice.

TT

:pir-oh:DO YOU GUYS REALIZE HOW MUCH THAT MUST BE WORTH...........At least a small fortune. That is a lot of pirates and castle. I WANT IT ALL :pir_bawling:

Edit by SlyOwl: BeLUG display. There's a lot of photos in this folder, but here are some tasters :pir-wink:

Ooops! There were really some more pics in that folder! I just forgot to click on "next" at the bottom of the page! Anyway, thanks for making my post perfect, SlyOwl!

Stunning! I really like the outside of that main fort (not so much the inside with all the weird arches and it looks too tall from inside) but that outside view is very pleasing.

Super - your thought above sent a chill down my spin. It immediately envolks the famous line from Jaws "we're going to need a bigger boat".....we would need a much bigger space! The people on here with all their talent, armies, ships, bricks...I think would far eclipse this layout.

You know, I hate red coats... but I think I can tolerate you! :pir-tongue:

Wouldnt it be awesome if we could? Especially if we were all assigned something to build for the project and then brought it together with our ships, armies, and such?

It truly would be an amazing sight!

The Belug club did this for the first time.Those members are on the main foto.

The plates are expensive so we made a call in the club,we have more so next time the lay out will be bigger. :pir-classic:

In general the lay out is made bye five members;

The fortress ,La Luna, with those arches,I can build inside also a wall and then you see nothing from the upper levels,is mine. :pir-blush:

The red coats on the left with Armada ship and Imperial ship,

The Islanders left with their small boats,

The islanders in front,

The red coats on the right.

And then we have the own creations to fill the lay out plus some ships.

You can find foto's and TV. on http://www.belug.be/portal/index.php?optio...cat&catid=4

Click on the links you find there.

Also some shots on http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=353750

Shots on lay out are taken bye a free lance journalist.

In total is it a succes for the club that we can work together and that someone made some time to drawn the lay out home.Thanks Tom.(and Peter)

For a small club we made a plaesant lay out for the kids.Dont forget those little ones ! They are the future ! I'm a big guy building for those.

I can put also my army together to impress you all but I don't. :pir-tongue:

Have fun !!

Well Hornblower. You did an amazing job and from your description you seem to have a very large pirate themed collection. It surprises me that you are new to this forum but I hope you continue on here.

There's some pretty cool stuff there.. and some of it is freakin' awesome!! What a collection of pirate-LEGO. I'ld love to have all that, though I'm not sure where to store it.

Super nice find!.. Thank you for sharing :pir-sweet:

Wooooooooaaahhh! Check that soldiers fort and how detailed it is. 36 cannons on only one side ;) Amazing presentation. The only thing that I dont like is that it has too many ships, I would take out that skeleton ship, but thats my personal preference. Overall, this truly is a masterpiece.