Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 4

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 4: A Stop At Willoughby

The Emerald Express has suddenly stopped along the tracks! Engineer Steve Thomas runs into the Dining Car telling the passengers and crew that there has been a mechanical failure with the locomotive. All stare at him still in shock over what has occured :oh: A few individuals look outside the train reluctantly to see a sign that reads "Willoughby".

06.jpg

NOTE: Dynamic Movements have been temporarily suspended in light of the current situation. They will resume when announced.

All secondary participants may now join the Mystery at any time.

I kind of wish the dynamic movements hadn't been suspended, I really could use a change of underwear. :blush:

So... I guess we're paying a visit to Willoughby. Wherever the hell that is. :sceptic:

*Howard Snitchman excitedly walks up to the train, and smack into the closed door. It makes an awful thud sound and he takes two steps back, confused, until the doors finally open. He then walks in and starts to babble*

Hey folks! Welcome to Willoughby. Real lovely town, small ,but a real nice town. Who are you? What are you doing? Do you know that Willoughby has a population of only about 20? I sure did! We're what some people call a ghost town. It's very sppoky sometimes. All my neighbors moved away, can't imaqgine why. *Laughs at his own joke* Boy oh boy. One of them told me I was a pain in the... well, nether regions. *Laughs again, a little more awkwardly* Well, I can see that you folks all know each other! Oh, where are my manners! You don't know me. Hi. The names Willoughby. Oh, no, wait, that's my town's name. My names Snitchman, Howard Snitchman. That's a reference to the Bond books. Now who wrote those again? Howard Snitchman? Oh, wait no... that's me. *Laughs again*

I think that I may of hit my head. Does anyone have Egos? Oh, no wait, that's not what I meant. What are those waffles again? Oh, right, Eggos. That's what I meant... Legos... no... what?

I'm hungry.

HELLO, MY NAME IS HOWARD SNITCHMAN avhoward.jpg

*gets up and brushes self off*

Willoughby? But that's in Ohio... Never mind that, Steve, what's the problem?

We're terribly sorry, passengers, but please remain in the train. We'll have this fixed up in no time.

Herman, we'll continue the conversation we had over lunch later, if that's alright with you. :classic:

*gets up and brushes self off*

Willoughby? But that's in Ohio... Never mind that, Steve, what's the problem?

We're terribly sorry, passengers, but please remain in the train. We'll have this fixed up in no time.

Herman, we'll continue the conversation we had over lunch later, if that's alright with you. :classic:

Im not sure what the problem is of yet, :sceptic: It may take awhile to repair though.... I could use some help. *looks at brakes*

But it appears to be a problem with misplaced coal :look:

Im not sure what the problem is of yet, :sceptic: It may take awhile to repair though.... I could use some help. *looks at brakes*

Hah! Didn't I say look in the coal-chute! :laugh:

Does anyone have Egos? Oh, no wait, that's not what I meant. What are those waffles again? Oh, right, Eggos. That's what I meant... Legos... no... what?

Lunch has been served and the next course is dinner. If you're still alive tomorrow morning, then you can have some Eggos.

Oh, um...OK. I don't remember being in the middle of a conversation. I have a slight bump on my noggin. I'm going to go to my cabin to lay down. And if I'm not allowed to do that then I shall dynamically lay right down on the floor here and go to sleep.

Oh, um...OK. I don't remember being in the middle of a conversation. I have a slight bump on my noggin. I'm going to go to my cabin to lay down. And if I'm not allowed to do that then I shall dynamically lay right down on the floor here and go to sleep.

*Lays a tablecloth over Herman's prone form and adds a bunch of daffodils*

Lovely!

Hah! Didn't I say look in the coal-chute! :laugh:

Doesn't that look suspicious to anyone else? Oh, how rude of me not to introduce myself! I'm Charlie Williams, the local construction guy. You got a problem? I got a solution! At least that's my motto..... So, if you guys need any light, medium, or heavy equipment, just ask.

HELLO, MY NAME IS CHARLIE WILLIAMS avcharlie.jpg

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

:wacko:

Yeah, but can you keep the crazy townsfolk outside the train? :hmpf_bad:

Hm... I wonder who could have been in the engine room/ tender car...

...Never mind.

Hm... I wonder who could have been in the engine room/ tender car...

...Never mind.

*momentarily awakes*

Oh right, you mean you telling me I was quick to point fingers and me pointing out that you were quicker to point the finger at Arin and Mark with even less evidence than I have against Max and I was quick to defend them and that Max deserves the finger. That conversation? Yeah, I bet we'll continue it later.

*crawls back under daffodils and sleeps*

Are you mocking me, um... wel you haven't introduced yourself. You look Greasey, I'll call you Greaseman. Any way, it's okay to mock me. I do it to myself all the time. I sometimes stay in my room and talk to myself all day, and then at the end, I pretend to talk back and tell myself to sut up. Sometimes I can go a little overboard and hurt my feelings, but generally it's in good fun.

Hey there Charlie! How are you! What are you doing on the train? Are you trying to flee the town, becuase I'm not, but I know that some people are, but maybe I shouldn't of said that. Are you being nice so these people will let you stow away?

So, what are you folks talking about? Have you got a problem on the train, becuase Charlie can fix it. I heard that he can fix anything, but that once he brok a roof by accident becuase it was weak and he used to be fat!

Yeah, that. I was just going to add that I remembered carrying Arin's or Mark's luggage when I thought that knife fell out. I wasn't pointing fingers, but I thought it might have been important. Apparently I was wrong, and the knife is... yours. To protect yourself... against... *looks meaningfully*

Oh, yes, I remember who was near the engine not too long ago. (Not that I'm blaming anyone...)

Yes Grease, keep working him over!

I would like to dynamically move to the Engine with Steve if he is around, I would love a look up front!

Hey there Charlie! How are you! What are you doing on the train? Are you trying to flee the town, becuase I'm not, but I know that some people are, but maybe I shouldn't of said that. Are you being nice so these people will let you stow away?

I'm good, how about you? And no, I'm just trying to help out the passengers on this train :sweet:

Uh...*ahem*...Welcome to Willoughby...my name is David Gaylord...I used to be the engineer of a very old train...it was the following;

s4.jpg

You can see me clearly in the picture below...

engine1.jpg

The train is still running...except not by me. And by the way...is there anything I can help any of you with?

(and to the voice in the sky, I hope you don't mind that I am using your MOC in my character's intro...)

Edited by brickfreak99

Well, we shall resume our accusations once we get this train moving. I was largely involved in designing this loco, so I'll probably have a good idea how to fix it. So whilst myself and the other two engine staff check out the problem, stay here - no-one get out or we'll leave you behind.

And stop accusing me of things, I'm doing a little research so I can clear things up a bit...

Well isn't since a sight for sore eyes! :cry_happy: The train hasn't stopped in Willoughby for a long time, let alone carrying visitors, so please understand our enthusiasm.

My name is William Brown, and I'm the mayor of this quaint little town. Please feel free to call me Willy.

Please don't hesitate to hop out for a bit and stretch your legs. Willoughby may be small, but I'm sure you'll find her a peaceful place to relax and get a drink.

Doesn't that look suspicious to anyone else? Oh, how rude of me not to introduce myself! I'm Charlie Williams, the local construction guy. You got a problem? I got a solution! At least that's my motto..... So, if you guys need any light, medium, or heavy equipment, just ask.

HELLO, MY NAME IS CHARLIE WILLIAMS avcharlie.jpg

Hey Charlie! I was wondering if you could help us with some parts we need to repair the train? :classic:

s4.jpg

You can see me clearly in the picture below...

The train is still running...except not by me. And by the way...is there anything I can help any of you with?

(and to the voice in the sky, I hope you don't mind that I am using your MOC in my character's intro...)

That looks like me....I must have a twin with the same job somewhere... :laugh:

Well isn't since a sight for sore eyes! :cry_happy: The train hasn't stopped in Willoughby for a long time, let alone carrying visitors, so please understand our enthusiasm.

Yeah, I bet it hasn't. Please understand our lack of enthusiasm.

My name is William Brown, and I'm the mayor of this quaint little town.

Some might even say it's rustic.

Please feel free to call me Willy.

Hello Willy. It's a pleasure, I'm sure.

Please don't hesitate to hop out for a bit and stretch your legs. Willoughby may be small, but I'm sure you'll find her a peaceful place to relax and get a drink.

A drink? Now we're talking!

Are we allowed to dynamically move out for drinks? I would suggest we stay in a group, or at least in groups, just so we don't get, uh, lost... or anything. :look:

*whispers to Arin*

Oh my god, we've stopped at a village of overly friendly hillbillies who are too eager to introduce themselves and show us pictures from their photo albums! We're doomed...

*whispers to Arin*

I'm always glad to have such good hearing. It lets me rudely interrupt conversations.

Oh my god, we've stopped at a village of overly friendly hillbillies who are too eager to introduce themselves and show us pictures from their photo albums! We're doomed...

If one of them breaks out a banjo, I say we make a run for it... :oh:

Until then, let's just play it cool. I've got a weird feeling about this place, like it isn't supposed to be here. Or we aren't. Or they aren't. :wacko:

Hello? Has anyone seen my d20? It rolled across the floor somewhere. :look:

What's with all these townsfolk invading our train? Don't you have better things to do? Well since your here now, help me look for my die please. :sweet:

Oh and the cards appear to have gone everywhere too... :hmpf_bad:

*To passengers* Umm, I have a bad feeling about this town, I think we should all stay on the train like the staff have suggested. There is just something not quite... right about these people. :look: Perhaps we should lock the doors?

Woo! Willoughby Spring Break!

Break out your string vests and Abba combilations, it's time for a leetle holiday, Schmelt-style!

Is there a beach around here? Come on, let's celebrate!