Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

PHOTO REVIEW: 7903 Rescue Helicopter

I didn't mean to contradict or disagree, I just found those two helicopters and liked 'em ;)

No problem.

Yes, 386 is a fantastic looking set. Asthetically, its about as good as it gets. I'm not that impressed by 691 as its design is a tad too clunky for my tastes. It wasn't my intention to challenge the quality of either of these sets. I was merely defending my position that 7903 is a decent set. Perhaps its me, but I felt your use of quotation marks implied a hint of sarcasm. If I'm incorrect in this assumption, I do appologize. Still, I maintain that 7903 is a good set.

As to my personal tastes, I have a preference for sets released between 1977 (first year of the modern minifig) and 1993. Still, I appreciate some of today's sets for their wider assortment of unique bricks, so long as they serve multiple purposes. I feel that this set incorporates many of the play features that originally attracted me to LEGO as a child. I suppose I'll leave it at that.

Later.

Tks for the great review Jay  ;)

I really like this set !!!

I wonder if the grey 1x16 bricks are a common mistake: any insights from persons who have this set would be apprecated !!!

I really like all the cool details TLC are adding to their sets  :oD . I reaklly love the joystick technique (I thought it was way cool when I was building my promo yellow/brown biplane).

The shape is really awsome !!! Cannot wait to have it in my collection !!!

My only grip are the MFs. The construction worker at sea is just a mystery (maybe we'll have an oil rig set in Q4 !!  :D ) + the two rescuers are too similar to the world city copter (the yellow one with floating devices) !!! But that is only minor !!!!

Jay I have one query if you have the World city rescue copter: could you do a pic with the 2 copters side by side to have an idea of scale ? That could be really interesting !!! Many tks  ;)

I just recieved mine and YES the 2 x light gray bricks seem to be a common mistake. I'm gonna phone TLC and have a pair in white - it's white in the instruction and on the box. Furthermore I hate those stickers - It would have been cool to have a tail with medic markings printed on *sick* The chopter itself is quite cool - tho I have trouble fitting both the stretcher and medic inside [as noted earlier in this thread]. It's definately a good buy. No I just need the rescue chopter [yellow one]. Man 2006 is gonna be expensive :oD

EDIT: And why are we given an electric saw on the side of the hatch - are we going to saw the people in need or their sunken boats??? Stupid - just like the hospital :|

KimT

I'll give it 7/10 - wrong bricks and stickers and stupid construction worker >:(

TADAAAA - drum roll - I've fixed the issue of the flying medic. I've succeded in putting him in the cargo bay area with the wounded construction worker - now he's "working" the wounded while in transit:

right3.jpg

KimT

NB: How does the pilot steer? He can't reach the stick *wacko*

cockpit3.jpg

Tks for the great review Jay ;)

I really like this set !!!

I wonder if the grey 1x16 bricks are a common mistake: any insights from persons who have this set would be apprecated !!!

I really like all the cool details TLC are adding to their sets :oD . I reaklly love the joystick technique (I thought it was way cool when I was building my promo yellow/brown biplane).

The shape is really awsome !!! Cannot wait to have it in my collection !!!

My only grip are the MFs. The construction worker at sea is just a mystery (maybe we'll have an oil rig set in Q4 !! :D ) + the two rescuers are too similar to the world city copter (the yellow one with floating devices) !!! But that is only minor !!!!

Jay I have one query if you have the World city rescue copter: could you do a pic with the 2 copters side by side to have an idea of scale ? That could be really interesting !!! Many tks ;)

Here's a pic of both

heliseurobricks.jpg

There's more in my Brickshelf folder when public

KimT

Got the set today.. Removed whats in the red circels, plus made an computer room behind the pilot..

Its just alittle adjustment

Looks now like an Red/white Lego version of Airwolf :)

post-9-1136843757.jpg

Got the set today.. Removed whats in the red circels, plus made an computer room behind the pilot..

Its just alittle adjustment

Looks now like an Red/white Lego version of Airwolf :)

ok... well i hope you removed the stretcher as well :P

so if you've removed the landing gear, how is your airwolf going to land? *wacko*

The six stud plank is still there, with tanks..... and a 2 stud in the front...

i like it better now, now it looks like a copter in flight without the wheels danling underneath...

And yes im stilling missing to do a gun system... but hey it still have rescue symbols on :)

Alrighty then :-D Bring on this Airwolf *wub*

Wasn't Airwolf blue BTW?

KimT

Alrighty then :-D  Bring on this Airwolf *wub*

Wasn't Airwolf blue BTW?

KimT

It was black and white Kim ;)

airwolf-09.jpg

*yoda*

Now that is clearly BLUE :P

KimT

got the set the other day..AMAZING lego design..very good!!!but now all my other helicopters look like dwarfs!

they are nothing compared to this one...lego is getting bigger-size wise-

why are they growing so big so suddenly? i just wish the buildings were so big and not like the new hospital that dosent have enough room...

anyhow...great set!!! and a very nice review i might say!

:-) phoinix

got the set the other day..AMAZING lego design..very good!!!but now all my other helicopters look like dwarfs!

they are nothing compared to this one...lego is getting bigger-size wise-

why are they growing so big so suddenly? i just wish the buildings were so big and not like the new hospital that dosent have enough room...

Must be to do with:

move of vans to 6 stud wide, (e.g ambulance etc) make helicopters look out of scale.

More in scale with mini figs.

Competition, keep them on their toes if they are still churning out clones of old stuff.

I think people were pleased with the overall effect of increased size, compare starwars spacecraft sizes to classic space craft sizes.

If its bigger, you can sell it for more & people don't feel ripped off. (Think how much small lego sets used to cost relative to other toys) so if you make it a bit bigger, you can charge more. Obviously I don't know how much they cost to produce, but you do seem to pay 'per minifig' in the smaller sets.

Jof

i agree that the new size of things looks very good and in better scale with figs but lego isnt suposed to be a model of the world but a representation of things so everything dosent have to be the right size...think of a lego mug or a glass compared to the minifig..its huge!! but it looks ok because its in our imagination...

just imagine!!!not just build to the right scale...

Wow, i bought this set last night at TRU with thier B2G1F sale and i had my doubts on it...well let me tell u, it suprised me.

The good:

- Great size, feel and swooshability

- Above average parts usage

- Nice hatch area for the stretcher to be stored

- Winch has a solid mount and feels sturdy

The bad:

- Only one real bad point for me, the blades on the propeller. these seem bulky, will be replaced ASAP

i just cant get over how great this set feels and looks. i cant wait to get home to set it on display, this also give me modivation to re-build the helicopter from the town set that has the police van. while in no way does this come close to the ResQue helicopter of a few yrs ago (which i also own) but this will make a perfect life flight style copter.

sorry, no pics. if wanted i could provide them with captions (batteries are dead, hence no pics >:-( )

Since you didn't provide a full review I added your post to the existing review.

haha, i was wondering what happened to my thread. i went back to edit it to add more and it was gone 8-

I wanted too do this review! :'-)

Anyway, on the stretcher issue, the Heli is like this:

Front: Middle:

And the Rear capsule/ equitmeant storage

_ k _______ k _____

/ k l l k l_____l

l k l l

l___ k l______l

The Pilot goes in the front ( Duh *yoda* ). The Patient will be in the Rear capsule / equintmeant storage thing, and the rescuer in the middle, unless it's an emergency like Mouth-to-Mouth, where he'd be on floor without the stretcher is my Guess. *sweet* *sweet* *sweet* *sweet* *sweet* X-D ;-) :-) :-D :'-)

Edit: My picture got a little wierd, but try too piece it out.