baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

The price for this set is really good :classic:

Especially in United States and UK.

Unfortunately in Poland price is a little bit too high :sadnew:

But it`s one of the best sets in 2009.

$AUD109.99 is a little pricey. Especially considering GBP39.15 is currently about $AUD72. Even compared to Euros, the price is high.

Looks like it's a bargain in some countries, and not in others :sceptic:

$AUD109.99 is a little pricey. Especially considering GBP39.15 is currently about $AUD72. Even compared to Euros, the price is high.

Looks like it's a bargain in some countries, and not in others :sceptic:

Its NZD$140 and at today's exchange rate that is USD$100. Expensive but I'll get it anyway because I really like this set. There is a 5 per customer limit on Shop@Home for us Kiwi (maybe for others too). Does that mean either there will be a limited production run or Lego is expecting huge demand?

There is a 5 per customer limit on Shop@Home for us Kiwi (maybe for others too). Does that mean either there will be a limited production run or Lego is expecting huge demand?

Probably both. Seasonal sets tend to sell out quickly (since it doesn't make sense to have sets sitting on shelves for the next 12 months leading up to Xmas) and usually Advent calendars tend to disappear by November. I would expect a smaller production run and higher turnover. Unlike other Exclusives, I think this is designed for quick sales in the lead-up to Xmas. The last big Xmas exclusive - the 10173 Holiday Train - ended up going for 1/2 price during the sales, so TLG has probably learned its lesson since then.

Probably both. Seasonal sets tend to sell out quickly (since it doesn't make sense to have sets sitting on shelves for the next 12 months leading up to Xmas) and usually Advent calendars tend to disappear by November. I would expect a smaller production run and higher turnover. Unlike other Exclusives, I think this is designed for quick sales in the lead-up to Xmas. The last big Xmas exclusive - the 10173 Holiday Train - ended up going for 1/2 price during the sales, so TLG has probably learned its lesson since then.

Svelte, you are truly scaring me. I don't want them to go out of production before I can get my hands on one! :cry_sad:

Svelte, you are truly scaring me. I don't want them to go out of production before I can get my hands on one! :cry_sad:

Call the Lego shop and see what the intended availability is, then.

It would be interesting to know if it will be around only in the leadup to Xmas 09 or if it is intended to have a longer shelf-life.

Call the Lego shop and see what the intended availability is, then.

It would be interesting to know if it will be around only in the leadup to Xmas 09 or if it is intended to have a longer shelf-life.

Thanks for the information Svelte. Sounds like I better not wait too long before ordering. If anyone finds out what the intended shelf-life for this will be then please post it here.

Well bit the bullet and ordered this along with the Fire brigade. With the free shipping and the chance that the Toy Shop could only be a seasonal set I figured why not.

I love all the details in micro scale. Reminds me of going downtown with my parents many years ago at Christmas time to see the decorated windows in a long gone department store. Very much like the store windows in the movie A Christmas Story. All the new toys would be in the windows with an animated display. Ah... fond memories. :cry_happy:

Okay I know that sounds sappy. :laugh:

Edited by GC8Monkey

Hey all, just picked mine up at the Lego Store on Michigan Ave. $60 seemed very reasonable for 815 pieces. I would love to do a review, but I'm waiting until December to open it.

Wow, the Winter Toy Shop set looks awesome!

There's so many detailed packed into that half-house! :oh:

I really like the extra room upstairs for the repair shop.

The tree is well designed, and all of the other things are really nice additions!

For $60 USD, this set is an amazing deal!

Now I can't really decide on which to get: this or (if it comes to the US) the Pirates Advent Calendar? :grin:

If I had to guess, I think that it will last for at least a year, since it would be a waste of time for LEGO designers to spend a year or more to develop a set, just to have it availwable for a few months.

I'll also send an e-mail to LEGO Customer Service with this question and get back to you. :wink:

EDIT: By the way, instructions are up! You can really see how well made the whole set is, and clearly see the complete interior!

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4566066.pdf

Edited by ILikePi

EDIT: By the way, instructions are up! You can really see how well made the whole set is, and clearly see the complete interior!

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4566066.pdf

Thanks a heap for the link ILikePi, I'll get to ogle the instructions as I spend the next three weeks waiting for S@H to deliver my copy. Even at the slightly inflated Aussie price I think it'll b eworth it.

Hey all, just picked mine up at the Lego Store on Michigan Ave. $60 seemed very reasonable for 815 pieces. I would love to do a review, but I'm waiting until December to open it.

Same here. Waiting for December to open it :classic:

Looking at the interior pictures on S@H and the 360 degree zoom (it's great that TLG added this to the newer sets :thumbup: because you can see the interior, too, and then decide whether you'll buy the set or not - and not being disappointed when you buy it and it includes nearly no interior) I must say that the interior is awesome - a big chimney, a cash point (great that TLG didn't forget that!) and a working table for the shop owner upstairs! :thumbup:

Simply :wub: !

I'm glad that I ordered it and hope that it'll arrive next week (although I firstly will open it in the end of Nov. or in the first half of Dec.).

Built in LEGO® Town Plan style, it is a set to extend and build upon throughout the year! (Any hidden meaning or implication? ... :tongue: )

I exactly thought that, too, Alywin!

If TLG didn't plan to release more sets in this winter style they surely wouldn't have added this sentence to the set description since it would otherwise make absolutely no sense.

So it's very supposably that we'll get minimum one more winter set! :thumbup: The only bad thing is that we very supposably have again to wait one year for it. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks a heap for the link ILikePi, I'll get to ogle the instructions as I spend the next three weeks waiting for S@H to deliver my copy. Even at the slightly inflated Aussie price I think it'll b eworth it.
No problem. :classic:

I got a quick response from LEGO Customer Service about the availability of the set, but they just said this:

This is an exclusive item only sold through Shop at Home, item #10199 (Winter Toy Shop) will be available until stock is completely depleted.

:wacko:

No problem. :classic:

I got a quick response from LEGO Customer Service about the availability of the set, but they just said this:

:wacko:

Thanks for the update ILikePi. That suggests to me that there's one production run and that might be it but that's just my interpretation. I think I better not wait too long before I order.

ouch,thats alot of money for a set like that!

Hello and welcome to EB, GingeBreadKid! Why not head over to the Hello section of the forum and introduce yourself :)

As to this specific set, I personally find its price more than justified, especially bearing in mind that it is such a wonderful exclusive. In fact, it's one of the best sets in terms of value-for-money I've bought in recent years. Could you please try to be more specific in your future posts? Thanks :sweet:

This is a really nice set and the price seems rather decent, not to mention that its packed full of details which is something the Lego Company seem to be doing a good job at lately.

I doubt that I`ll buy it though.

Edited by Ratshot

Just received confirmation that the US Lego brand stores will receive 10199 Winter Toy Shop again

on October 1st. Same date as 10216 Winter Village Bakery! Merry Christmas :laugh:

told you so!!!!!!! :tongue: