Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOTEE 6D

Alright, we'll hang about here for five. That poster might have some clues for your train-party's mystery, Mark.

*Finds a crate and sits on it, thinking of my old truck*

I won't destroy the gun, as this country has a right to bear arms (thank god I live in Australia!). I will hold on to it until the whole George thingg is settled. And I think we should take a quick peak outside on both sides, although I'm in no state to get hurt again, so by 'we', I mean you guys. :classic:

Fair enough, but keep it away from Eleanor :look:

I agree (:laugh:) that we should take a look out on both balconies.

Maybe after Mark here has finished?

I need a nap...

Zzzzzz... :sadnew:

I need a nap...

Zzzzzz... :sadnew:

Not a terrible idea for a quick kip. *Goes over to the corner andsits down AWAY from any possible thread to safety and falls asleep to regain what life points he can.*

Wow, what the hell! Thank god Eleanor doesn't have the gun! :hmpf: Just because some mentally unstable man says something, you try to shoot me? :hmpf_bad: *Goes over to Max* Hey man, are you ok? I didn't do this, but you don't have to believe me. I guess I'm going to the county jail...... :cry_sad:

Maybe after Mark here has finished?

To help things go a bit faster, why don't you go check out the balconies while I'm looking at this poster? That way we can move on a bit faster and might have a chance of getting out of this town sooner rather than later. :classic:

By the way, does anyone know what time it is?

Eleanor is ready to leave the station to see Lorraine's "Big Rig", but Mark insists, "just wait a minute..."

Mark begins peeling off the train poster from the wall. Surprisingly, he discovers a small map with a train route. The map is difficult to read, but Max quickly looks at it and helps explain:

The train route is not connected to that of the main line where the Emerald Express passes by the town. This map appears to have a few switch tracks that branch to different lines throughout the town of Willoughby and surrounding area. The map also connects what appears to be a train engine shed to some sort of crossing (marked with an "X"). Unfortunately, the map is ripped where there are two lines that run out of town, both toward the south.

You wonder what to make of this interesting map???

Lorraine goes outside to look around the balcony. As she sees the Emerald Express in the distance, she finds a small set of binoculars. There is nothing more of interest on the balcony.

Max and Eleanor discuss what to do with her gun. He tells her that if she promises to only use the gun for self defense, he will return it to her. She also realizes that she does not have additional ammunition for the gun, with just four bullets remaining.

The group discuss what they would like to do next...

The train route is not connected to that of the main line where the Emerald Express passes by the town. This map appears to have a few switch tracks that branch to different lines throughout the town of Willoughby and surrounding area. The map also connects what appears to be a train engine shed to some sort of crossing (marked with an "X"). Unfortunately, the map is ripped where there are two lines that run out of town, both toward the south.

I knew there was something behind the poster! :sweet: According to this map, the mainline is a separate track to the town system, unless they connect up somewhere to the south. Which direction does the mainline run? If there is no connection then there goes the possibility of finding another train somewhere in the town to pull the carriages. Also, is this station on the mainline or on one of the tracks in the internal network?

I wonder where those two tracks to the south lead? By the looks of things, out of town. Does the map show what the terrain is like round those two tracks, and whether it might be possible to drive down them? I think they may need further investigation; they appear to be a way out for a start. To bad the map is torn, because there is a chance it could just be a loop track. Also, I wonder why the crossing is marked? Perhaps we should investigate that too.

What do the rest of you make of this? I would suggest we all go get in Lorraine's truck and take a drive to one of these places.

While we discuss this, I would like to quickly look at the Emerald Express through the binoculars, and also do a quick sweep of the surrounding country for any landmarks/points of interest.

My vote goes to taking a drive in the truck to see if the mainline and town line connect, just in case we find another loco somewhere. Although, why would a town as small as this have its own suburban rail network?

Mhm, well, nothing of interest on those balconies...

Are we all ready to take my truck now? Good.

I'm not sure about suburban rail network Max, but it'd be great if Willoughby had one!

I doubt there'll be another loco... unless its a BNSF :laugh:

C'mon, let's get going.

Let me take a look at that map...

Hmm, "X" marks the spot, right? So maybe we should head to the crossing shown here.

And let's be sure to bring that map with us.

Personally I think we should visit both places, so let's go get in Lorraine's truck and go to whichever one is closest.

After scanning the surrounding area, I'll pocket the binoculars and we can head off, I should think. :classic:

Yeah, we should go in the truck and drive toward the X or whichever one is closest. Do you guys want some chili dogs or just some regular hot dogs? They're really good and I bet everyone's hungry.......but since none of you trust me its ok.....lets just find out where this map leads to too.

Eleanor has a hunch that the group should go to the train crossing marked with an "X" on the map.

Others consider whether or not the main line with the Emerald connects with the town line. By all indication on the map, the two lines don't seem to connect. There is one line leading out of town to the south that splits where the map is ripped.

Mark takes a peek through the binoculars looking toward the Emerald Express and surrounding areas. There's not much to see aside from the town, and the forest and mountains that surround the town. He realizes just how remote Willoughby is nestled between the steep mountains, then tucks the binoculars into his pocket.

While the group tries to figure out which is closer, Lorraine's "Big Rig" or the train crossing, Lorraine interrups.

avlorraine.jpg

My big rig is just behind the station... come on, I'll show you.

The group leaves the station to check out Lorrain'e Big Rig. It's a large 10-wheeler with a separate trailer. An ornate billboard is prominently displayed on the side of the truck, obviously the work of a nice graphic designer. Lorraine begins filling the truck's fuel tank with the two small gas cans she put down before entering the station. She then points out that the gas isn't much, but should get them to the crossing. Interestingly, she does notice something on the ground near the right rear tire. It's a small switchblade knife. Interesting, you think...

18.jpg

Huh, yet another knife? Is there some cutlery-seller following us and dropping his wares wherever he goes? :tongue:

Anyway, I suggest we don't start the car until we check it for any possible sabotage, such as broken tires or cut cables. Who knows, maybe the evil mayor has put a bomb into the car or something. :oh:

Sorry, after the meat cleaver incident, I want to be extra-careful.

I'll continue to travel with you guys, but only if I don't have to sit next to Killin' Geroge. And the fact that you only say I'm insane and never try to prove me wrong is so very sad Geroge. It just incrimnates you more. You have no proof that you didn't do it, or that someone else did.

I think we should turn him in, or I may have to summon an Ent to carry me out of town. And no one wants that. Except me.

I am going to go pick up that knife, making sure that their aren't any trip-wires attached to it first. I will approach from the right side of the truck, not the back, and will pull it out from behind the tyre only if it looks safe. I'd then like to inspect it to see if there are any unusual markings on it. Lastly, I think we should check all the tires and the fuel tank, as well as the brakes and things. I don't much want to travel in a tampered truck. :grin:

Lorraine, when did you last drive this?

*yawns*

Well, you guys check the truck, after my injury, I'm very tired and as we haven't slept even as day breaks now, I can barely keep my eyelids open. So wake me when the truck is deeped safe. *Goes to lie on the train station platform and falls asleep*

Eleanor and Mark begin inspecting the truck very closely. Mark notices some knife markings next to the right rear tire where the knife was found. It looks as if someone may have attempted to cut the tire, but never completed the job. The tire is not flat, but you're not sure if the cut has caused more serious damage. Mark picks up the knife carefully placing it in his shirt pocket. For those of you who inspected the knife found on the Emerald Express, it does appear to be a different knife, this one a switch blade.

Further inspection of the large truck doesn't show any "trip wires" or "booby traps", but one can never be too sure. The truck's two large gas tanks seem okay.

Lorraine, when did you last drive this?

avlorraine.jpg

Well, since the gas shortage, perhaps last year. I don't remember but it has been a long time.

Ummmm, I'm not getting in that truck. The last time Lorraine drove the truck was last year and the wheels have knife markings on them..... :sceptic: Not a very safe idea and I don't want to lose any life points.....

Ummmm, I'm not getting in that truck. The last time Lorraine drove the truck was last year and the wheels have knife markings on them..... :sceptic: Not a very safe idea and I don't want to lose any life points.....

Don't be a wuss! As far as we know, it could've been you that has caused these markings.

I'm sure that if there was some permanent damage done to the truck, we would've seen it upon our inspection.

But just to be safe, why don't you start up the truck, Lorraine, while the rest of us stand at a safe distance away to observe. :tongue:

Lorraine inserts her key (that she had hidden under the floor mat) and attempts to start the engine...

Chkkkk! Chkkkk! Chkkkk! Chkkkk! Chkkkk! Vrrrrmmmm! Vrrrrrmmmm! Vrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm!

With thick black smoke bellowing from the truck's exaust pipes, her "Big Rig" starts... There is space in the cab for Lorraine and one other person. The trailers sections (one connected to the cab, the other attached by hitch) hold about six people each. Each section has a door that opens to the side and may be locked from the outside.

20.jpg "Time for some 10-wheel'n"! Lorraine yells.

Okay. I know none of the train people tried to kill Max, and I didn't. So I'd like to sit with Hellanor, and not with Kill'in George. Is that okay? Please? If that's not okay, I'll reshape your tires with my mind and make them square.