Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

Comic Strip - The Astounding Pizza-Man!

Here's a brand new LEGO comic strip I made in a 24-hour frenzy yesterday. You can download all 24 pages in .PDF format from here. I hope you enjoy it, I had great fun making it.

Pizza_Man_Issue_1.jpg

Dr. S.

Wow, that's a nice comic, did you really make it in only 24 hours???

Saladator got his megablocks kicked very hard by Tabletown's hero Pizzaman!

Wow, that's a nice comic, did you really make it in only 24 hours???

Saladator got his megablocks kicked very hard by Tabletown's hero Pizzaman!

Yeah, I started on Sunday and did 6 pages, went to bed for 6 hours and made the rest yesterday. Great fun.

Dr. S.

I love it Dr. S! Very funny comic and I'm a big fan of your TableTown, and Grunts!

Cheers for posting this!

~A.S.

Wonderful and funny job! :wink: And if you really did it in only 24 hours: BRAVO! :thumbup:

The radioactive Mozzarella cheese coursing through my veins renders me immune Best sentence! :laugh:

Hey, it's great to see somebody else tackle the Lego superhero comic genre!

I can't believe you put that all together in 24 hours. It sometimes takes me TWO MONTHS to put together 7 or 8 pages for my comic. I am a very lazy man ...

Hey, it's great to see somebody else tackle the Lego superhero comic genre!

I can't believe you put that all together in 24 hours. It sometimes takes me TWO MONTHS to put together 7 or 8 pages for my comic. I am a very lazy man ...

Thanks for your comments. How did I do?

I used my experiences with Grunts and an earlier comic strip I still run occasionally (Strange Things in Tabletown) to really go to town on the layout of this one - it's my "magnum opus"! Some pages have up to 60 separate elements/layers making them up.

I was literally writing this thing as I went along, I had no plan, no notes, no nothing, real seat of the pants stuff. I was also releasing pages on Flickr as I made them so I couldn't go back and correct any mistakes in the plot, it kept me on my toes!

General note - if you want the pages individually and in greater detail, you can get them here:

http://www.tabletownonline.com/pizza-man.php

Dr. S.

In one of the boxes, where you deploy the town's military forces, I believe there is a big tank there? It certainly isn't one of your earlier tanks, so could I see some pictures, as its beautiful! :wub:

I loved it, as I said before.

~A.S.

In one of the boxes, where you deploy the town's military forces, I believe there is a big tank there? It certainly isn't one of your earlier tanks, so could I see some pictures, as its beautiful! :wub:

I loved it, as I said before.

~A.S.

That's the Vindicator Super-Heavy Self-Propelled Artillery unit. It's a double-barreled tank, basically.

Every single one of my MOCs is on the Tabletown website:

http://www.tabletown.co.uk

Dr. S.

Edited by Doctor Sinister

This is a great comic books, especially for only 24 hours of work. I like how you used the exo-force head for Saladator it's probably the best use I have seen for this head (I don't like them very much).

Brilliant...Very funny. I am already looking forward to his future adventures. Sweating olive oil as a super power...That's genius!

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

Wait, didn't I sign a warrant for your arrest?

:laugh: That was hilarious! I only hope that this isn't a one-shot comic like you previously stated.

Wow! 24 pages in 24 hours (minus sleep)? That's over one page per hour. :look:

I can't read this right now, but I will tomorrow. It seems like a great story/comic. :laugh: