Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 5

Dear me, I didn't think I was in the bathroom that long. What's going on here? We're splitting into groups? Right then, let me see, I think I will go with Group 3 if there is still room, this farm sounds interesting. :sweet:

In this time and place, we need to band together and be strong. This is an adventure the likes we have never seen before, unless you play D&D like Herman and I. Clearly, we are prepared for this. :grin: These townsfolk may be strange, but they are our only hope if we ever want to get back on track to LA and back on the case of our missing host Elizabeth, who's whereabouts is still a mystery.

I'll bring my D20 as a weapon. The corners are pretty sharp.

You read my mind brother! :sweet: Together we can defeat any foe. The heart of the cards will guide us. *Shakes a deck of cards theatrically.*

Remember everyone, may' Daa jaHDI' SuvwI' juppu' Daj lonbe.

Y'all make up your minds yet? It get's dark here real quick like. Can't really see much of nothing when it's all dark outside. We should get a move on here, I got my still up and runnin' which means fresh firewater for us! And you boys with your game...well, I'm always lookin' for some new form of entertainment, so maybe you can teach me how to play?

We have 6 or 7 in our group now? I'm confused, but then that happens a lot.

Dear me, I didn't think I was in the bathroom that long. What's going on here? We're splitting into groups? Right then, let me see, I think I will go with Group 3 if there is still room, this farm sounds interesting. :sweet:

In this time and place, we need to band together and be strong. This is an adventure the likes we have never seen before, unless you play D&D like Herman and I. Clearly, we are prepared for this. :grin: These townsfolk may be strange, but they are our only hope if we ever want to get back on track to LA and back on the case of our missing host Elizabeth, who's whereabouts is still a mystery.

Yes, another friend on the way to the farm! Let's just hope that Mayor Murder of Killer Mayor or whatever isn't literal, or he may have some cronies there.

Incidentally, I'd be happy to learn this game of yours, as long as I get to drink at the same time!

I'll go with group 1 too. Its the only sane group. :tongue: And we're all staff so yeah....
I'm going with team 1, clearly the important thing here is to get the train back up and running, and that's the only group that seems to be doing anything in that direction. You all go play on the farm or go shopping. :hmpf:
Ok, we now have our train crew/passenger team. We'll grab a couple of townspeople, then we're ready.

At least, these bunch of people whom are with me, are much normal looking. I thought there are some slient town citizens lurking around the Emerald Express. They had been awfully quiet.

And you boys with your game...well, I'm always lookin' for some new form of entertainment, so maybe you can teach me how to play?
Incidentally, I'd be happy to learn this game of yours, as long as I get to drink at the same time!

buy' ngop! :sweet: Trust me, you'll love it! I'll make sure I bring my cards and my full set of dice with me, and the players hand book, and my terrain tiles, and... *runs to fetch a bag.*

buy' ngop! :sweet: Trust me, you'll love it! I'll make sure I bring my cards and my full set of dice with me, and the players hand book, and my terrain tiles, and... *runs to fetch a bag.*

Well, if the folk of Willoughby turn nasty, at least we can rest assured that the passengers can defend themselves by boring the natives to death.

ATTENTION!!! Mr. Brakes or Mr. Butcher, I require your immediate assistance to retrieve my belongings from my private locker. And you may not look what it is.

*Dynamic Movement (as allowed by the Brickster): Eleanor retrieves the contents of her locker from the Luggage Carriage, and puts them in her handbag*

So I have a handbag now, you've got a problem with it? :tongue:

So far I have only Lorraine and Old Jebediah McFarlin here in my group. I thought we who were on the train were supposed to split up into groups of three, with up to three townies assisting us. Can't you people count?

Yes ma'am!

*wraps a blindfold around eyes and opens locker*

Here you are, miss.

Or did you already help yourself dynamically?

...and my Divine Hero miniatures, and my Players Hand Book 2nd Edition, and my DU5 Dungeon tiles, and my Warlock Power Cards, and my Divine Power supplementary rules book, and my City Scape rules supplement, and my Dungeon Master's Guide II, and my Dungeon Master's Screen, and my Dungeon Survival Guide, and of course I'll need the Dungeons & Dragons For Dummies book, as well as my Heroes II Miniatures Box, and my Players Kit, and a Dungeonscape, and the original Dungeon Master's Guide Core Rulebook, and the Eberron Campaign Guide rules supplement, and my Dragons of Eberron Campaign supplement, and perhaps the Draconomicon would be appropriate, as well as the Five Nations Eberon Campaign Suppliment, and...

*Dynamic Movement (as allowed by the Brickster): Eleanor retrieves the contents of her locker from the Luggage Carriage, and puts them in her handbag*

Given the amount of hanky panky that took place around the lockers, are you absolutely certain that everything you think is there, actually is? I wouldn't rely on what you think you have.

Well, if the folk of Willoughby turn nasty, at least we can rest assured that the passengers can defend themselves by boring the natives to death.
...and my Divine Hero miniatures, and my Players Hand Book 2nd Edition, and my DU5 Dungeon tiles, and my Warlock Power Cards, and my Divine Power supplementary rules book, and my City Scape rules supplement, and my Dungeon Master's Guide II, and my Dungeon Master's Screen, and my Dungeon Survival Guide, and of course I'll need the Dungeons & Dragons For Dummies book, as well as my Heroes II Miniatures Box, and my Players Kit, and a Dungeonscape, and the original Dungeon Master's Guide Core Rulebook, and the Eberron Campaign Guide rules supplement, and my Dragons of Eberron Campaign supplement, and perhaps the Draconomicon would be appropriate, as well as the Five Nations Eberon Campaign Suppliment, and...

... or crush them to death with books. :hmpf:

Given the amount of hanky panky that took place around the lockers, are you absolutely certain that everything you think is there, actually is? I wouldn't rely on what you think you have.

But I have the only key to that locker. :tongue:

I have my thingamabob securely in my purse, and nobody can take it from me. Nobody!

(Besides, I think I would've been informed privately if the contents of the locker were stolen.)

I have my thingamabob securely in my purse, and nobody can take it from me. Nobody!

Talk about a little determination - maybe I should be with your group! :tongue:

But no, I have a responsibility to arrive in LA with the Emerald express - my career is on the line here. :sceptic:

But I have the only key to that locker. :tongue:

We kept hearing about a master key in the possession of two of the crew, so I had reason to wonder.

(Besides, I think I would've been informed privately if the contents of the locker were stolen.)

I would certainly hope so.

Perhaps, if it isn't too much trouble, I might have a private word with you, which would not require dynamic movement, but might be enlightening.

(Sorry Darth Legois, but I made a spelling mistake and I'm practically OCD, just not diagnosed :wink:)

Is it still just me an' Eleanor here in ol' Group 4? Damn, you people don't know this town well enough yet to want to get the hell outta here...

*Whisper* Be careful of that there Mayor! He's a nasty piece of work...*Whisper*

I've never had the chance to say it before, but that is one lovely loc'motive. You crew members sure did a good job on it.

*Runs hand along the side of the boiler*

I personally appoint Eleanor as Team 4 leader, no doubt ab'aaht it!

We kept hearing about a master key in the possession of two of the crew, so I had reason to wonder.

Wait a minute! Did the staff go open my private locker?! The outrage!

I'm not telling what's in my handbag, though. :tongue:

(Sorry Darth Legois, but I made a spelling mistake and I'm practically OCD, just not diagnosed :wink: )

(You can just leave the spelling mistakes, Or use spellcheck :wink: )

Wait a minute! Did the staff go open my private locker?! The outrage!

I'm not telling what's in my handbag, though. :tongue:

......Who, what?........ *whistles*

Why are you so secretive about whats in your handbag? :wacko: I can't really think of anything you'd need to keep secret unless it was a weapon or personal items.....still.....

Also Conducter which hillbilly towns person should come in our group?

...and my D&D Icons Colossal Red Dragon miniature, Gargantuan Blue Dragon miniature, and Gargantuan Black Dragon miniature, as well as my Archfiends Expansion Pack miniatures, the Dragonmarked Eberon Campaign supplement, and my Dungeon Delve rules supplement.

That should about do it to help teach you the basics I should say. :sweet:

I also brought my entire Forgotten Realms Adventure Collection, so if you want to play a more advanced game later, then I could go get that at a later stage. I'm sure Herman would be interested in that, especially once I tell him that I brought my City of the Spider Queen miniatures. They're really rare and a real treat to play with. :classic:

I also brought...

... enough crap to weigh the train down. No wonder we didn't make it to LA. It's a good thing this wasn't a Mystery Cruise or we'd be sloshing on the bottom of the ocean by now. :hmpf_bad:

Do you have any little painted valkyries in there? You know, the kind with the ... oh, um, nevermind. I don't know anything about that stuff. :blush:

Dork. :tongue:

Dork. :tongue:

*Whispers to Grease* I agree. *Whisper*

*Normal Voice*

Hey, Mister... what's your name? Ah, Mister Stranger, care to put y'all mighty fine books and minatures in mah truck bed? Ya might find it easier for y'all train to not carry the load until y'all get goin' again.

Is the truck ready for leaving? The boxes with food are ready and waiting at the barn!

All I need now is a weapon...I'll see if I have some.

My semi's a-ready to go-go, but we can't leave yet, as you well know. We gotta find an interestin' plan, one that the Mayor hasn't prepared for...

Hey, did you ever see the Top Gear episode where they made a Reliant Robin into a Space Shuttle?! Bet the Mayor hasn't thought of that one!

Better plan: Put the mayor in the Reliant! :tongue:

Mayor: ''To infinity..And beyond!!!'' BOOOOOM! :grin:

*Chuckles in that annoying, hillbilly way*

Haha, yes, thats very good!

But keep your voice down, the Mayor might catch wind of our plan, and then he might even, oh, I dread the thought, take our lifepoints from us!

*Shivers*

Keep it under your lovely 1-set-release tan fedora hat!

If he tries to take my lifepoints...My pitchfork will be ready for him :devil:

If he tries to take my lifepoints...My pitchfork will be ready for him :devil:

So when does the Chapter poll open about whether this is 'Disney or Deliverance'?

Having listened to all the crazies, I think I know what my choice is :hmpf: