Sign in to follow this  
DNL

The Siege of Hrothingas Castle

Amazing technics all around !

More than the castle (it's already said : it's outstanding !), the maihem of the battle is really well rendered !

I really like your weapons : catapult and mangonel !

Very well built, you really deserve your MOC expert title !

Holy Crap! And I thought it couldn't get any better! :cry_happy: I love the crownies, so I almost want them to win, except I don't want that beautiful castle to be destroyed. :wub:

looks very nice. Waiting for more pics on Brickshelf. :classic:

This is so incredebly nice! :wub:

Catapults, ballistas... Every piece of siege equipment is there! It's very detailed too! The fight scenes look good, with the boiling oil and cruel things like that... :thumbup: The burning pallissade looks great too.

But I'm still wondering what the black structure at the front is...

And some damage on the castle walls would be nice!

Good luck on the contest, although it's already obvious who the winner is...

I was having a hard time visualizing how you could do better than you've already done. So the siege shouldn't have been the surprise to me it has proven to be.

Wow. I'm was really impressed by your post where the tower was being built, and I admit that I should have expected a siege *this* good. It's breathtaking.

The black burned bit facing the castle from the siege line (a siege tower burned to the ground?) is particularly impressive. I have to wonder if the fire on the tower roof will win out and how far it will spread, or if the barrels of water will put it out.

I want to see the day after this siege (but realize I probably won't). I am looking forward with high expectations to the next (modern?) stage. I'm somehow wondering if you're going to include tourists buying ice cream cones at the gate.

Wonderful work.

tc

What a great scene. The photos are really nice you got some cool perspectives. I like the one of the two armies clashing in no man's land and the soldiers head and helmet flying off in the background. The castle fire is great but the bucket of water was inspired. The whole thing really seems like all those crazy little casle minifigures came to life and attacked each other. I do want to know how that little group with the ladders managed to get themselves and their seige gear across the river and past the withering fire. Awsome MOC!

Great work DNL! I kind of wish you had added some more changes to the castle, such wooden hoardings along the walls, but that's probably only because I've already seen it this way.

The besieger's encampment is very well done, particularly their wooden defenses, but also the siege weapons and the burnt building. The explosion is very cool as well.

That's amazing! Please, never destroy it. It's sad every time you evolve this castle, as I know you probably have to get rid of the old one. The giant crossbow is great, as well as the huge fire and small bucket of water.

And I am inspired! I am going to go rip you're ladder idea off! :tongue:

Great work DNL! Oh and who made the ladder idea first? I have used in a couple of Mocs and would like to give the inventor credit.

CastleLord.

Incredibly good looking and realistical siege!

And the castle itself is amazing.

A big fat :thumbup: from me.

Thanks everyone!

Great work DNL! Oh and who made the ladder idea first? I have used in a couple of Mocs and would like to give the inventor credit.

CastleLord.

I have no idea who used that first, but i'm definitely not the first person to make ladders that way.

That's amazing! Please, never destroy it. It's sad every time you evolve this castle, as I know you probably have to get rid of the old one. The giant crossbow is great, as well as the huge fire and small bucket of water.

And I am inspired! I am going to go rip you're ladder idea off! default_tong.gif

I'll have to destroy it, because i used almost all my bricks to make it. otherwise i can't build anything new, and usually my newer MOCs are better than the ones i built before them.

Great work DNL! I kind of wish you had added some more changes to the castle, such wooden hoardings along the walls, but that's probably only because I've already seen it this way.

There would probably not be any hoardings on a castle like this because the machicolations have the same function as hoardings.

The black burned bit facing the castle from the siege line (a siege tower burned to the ground?) is particularly impressive. I have to wonder if the fire on the tower roof will win out and how far it will spread, or if the barrels of water will put it out

It is a burned building.

A very good castle I must say. I really like those giant cross bows that the attackers are using, and the little wall that they are hiding behind are awesome as well :thumbup: A job well done.