Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 4

Dynamic Move: Go take a nap in my cabin.

*whispers to Eleanor*

Oh my god, you are crazy.

What a fine, blossoming friendship we have! :tongue:

*turns to Herman*

And so what if I whisper a little loud? You've got a problem with that, Sheman? And where do you think you're going? We aren't allowed to move dynamically in this chapter... of life!

I really would like us to continue our voyage instead of hanging around with a bunch of hickies also known as the decent folk of Whateverville. Is there any staffmember qualified enough to tell what's actually wrong with this train here? Let alone fix it?

I think you're a witch...or probably a heretic although I'm not sure the difference.

Ok, it went like this. Witches were really bad, like witches and stuff. A heretic was anyone who didn't believe exactly the same thing as the Inquisitor, which was pretty much everyone.

You dice throwing, d&d playing nerds would all be considered witches, so let's not get this started again.

*a man in a red hat and cape walks aboard the train*

Oh bloody hell, it's the Spanish Inquisition! :hmpf_bad:

*throws the man off the train while shaking his fist and yelling, "and don't come back!"*

That's better.

What? Oh, nothing, I didn't see him either. :wacko:

My names Lorraine Bailey, but my friends call me Big Rig, as I love driving trucks.

You seem to be in a spot of bother. I've a flask of tea with me. Care for some?

Well, hello there, darlin'. Do you actually have a big rig? I might want to see that later. :wink:

Oh, tea? I'm deathly allergic to food and drink that comes from unidentified and potentially rural sources that might have unusually high quantities of fecal contamination in their water.

After being warned of a danger in this town, I'm asking all passengers to return to the train, and I'm going to lock the doors. *blows the train whistle to alert any passengers that have left to return*. I'm still working out what exactly is wrong, but I'll keep you all posted. Please hurry, I ask for your co-operation in this matter. Thank you.

Yeah, that. I was just going to add that I remembered carrying Arin's or Mark's luggage when I thought that knife fell out. I wasn't pointing fingers, but I thought it might have been important. Apparently I was wrong, and the knife is... yours. To protect yourself... against... *looks meaningfully*

Oh, yes, I remember who was near the engine not too long ago. (Not that I'm blaming anyone...)

Well I will take a look for you,

checks underwear Nope no coal in here!

*whispers to Arin*

Oh my god, we've stopped at a village of overly friendly hillbillies who are too eager to introduce themselves and show us pictures from their photo albums! We're doomed...

I second this, it can only be thouroughly intriguing bad stopping here. This town is evil Evil EVIL!

If one of them breaks out a banjo, I say we make a run for it... :oh:

Until then, let's just play it cool. I've got a weird feeling about this place, like it isn't supposed to be here. Or we aren't. Or they aren't. :wacko:

Is it anything like an island that disappears 30 years into the past and gets "LOST"?

Then I am worried.

snip die please. :sweet:

Cmon now, don't be like that!

Woo! Willoughby Spring Break!

Break out your string vests and Abba combilations, it's time for a leetle holiday, Schmelt-style!

Is there a beach around here? Come on, let's celebrate!

Uhhhh, I can see your Linguini in that outfit :sick:

Lock the doors 'n load the shotguns! :tongue: ......Oh wait they aren't zombies...Well I could use Charlies help with the engine...THATS ALL! *loads shotgun* (I have a shotgun? :look::tongue::laugh: )

Uhh.....Nice outfit (Avatar) :look:

(who doesnt like man-boobs...) :laugh:

Look like zombies to me, maybe schmelt knows some good recipes for brain, brainssssss

So does that mean that the builder of the train will know where all the secret passages, hidden compartments, and portraits with eyes that follow you around the room will be? Perhaps he should share these secrets. I think we all deserve to know... We were planning to search the train before this abrupt detour ruined that idea... Coincidence... Or something more sinister?

Yes, most peculiar timing there.

After being warned of a danger in this town, I'm asking all passengers to return to the train, and I'm going to lock the doors. *blows the train whistle to alert any passengers that have left to return*. I'm still working out what exactly is wrong, but I'll keep you all posted. Please hurry, I ask for your co-operation in this matter. Thank you.

*Cocks shotgun* If someone wants to come aboard who isant a passenger will get a nice serving of hot lead :tongue: err.....anyways umm Dynamic Movement: Engine room with brakes.

Uhhhh, I can see your Linguini in that outfit :sick:

Funny, I knew a guy named Linguini....

Terrified by this doom-laden portent, I will return aboard the train. Dynamically and dramatically returns

Can I bring just one little pony on board? Just the one? It's only a little pony...

The best French fries are made with horse fat. True fact, fact-friends.

Now I await an explanation from Max as to why our visit to Willoughby was shortened. Well? Any good reason? Or is it... sabotage?

Now I await an explanation from Max as to why our visit to Willoughby was shortened. Well? Any good reason? Or is it... sabotage?

I am not very sure though, but Steve and I are checking out the cause. It seemed there is something wrong with the coal. It appeared to be partially wet. Somehow, there are water seeping through those coals...

Can I bring just one little pony on board? Just the one? It's only a little pony...

So long as it goes in YOUR cabin. :tongue:

Sabotage? How is a warning to stay on board and get the hell out sabotage? :hmpf_bad:

I'm just as full of ideas as to why we're told to leave as you are, but I don't really like this town, so I'm happy to comply with warnings.

*Cocks shotgun*[/i]

From cocking to ...

Funny, I knew a guy named Linguini....

Dick?

What about his name. Was it Dick?

We've all just suddenly turned 12. Except for the ones that already were 12. :tongue:

I'll see if you can have 1 pony....Happy now?

Wasn't this train supposed to go non-stop to LA? So I say this stop to Whateverville was sabotage in itself!

Wasn't this train supposed to go non-stop to LA? So I say this stop to Whateverville was sabotage in itself!

Indeed, this place is creeping me out. :cry_sad:

Does anyone else find it suspicious that our unscheduled stop just happens to be in a town of creepy, desperate people? Of all the places... :hmpf:

Be happy you stopped in a town, not somewhere in the middle of nowhere!

I am not very sure though, but Steve and I are checking out the cause. It seemed there is something wrong with the coal. It appeared to be partially wet. Somehow, there are water seeping through those coals...

Indeed.

From cocking to ...

Dick?

What about his name. Was it Dick?

We've all just suddenly turned 12. Except for the ones that already were 12. :tongue:

Geez, You've all the the minds of 12 yr olds! :hmpf::wacko::laugh: Yeah I think his first name was Dick....Poor guy....

Does it look like its going non-stop to LA at the moment? :hmpf::tongue:

Indeed, this place is creeping me out. :cry_sad:

Does anyone else find it suspicious that our unscheduled stop just happens to be in a town of creepy, desperate people? Of all the places... :hmpf:

I have a feeling even if the train was fine we'd still be stopping.... :look:

Turns to the window and shouts to the townsfolk who had better be on the platform and not in the train.

So, do any of you know a lady called Miss Elizabeth Rose Thornton?

Turns back to the passengers inside.

So, did someone lock the doors? I don't think we should let any of these people on board. Firstly, they don't have a ticket, and secondly, I still think there is something not quite right about them... :look:

So does it look like a problem with the engine or a problem with the fuel? And why does wet coal make us stop so suddenly?

And yes, the doors are locked and they are outside. I don't think there is even a platform - what are the chances of us breaking down right at a platform?

Terrified by this doom-laden portent, I will return aboard the train. Dynamically and dramatically returns

The best French fries are made with horse fat. True fact, fact-friends.

YAY! A pony! OMG! Don't kill the pony! Love the pony! SCHMELT!

Herman, I believe someone might have shoved a body in the engine or something else crazy like that. *glares at Eleanor*

- what are the chances of us breaking down right at a platform?

That was my precisely my point earlier; my impression is that we have stopped in a town, possibly by a platform, and I was wondering what a coincidence this is. Or is it? :look:

Well, as long as we get moving before night falls on this creepy town.

I'd hate to be trapped inside this train in the dark, when the moon wafts behind the clouds, and there is nary a glimmer of light to be seen... Yes, as long as we're gone before that time of night when the whistling of the winds through the silent corridors shivers through our souls, and shadowy midnight figures lurk and stretch their fearful talons towards our flimsy train doors... and that odd creak could be the engines cooling, or the pry of a crowbar upon steel... and the howling of the wolves in the distance is a portent of our doom... as long as we're gone before any of that happens, then, yes, I'll be fine....

:look:

*hugs my pony*

So, did someone lock the doors? I don't think we should let any of these people on board. Firstly, they don't have a ticket, and secondly, I still think there is something not quite right about them... :look:

I agreed. There is something wierd about them. I think our Steward are there checking. Couldn't want others without a ticket to infiltrate inside the Emerald Express.

So does it look like a problem with the engine or a problem with the fuel? And why does wet coal make us stop so suddenly?

Max, we have a serious problem with our coals. Somehow, there are liquid fluid in some of our coals, and we need to replenish our coal supplies. Steve and I are starting to remove those problematic coals, and will begin checking the engine interior. The brakes are still in good condition. Although there is some bit of wear and tear during the jerking process, but it's part of the safety management that allow these brakes to be functionally safe. We now need to inspect the engine to ensure that there is no other funny stuff inside there.

When the coal is wet, it is not able to ignite or light up, from within the burning flames. In fact, you can't do anything when the coal is wet. Since it can't burn, the engine is not able to receive fuel, which resulted in the sudden brake that cause the Emerald Express to come to a sudden halt.

So long as it goes in YOUR cabin. :tongue:

Yes please don't put it in a locker.......

Turns to the window and shouts to the townsfolk who had better be on the platform and not in the train.

So, do any of you know a lady called Miss Elizabeth Rose Thornton?

Turns back to the passengers inside.

Well I'm glad someone asked, where is our host?

And yes, the doors are locked and they are outside. I don't think there is even a platform - what are the chances of us breaking down right at a platform?

That does seem weird, but then I don't know much about coal anyway :wacko:

Maybe this is a good chance to search the trains boiler for bones!

Herman, I believe someone might have shoved a body in the engine or something else crazy like that. *glares at Eleanor*
to search the trains boiler for bones!

Whats all this talk of bones 'n bodies in the engine!? :wacko:

I'm stuck on a train full of whackjobs (Most of them anyway...... :tongue: ) then theres some wierd hillbillies outside the train trying to get in *sigh*.... :wacko:

Oh and yeah we're still removing problem coals....

Schmelt, I see you're hugging our dinner? :tongue::look:

Any idea what the liquid substance is? And where will you replenish our supply from?

Seriously, I am trying to figure that liquid substance, but I think it is likely plain water judging from the remaining unused coal packs.

I am not sure, but do you think the General Store in this village could have those coal packs down here... I am not able to go and get those packs myself. Perhaps some other staff could help me to find some new fresh coal packs.