Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Chapel Rock

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 77d

Ive finaly finished my latest port. There are a lot of great ship building talents on here and a lot of ships, so i figured i'd keep doing what i do best, building ports. This will be part of my coastal layout im working on, it took me nearly four weeks due to the use of over 2000 round 1x1's. Enjoy.

1243154212m_DISPLAY.jpg

12431554741_DISPLAY.jpg

12431546052_DISPLAY.jpg

12431547751_DISPLAY.jpg

For more pics visit my Moc Pages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/121763

To me, this is a top-of-the-range MOC. It's well built throughout, contains new techniques (e.g. door awnings), and conveys a nice atmosphere :thumbup:

While I normally would advocate studlessness, I like the studs-up approach here :pir-wub:

And naturally those buildings are superb - and big enough; I always build mine far too small.

W-O-W :pir-cry_happy: This is simply beautiful and highly detailed MOC. Just one word: BRAVO! :thumbup:

Edited by BlueBard

I love how you made it look so detailed with all of the 1x1s, and all the fun little details. I could look at this for a long time, just trying to find all of the cool things you put in.

One of the best ports I've seen in a long time. Love how you did the plants on the west side, really looks alive! :thumbup:

Wow. All I can really say is, Thanks. Thanks for sharing this. You've really made my day! :pir-blush:

Love the chapel! And everything else! Amazing job :pir-sweet:

I told you the round 1x1 plates were a good idea! It looks very realistic now with the cobbled roads. :thumbup:

The cliff is great, with the path on it and all the foliage, it looks great! :pir-wub: The buildings are each a masterpiece on it's own, you've made them with the nice Market Village technique and style. Those kind of buidings are most beautiful.

The docks are nicely done with the stones!

I'm wondering if it would be nicer to make waves in the water like you did before.

I have agree with others. It`s simply beautiful port :pir-classic:

Large, interesting with lot of details.

Very, very good work.

Very nice MOC Mister Derfel Cardarn!

I love the way you have done the wall technique. Very well done.

I have covered this MOC on the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage. :pir-wink:

Just an amazing all round work Derfel!

The buildings look great, not too big but just right. The mountain is also well crafted with an array of detail rewarding the eyes. I will spend a long time looking over this.

Cheers

Beautiful! People like you should be designing Lego sets. I'm impressed with the number of new techniques you have included more than anything else, Great Job :pir-classic:

that's huge and superb, great job ! I love house on the hills, on the left, amazing work!

Looks so good! With an Admiral/Governor being faren towards the soldiers that are awaiting him.

A very big :thumbup: from me!

W-O-W :pir-cry_happy: This is simply beautiful and highly detailed MOC. Just one word: BRAVO! :thumbup:

VERY WELL PUT BlueBard, VERY WELL PUT!!

Truly Amazing..

1. The curved wall around the chapel on the hill is great

2. that's a lot of 1x1 rounds!

3. The detail on the buildings is very good (reminds me of the Medieval marketplace with pirate colors)

Great Work!

I have really enjoyed your prior works but this one incorporated all your best elements from the past. AWSOME!!!!! One of the best ports ever.

I would really like to know more about how you construct your mountain from the inside out. I had printed out pictures of some of your older buildings last week to use as inspiration on a project I had planned. I'll be going back again and again but I would love to hear more about the mountain and maybe even see some pictures of its insides, etc. :thumbup::thumbup::grin:

Thanks for all the great comments, glad you liked it. Theres a lot of great ports that people are building on here and i look forward to seeing some of those huge projects finished. I must confess that im tempted to embark on a realy big project, but not yet as theres a few things i have planned first. Thanks to the classic pirate staff for allowing me to share my mocs on this great site, keep it going :pir-classic: