baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

First thing that popped into my mind was - Looks like a forgotten Harry Potter Hogsmeade Shop. With a little MOCing, it could easily fit there and/ or into a Medieval Village scene as well IMO.

That is the exact same thing I thought. This should fit well in my new Harry Potter layout. :classic:

This is currently on Amazon Japan for 8,000 yen here. That's about $80 U.S. Sets in Japan are always 10-50% more than in the States, so I predict it'll be about $70 or less in the States.

If the windmill powerset set with 444 pieces is $60USD then I doubt this will be lower than $80. Actually i think it will be $80, most likely $90. Which is a ripoff when you have the awesome Market set that I still need to buy.

I didn't think it had so many pieces. Wow! Unfortunately, the PF addition will make it more expensive than I hoped to get it for. Anyway, it'll be a wonderful addition to my Holiday Train. The Holiday Train and the Winter Toy Shop go very well with each other and form a nice winter scene.

People keep talking as if it's a full PF setup - but surely it is just an Exoforce-style light brick and even the batteries included flash is just about it having the little button cell inside already? I sincerely hope so, as this would presumably not really add much to the price.

People keep talking as if it's a full PF setup - but surely it is just an Exoforce-style light brick and even the batteries included flash is just about it having the little button cell inside already? I sincerely hope so, as this would presumably not really add much to the price.

It's more likely to be the new PF lightbricks as found in the Creator sets and the Agents: Mobile Command Centre from last year. At least with these ones you can change the battery.

Indeed, it probably is the same yellow one as found in the Mobile Command Centre. If it was any more complex than that (which I don't think it is), they would plaster the PF orange logos all over the box art, like they did with the Carousel.

are those three stud long light-saber pieces?

i don't think i will get this... even though i would it... it is a lot of £($¢€¥)

lol

are those three stud long light-saber pieces?
If you mean the Ski-Poles, I think those are regular length.

Don't get mad at me if I'm wrong though. :grin:

It could be better for me.. :sadnew::tongue:

Doesn't look very promising. Not very much new pieces, simple constructions, simple minifigs.

I especially don't like the two blushing faces.. There won't be a lot of moc's in which these can be used I think :sceptic:

The only nice thingies are the small presents under the Christmastree :cry_happy: These are stunning!

The pirate adventcalendar will be more worth buying than this for Christmas :grin:

Kenny.

The set is really brilliant. I really love it. But the minifigs somehow suck for me, no printed torsos, and those bloody short legs, i hate them.

Cant wait till it comes out :classic:

Here's a size comparison for the toy loco:

snip

For not building the train correctly you Fail!!

I didn't say my model was a genuine copy :wink:

Here's a corrected model (Mr. Picky):

3830091602_1b7a3c6a4f.jpg

I know about the funnel being wrong - I couldn't find 2 1x1 rounds in a pair of colours - besides, I think It looks better for a switch base :classic:

[edit: I know my collection might be large, but I had trouble finding the matching colours to build THIS loco...]

Edited by Matt Dawson

If we are really picky then also this one has more points where it is not the same :wink:

But I guess it is meant to say something about size, and in my opinion it is not too bad next to an adult lego figure.

Even next to one with the child legs it would look good.

Omg light up chirstmas star!

Do you really think that the light brick is there to light up the Chistmas star, nadnerb112?

I doubt that since I doubt that it'll be possible to include the light brick inside the tree and connect it with the star on top that the star will really glow.

I more think that the light brick will be place in the upper room of the toy shop.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Is there any news about this set? When will it be available? And only via S@H?

Is there any news about this set? When will it be available? And only via S@H?

Brickset reported that Lego shops are saying it will be in stock in the next few weeks and that one store already has a display version hidden out the back. They also reported a pric eof 31.50 pounds, which seems ridiculously cheap to me.

Yes, it is a Shop at Home (and Lego Stores) exclusive, as indicated by the 10XXX set number, although sometimes these come to retail stores a long time after the release date, but this being a seasonal set, i wouldn't hold my breath.

Just a quick update for you guys,

Most LEGO Stores in the US received a display copy about 2 weeks ago. The light-up brick is in the house up in the second floor where the shopkeeper makes his toys. I think we are expecting to see it show up at the stores sometime in October.

MLB

Most LEGO Stores in the US received a display copy about 2 weeks ago. The light-up brick is in the house up in the second floor where the shopkeeper makes his toys. I think we are expecting to see it show up at the stores sometime in October.

Very cool since there were some speculations about the light brick. Cannot wait to buy this one. Will definately be a part of the Christmas decoration this year! :classic:

This is a set I've been waiting for. Not to buy immedietaly but to see a review o here and then make my decision. It is a bit expensive, but I'm used to paying Star Wars piece per dollar amounts so I'm getting used to it.

Just a quick update for you guys,

MLB

Thank you very much for this information, einsteinonthebeach! :classic:

I even thought that the light brick has to be placed in the upper room since in the room downstairs there has to be place for toys and the Christmas tree is too small to have room for a light brick inside.

Since you say that the upper room is where the shopkeeper makes his toys I wonder how much interior there might be since there is already the light brick which needs a lot of space (plus I bet that the battery box is placed next to it inside the small roof (above the shop)).

I can't await to see more pics and a review and then to finally buy this brilliant and :wub: set! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That is pretty funny! He probably realized after he landed that he had a choir engagement to attend to and didn't have time to change. :tongue:

Edited by Kliq

LOL, maybe he is supposed to have that torso. It wouldn't be totally out of the question, I mean an airline pilot can carol.

Still, good catch.