Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 4

Y'all can use my truck t'back it up to here station is you want...

Female truck drivers might be evil, Herman, if you carry on makin' those pop-culture references!

Honestly, a name like Herman.. nerd...

Do you know what lies in the shadow of the statue? :laugh:

It's our destiny!

Anyway, as much as these people seem strange, I think we should at least let them try to help us. Should we make a list to see who (out of these Willoughby residents) has been on the train and near the loco?

"Strange things a'happen'n here", seems to be the concensus of the passengers and crew of the Emerald Express as some rather strange townsfolk have approached the train willingly offering their assistance.

After some debate over whether or not passengers should be let off the train, the Conductor makes the decision to allow it; however, "the people in the town WILL NOT be allowed to board the train. They are definately a strange cast of characters", he tells.

Conductor Max first calls upon Engineer Steve Thomas and Brakes to have a closer look at the damage to the locomotive and this "supposed coal issue". "We need to perform a thorough diagnostic check of this engine problem" and begins looking at the engine very closely, followed by Steve and Brakes.

"This is definately worse than I thought", he states... "just take a look at the Johnson rod". Steve and Brakes get down on their knees and look at the Johnson rod... :look:

Max explains, "The drive train assembly has a rod (called the Johnson rod) that is too short, and sometimes comes loose resulting in locking of the gears. Any friction created under the coal burner (including misplaced or sometimes wet coal), can cause the vertical gear to become loose from the Johnson rod and stop the train. The Johnson rod is made by the Technic Company, a private company whose parts come from Mexico. Emerald Lines has had quality issues with these Mexican parts, but due to our current economic situation, has continued to use this cheaper supplier. The damages are more serious than I thought, and I'm not sure if this town will have the needed replacement parts. We may start by asking some of these Deliverance characters if they have a train engine shed in town. I'm afraid that we're going to be here a while! Welcome to Willoughby everyone".

NOTE: DYNAMIC MOVEMENT HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED

Chapter 5 coming soon...

Dynamic Movement: pushes Greaseman out of the window with an incredible burst of adrenaline

*shouts after Greaseman, who lies stupefied on the platform*

Hope you're happy there with your kind, chauvinist pig! :tongue:

And I hope you lost some Life Points for that as well!

Oh great, she likes me too. How am I going to deal with two women? :devil:

(Ah, the true value of being staff comes when you need to make a post that can't be replied to) :grin: