baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

Dont really post in Trains & Town but I like the looks of this set. Great part selection and some really cool looking minifigs (which I presume most of their faces are new). I really like the singer in particular they have really good detailing

edit: what is the power functions symbol for?

There is pf light available in the set. However, it is still guessing where the light will be. The only place where room would be available is in the bottom of the tree, or somewhere in the house ...

There is pf light available in the set. However, it is still guessing where the light will be. The only place where room would be available is in the bottom of the tree, or somewhere in the house ...

I think the light will be in the house. Anyway, great set which I surely will buy :classic:

Edited by Er!k

This looks more than good! :thumbup: The minifigures are good, those singing people can be used for many things. I wonder who will come up with the dirtiest one :devil: , they look very good. The accesoires and trees are excellent. As said before, the house looks a bit random. It's a big pile of random colors, but maybe it will look better in person. I sure hope so!

More kids + more female minifigs + Lot of details + Geppeto(lol)+ Singing faces + Light Brick + Christmas feel = The best set for now!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

O_O

Man, that christmas tree and the kids and the singing couple is so much awesome. Well done, lego! This has got to be the classiest set ever made. Sorry if that smiley is spam, it's not meant to be.

And randomparrot, how can purple have been discontinued? Purple is also in TCW Mace Windu's lightsaber and the food stand in the Cairo Swordsman set.

I thought purple was discontinued?

Left over Penguin pants!

There's purple in the new Toy Story figs, so rumours of its demise are much exaggerated.

This actually looks quite good. I wish they would make holiday sets, I feel that nothing is done apart from sets that have to do with Christmas. I would be nice if there was a Menorah in one house and a (I'm nut sure what they are called) Kwanza thing in some other place so this could appeal to most faiths.

Unfortunately, no other faith has the universal marketability of Christianity and Christmas, so i doubt that this would happen.

The set looks great! I love some of the cool little things they've done to make it feel more wintry (the backwards bandanna's as scarves). I LOVE the christmas tree, its the kind of brick built thing that really looks unique. If its not too expensive, i'll pick it up.

Not a big fan of the light brick in the street light, seems like a bit of a gimmicky-thing so they can drive up the price.

With those carouselling O-faces I predict a rise in
MOCs :wink:

LOL! Now that you mention those would be perfect for that. :cry_happy::laugh::laugh::devil:

I think the light will be in the house. Anyway, great set which I surely will buy :classic:

I think so too, I have afew decorations where its a little house and you put a candle inside lighting it up so I think this will work the same way..

I thought purple was discontinued?

People panicked because they didnt use it much for alittle bit also the fact that purple is weaker then other colour bricks. :wacko:

I think this is legos best winter set by far. Any idea how much it will cost in USD.
Great set, for 100 USD worthy to buy.

:hmpf:

First off, I completely agree with you. I love Star Wars, so I don't know if the huge price tag is worth it. Like I already said, it might be the best City set, but I don't know if I'll get it. It's a factory set, so those heads might be on Lego factory or Pick-A-Brick. :sweet: I actually already asked if the star was new earlier in the topic. :laugh: To answer your question, no, it is not new, it's from Bellville. And you mean the tan thing under the tree right? That's a teddy-bear. :wink:

thats one strange teddy bear... wheres his ears? is the stud his nose?

Great set, for 100 USD worthy to buy.

This is currently on Amazon Japan for 8,000 yen here. That's about $80 U.S. Sets in Japan are always 10-50% more than in the States, so I predict it'll be about $70 or less in the States.

The minifigures are good, those singing people can be used for many things. I wonder who will come up with the dirtiest one.

My first thought was that they're making the "O-face." :classic:

I'm guessing the light brick goes inside the house rather than in the lamppost. I can't figure out how they would run the wires up the post itself. Putting the light inside the house makes this set even more reminiscent of those light-up Department 56 houses.

I really hope this is the start of a new product line of holiday-themed sets, and not just a one-off type thing.

I think the caroling faces look more embaressed, like someone being caught doing something. :wink:

But I don't know why Lego didn't just include a Scala teddy bear instead of that ugly brick built one.

Didn't read thru every single post, but the set looks very cool to me! Thanks to those who have posted pics.

First thing that popped into my mind was - Looks like a forgotten Harry Potter Hogsmeade Shop. With a little MOCing, it could easily fit there and/ or into a Medieval Village scene as well IMO.

Unfortunately, no other faith has the universal marketability of Christianity and Christmas, so i doubt that this would happen.

Christmas, yes, but this set (and all the other lego holiday sets) really isn't Christian in the least. Unlike Playmobil, which has done products with both secular and religious themes, TLC only has ever done sets that are based around the non-Christian symbols of Christmas (Santa, christmas trees, etc). But really, lets not try to get into a detailed debate about this, and just comment on the set. :wink:

I really hope this is the start of a new product line of holiday-themed sets, and not just a one-off type thing.

Oh, I agree. It would be great to see a big Christmas set every year, alongside the usual advent calender. And if this new set sells well, than we can probably expect that. :thumbup:

Edited by Grevious

I'm really on a Lego embargo at the moment. Like many of the rest of my countrymen, having to consider food, bill-paying, etc. in uncertain circumstances (albeit in my case not servicing debt as well). Nevertheless, I'm hoping I can allow some money for this. It's really amazing.

Surely the light brick, despite the PF logo, is just like those Exoforce ones? I.e. small button cell battery inside a 2 wide brick that has a bit you press to light it.

The carolling faces are nice - not perhaps so versatile but a nice addition to my options when arranging minifigs from my collection.

Edited by brickzone

Thank you very much for the additional pics, legomilk! :classic:

Perhaps the chimney is big enough so that the light brick fits in the chimney. That would btw imo make the most sense and be even the most supposably since we can't see the light brick in action on the official box art.

What do you think there'll be for interior?

Klaus-Dieter

Excellent set!

The snowman, the jester box, the classic trees, the christmas tree :wub: , the toys.

Is there something that it's not beautiful?

The design of the toy shop really gives the feeling of a traditional shop. Just look at the vitrines!

The whole set definitely has that christmas holidays feeling-spirit. A must buy for the upcoming winter! :thumbup:

P.S

About the light brick, I too think that it's going to be placed inside the shop just like Darth_Legois mentioned. Maybe behind the upper big left window.

O Elato, o Elato, m'aresees pos m'aresees!

(Sing it in the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree"). :wink:

Wow how beautiful and lovely!

And the light in it make this set to 100% must have.

:thumbup:

I hope that my Lego store of my confidence get this.

With those carouselling O-faces I predict a rise in
MOCs :wink:
:laugh: Somebody has a few issues they need to work out.
I wonder who will come up with the dirtiest one :devil:
I wonder how many people thought of that immediately after seeing the faces?
There's purple in the new Toy Story figs, so rumours of its demise are much exaggerated.
And in the Cairo Ambush set, as a canvas canopy, which is already availabe.

Those rumors have been proved wrong for a while now, I think. It's just a little rarer than most colors.