baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

It's actually funny that the male fig has a "misprinted" torso, and yet, the female's torso isn't even printed :wacko:

I don't know if I'd call that a mishap. TLC has reused stuff like that before. A black suit torso would have been better. Look on the bright side, we got awsome new faces. :wub:

Does this really deserve a new topic? I believe someone already pointed this out in the topic discussing this set.

I would have liked something better as the torso though, maybe a winter coat?

Does this really deserve a new topic? I believe someone already pointed this out in the topic discussing this set.

Not really... so I'll merge it.

I believe it's probably standing in for a suit with a plane-shaped lapel pin. Seems like the most credible explanation to me. :tongue:

I really like the house. If I was to ever make a town I would probably make them all in that small Gingerbread/ Dollhouse style, rather than the Cafe Corner, large and spacious inside! Do we have interior pics?

:classic:

Do we have interior pics? :classic:

Not yet, but if you zoom in using a photo editor like GIMP you can see a toy locomotive and robot in the windows of the toy store.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Thank you very much for this information, Bruce! :classic:

Btw: This Dutch website says that the Winter Toy Shop will be 90 Euros. :sadnew:

Since there are many other "Factory" sets on this site which are more expensive than e. g. in Germany I hope that it will be less expensive. It's without doubts a brilliant set - but 90 Euros would nevertheless be usury!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

... Winter Toy Shop will be 90 Euros. :sadnew:

Since there are many other "Factory" sets on this site which are more expensive than e. g. in Germany I hope that it will be less expensive. It's without doubts a brilliant set - but 90 Euros would nevertheless be usury!

Klaus-Dieter

It's an exclusive set, remember? If the farm can cost that much, I don't see why this set should cost less, to be perfectly honest.

I was was naturally hoping they'd be selling it for 39.99 GBP in the UK and ~50 EUR in Europe, but I can't see it happening. There just wouldn't be anything "exclusive" about a set that "cheap".

I'd like €50, but I'm guessing if the £40 UK price is valid that the Euro price will be €60.

€90 doesn't seem believable.

They go on sale at Lego Stores October first.

How do you know? Just checked the S@H web site, but cannot find any information yet... (Maybe a bit impatient, since the day has just started :classic: ) The Dutch web site mentioned a few posts earlier states it will be available on the first of November.

Edited by Er!k

AHH! I'm geeking out about this! I'm gonna be checking the store like every 10 minutes to see if it's up yet. Know what this would go well with? The Emerald Night.

I telephoned S@H this morning and asked whether 10199 is aible to buy via S@H, too. (Asking is always not incorrect! :wink: ) The friendly woman at the phone said yes and so I ordered it. (Strangely that it's not yet on the website.) So I have great news for you:

The 10199 Winter Toy Shop will be 59,99 Euros (for Germany)! :thumbup:

I did really not think that it'll be 90 Euros (that would have been usury), 80 Euros would have been expensive but I bet that it'll be 70 Euros.

60 Euros - that's what I call a good price ratio performance! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

€70 for Ireland... ARGH!!!

EDIT: I guess Finland has more to complain about again - €80 there. What on earth are Lego playing at? It's just outrageous.

Edited by brickzone

Nice but I'm not going to buy it. I'v got wayyyyy to much Star Wars to catch up on.

The 10199 Winter Toy Shop will be 59,99 Euros (for Germany)! :thumbup:

Eine frohe Botschaft indeed!!! :sweet:

Thank you, KD! It's absolutely wonderful to have been proven wrong about the price on this! ;] In that case I may be just be able to snatch the Cafe Corner as well before it's off the shelves ;)

They've got a couple of interior pictures at S@H:

ChristmasHouse.jpg

ChristmasHouse-2.jpg

A lovely little chimney and some nice dark tan tiles. Not to mention that cute little robot and train. :wub:

And at $140NZ, I'm sold. :thumbup:

Thanks whung again for the discovery.

Quoted from the LEGO official website, I add some more official description of 10199:

Celebrate the holidays with this festive scene!

The holidays are coming, and that means a busy time in the toy maker’s workshop! This scene from a winter wonderland includes a charming shop filled with tools, toys, and even a light-up tower window. Outside, minifigures sing carols by the bench and lamppost, ski on the snow drifts, build a snowman and play with snowballs, and decorate the giant Christmas tree with a star, lights and gift-wrapped presents around the base. The Winter Toy shop features hard-to-find elements including a transparent yellow star, transparent globe elements to create a vintage lamp, dark tan tiles, light FX brick, new black 1x2x3 windows and a new caroler minifigure face. Includes 7 minifigures, cat, snowman, jack-in-the-box, stuffed animal, toy train, robot and toy car!

Includes 7 minifigures, cat, snowman, jack-in-the-box, stuffed animal, toy train, robot and toy car!

Features a toy shop filled with tools and toys and a light up tower window!

Decorate the giant Christmas tree with a star, lights and gift-wrapped presents around the base!

Includes hard-to-find elements like a transparent yellow star, globe elements to create a vintage lamp, dark tan tiles, light FX brick and new black 1x2x3 windows!

Build a snowman and play with snowballs!

Sing carols by the bench and lamp post!

Winter Toy Shop measures 7.5" (19 cm) long, 6.7" (17 cm) high and 3.1" (8 cm) wide!

Christmas tree measures 6.3" (16 cm) tall and 4.3" (11 cm) wide!

Built in LEGO® Town Plan style, it is a set to extend and build upon throughout the year! (Any hidden meaning or implication? ... :tongue: )

Also, I captured a back view of the toy shop for more insight about how the light brick is put and the upper floor looks.

10199_back.jpg

Edited by Alywin

This set is simply beautiful. There are so many small details scattered throughout it that put a smile on my face. :cry_happy:

Great set, very reasonable price too IMO. I very much look forward to adding this to my town.

Who else would love sets similar to this but for other holidays during the year? :blush: A haunted house with pumpkins and spooky tree for Halloween, a sweets shop for Valentines day etc. To dream...

Edit: Or how about just a set to give a representation for each season? (Spring, summer, fall, winter) This Winter toy shop seems to cover what many associate with that time of the year - ie. gifts, decorated tree, snow (well...depending on what part of the world you live in) etc. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a set to display that embodies the typical activities/colours and whatnot for each season of the year? Don't know if this comes out making any sense or not. (Also I hope this doesn't offend anyone with "seasons are not the same for everyone around the world") And now I'm just ramblin'...

Edited by ZO6

CUTE!!!!!!

I must must buy this set!

From what I see with the interior shots, It has some cool little accessories, like the little toy train and toy robot.

Must have set! :thumbup:

That interior is really nice... a designer must have had quite some fun putting this set together. I think I'll pass nonetheless, €60 for Christmas decorations is a little hefty. And I've already supported TLG's creativity this month by ordering 10197.