L-space

Ankh-Morpork City Watch

indexed.gif

After showing the WIP some time ago, it took me a long time in tiny bits to complete the building to my satisfaction but here it is:

00_city_watch.jpg

It is build in the tradional City style, meaning no back walls.

09_city_watch.jpg

But it is constructed modular and splits into 4 parts.

10_city_watch.jpg

Here we see the entrance guarded by two very solid oakdoors. You never know who you want to keep out!

Inside we see corporal Nobby Nobbs at the counter waiting for some citizen to be robbed who has been robbed.

13_city_watch.jpg

Here is some pore sod in the slammer. The rich can buy their way out.

18_city_watch.jpg

Captain Vimes enjoying the view from his balcony.

22_city_watch.jpg

In the basement we find the residential Igor, known to lend an extra hand when neccesary. They act as the instant medic and are very good at fixing people up. When they acknowledge they have their fathers eyes they mean it! Incase he forgets something the example is in the corner.

20_city_watch.jpg

At the door is sergeant Fred Colon, just waiting for nothing to happen at all.

19_city_watch.jpg

And finally we have Private Carrot and Cpl Nobbs at the gate.

There's more on Brickshelf.

Enjoy

I love Terry Pratchet. This looks like a fun set to play with, too.

I really like it! I love Discworld, and you've done a fantastic job with the build! Really nothing bad about it, though I want to see w wierder looking Nobbs. Captain Vimes looks great!

I've read plenty of Discworld books as well, and you've captured the spirit of the books greatly in this MOC! All the characters look their part, and the building is just the right style.

Great job, and please do more! :grin: Maybe the Unseen University with the wizards?

I really like it! I love Discworld, and you've done a fantastic job with the build! Really nothing bad about it, though I want to see w wierder looking Nobbs. Captain Vimes looks great!

Thanks for the compliment.

Corporal Nobbs is usely just being a smartass and I think the grin goes well with that. However this face does look rather young. But I'm open for suggestions.

I've read plenty of Discworld books as well, and you've captured the spirit of the books greatly in this MOC! All the characters look their part, and the building is just the right style.

Great job, and please do more! :grin: Maybe the Unseen University with the wizards?

Thanks.

And you've read my mind. I am working on the Unseen University!

However it is a BIG build and it will be done over a long period of time. The first building is finished and photographed. It is just awaitig photoshop.

Thanks for posting this L-Space, and I'm glad to see more of your brilliant Discworld MOCs.

Well done! :thumbup:

~A.S.

very cool , that's a very nice moc, I love the upper part of the tower!

Great work!

I saw the building on MocPages when it was uninhabited yet, and now it looks really cool!!!

But one question: is it an old or a new Guards building? The things that confuse me are Igor (who appeares quite late in the series), and Carrot (I liked his "krismatic" friendly smile :grin: ), who is Private, as in the Guards! Guards!

Edited by General

Wow thats a pretty awesome creation. It really appeals to me, great details all over the place.

I would just prefer 4 walls and black roof :classic::thumbup:

Great work!

I saw the building on MocPages when it was uninhabited yet, and now it looks really cool!!!

But one question: is it an old or a new Guards building? The things that confuse me are Igor (who appeares quite late in the series), and Carrot (I liked his "krismatic" friendly smile :grin: ), who is Private, as in the Guards! Guards!

A connaisseur. :thumbup:

It is actualy a mix of old and new. This could have been one of the early Watch buildings. But as you said the Igors didn't show up untill Nightwatch I think. carrot did enter the series in Guards! Guards! However I just like it as a base for the watchmen and since Discworld is full of raw magic someone might have taken a wrong turn. :laugh:

Wow thats a pretty awesome creation. It really appeals to me, great details all over the place.

I would just prefer 4 walls and black roof :classic::thumbup:

Like I said this is build in the classic style of "no backwalls". My next creation will have four walls again.

A lot of different color in this MOC, but very rarely do they go so well together. Good Job!

Thanks for the compliment, it sort of worked out by itself. The front really acts as "the front" this way. A common technic in the old days when pretty building materials were expensive and DIY wasn't fashionable yet. :grin:

Gorgeous building! It looks right for the city. Your characters are very recognisable, nice!

The Unseen University... Now there's a challenge. Reckon you'll be done in time for the release of Unseen Academicals? How much of the many parts do you intend to include (library, Archchancellor's study, etc)?

Gorgeous building! It looks right for the city. Your characters are very recognisable, nice!

The Unseen University... Now there's a challenge. Reckon you'll be done in time for the release of Unseen Academicals? How much of the many parts do you intend to include (library, Archchancellor's study, etc)?

Thanks for the compliment.

I am planning on making the entire university over the next year or so. It is more of an effort then I thought at first. :grin:

Good afternoon!

This is so much discworldish! I am a huge fan of the books an your MOC brings them to life - especially your comments! Great poetic work! What I like best: Harry Potter in the prison! I guess it was a big surprise for him not to arrive in Hogwarts... :tongue:

Very very nice. I love your Igor and Nobby minigures. I think I'll read the City Watch series again as soon as I finish my current book.

Cpl Nobby looks too human. He's disqualified, remember? If you find a head with a mad glee or otherwise a bit more.. mad, I'd chose that instead. But very nice all of your MOC's. Brings back mlots of memories :)