baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

Such a nice set!

It has that nice family-time-Christmas effect.

I especially like toys beneath the tree, it reminds me at my childhood, the racer is great, and that Joker-in-the-box is jus perfect. I used to frighten my grandmother with that toy :laugh:

Thank you very much for these pics, Alywin! :classic:

Didn't I say that it is a toy shop?! :grin:

This set looks so :wub: :wub: :wub: - it's without doubts one of the best City sets ever!!!

I'm really surprised that there's a light brick included and even batteries for it.

I think that the light brick is placed in the little room upstairs and the battery box in the roof on the right side.

I hope that the shop itself (downstairs) will this time include a cash point - but I highly doubt it since it's very likely that the only interior are the two toys shown in the windows. :sceptic:

Btw: Can you detect what the toy in the right window is?

I think and hope that it won't be more than 80 Euros (10193 includes 1601 pcs. and is 100 Euros - and 10199 includes 815 pcs. but batteries and a light brick). How much do you think it'll cost?

I will buy this set for sure and am hoping that we'll get more winter sets in the next year! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think and hope that it won't be more than 80 Euros (10193 includes 1601 pcs. and is 100 Euros - and 10199 includes 815 pcs. but batteries and a light brick). How much do you think it'll cost?

Looking at the fact that this will be a Factory set, I could imagine 80€ will be it.

Nice set, btw.! :wub:

I wonder though, what kind of brick the ornament above the blind is. Looks like rails... :wacko:

T first I thought this set was over priced and would be kinda lame, but now it looks like the best City set ever! I must have those singing heads! and look at those two purple lightsaber blades that the skiing girl is holding. What is the snowman's scarf made out of?

wow! nice pictures!! i was very much looking forward to these! two 2 faces, i think thats a new star piece, im not sure. thats a nice cape with red under it, alot of pieces, and nice mini-models liek the train. i still have absolutely no idea what that tan thing is... any one know? this set looks awesome for small insignifficant pieces, i want it, but... will this really be worth it to me?(a castle and pirates fan) i mean i could use it for a red coats villager toy store, but 70$ isnt really worth it to me.

wow! nice pictures!! i was very much looking forward to these! two 2 faces, i think thats a new star piece, im not sure. thats a nice cape with red under it, alot of pieces, and nice mini-models liek the train. i still have absolutely no idea what that tan thing is... any one know? this set looks awesome for small insignifficant pieces, i want it, but... will this really be worth it to me?(a castle and pirates fan) i mean i could use it for a red coats villager toy store, but 70$ isnt really worth it to me.

First off, I completely agree with you. I love Star Wars, so I don't know if the huge price tag is worth it. Like I already said, it might be the best City set, but I don't know if I'll get it. It's a factory set, so those heads might be on Lego factory or Pick-A-Brick. :sweet: I actually already asked if the star was new earlier in the topic. :laugh: To answer your question, no, it is not new, it's from Bellville. And you mean the tan thing under the tree right? That's a teddy-bear. :wink:

Wow, that is a pretty imaginative set. Really love the look of it and all. I know which set I want to save up for this holiday season, haha! Thanks for the pictures.

Looks like a really nice set. It will make a really nice Xmas present to myself. Now to wait to find out how much it will be to NZ Lego fans. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wow, that looks great!

Now I want this set so badly for Christmas. :tongue:

I'm hoping that it's going to be around $60 USD, not around $80, since the modular house sets are priced much lower than the usual price-to-parts ratio. :classic:

Wow I have to say I'm impressed with this set. The light up lamp post, trans-yellow star, trans-purple skiing poles, and the new caroler faces are all great aspects of the set. I just wish that the house was a little bigger, more like the size of MMV.

Do I spy a new torso on the already awesome male caroler?
Nope, it's suprisingly the City Airplane Pilot's Torso.

Unfortunately. Hopefully this is a preliminary design.

Those singing faces will be nice. I can see it now, a Lego opera. :laugh: I also like how the boy is afraid of the cat. I'm also glad that this set and other 2009 city sets are using the short legs so often. They have been around a little while and they really add diversity to a city population. I'm getting this to build on Christmas day for sure.

edit: what is the power functions symbol for?

Edited by Tom Bricks

This looks like a great set. I am going to get one for sure. :wub: On the box pic, why do they need to have that kid with the helmet aiming snowballs at the kitty? Poor kitty lol.

This set is adorable. All the aspects of Christmas rolled into a bundle of rosy cheeks, snow and presents. I just love it! Such a brilliant set, I'm glad to see TLG is getting an clue and making more 12+ sets for the AFOLs out there.

If you look closely, in the shop's window, there's a train and a robot!!! This set is simply lovely, full of new stuff!!! :classic:

This is shaping up to be a very nice set. It really looks like it's been deliberately designed for AFOLs. Great work TLG! :wub:

I wonder though, what kind of brick the ornament above the blind is. Looks like rails... :wacko:

Isn't it two of these?

32251.1103861011.jpg

I hate to ask dumb questions, but are those Sandy's Helmet-domes on the streetlamp?

Isn't it two of these?
That's what it looks like. (Then again, I'm half blind, so what do I know :laugh: )

With those carouselling O-faces I predict a rise in

MOCs :wink:

Let me Grinchify this thread! :devil:

I applaud the move away from straightforward Advent calendars as Xmas releases, and I love the lampposts, the studdy tree, the Belville star, and all the wonderfully clever mini gifts, but the toy shop looks like a mess of too many colours and parts - the kind of thing people always complained the Harry Potter sets used to be like (although they rarely were). Look at that shop! It has both black and white windows, the white Belville arch, bley Technic roofing details, dark red curves, dark bley log pieces... it's too random. The white plate slope roof looks sort of unfinished. It's a cute Xmassy MOC, but it's not an official set :sceptic:

Apart from the one new face, the minifigs are so-so, the usual City 'spare parts bin' approach. Half the torsos aren't even printed! Yes, they're getting lazy.

I would have liked it more if they'd kept the tree, toys and lamppost and made the shop a toyshop in the shape of a Gingerbread house or something more distinctively Xmas. They could have revived one rare colour (dark orange), made the overall decoration a little simpler, and still kept the festive feel.

Wow, This looks like a really great set! Making a toy shop instead of just another boring advent calender was a wonderful idea, and the end result is very cute and packed with cool acessories and decorations. I especially love the tree and the lamps, and the new caroler faces are just simply fantastic. :thumbup:

Man, the exclusives just keep getting better and better each year. I can't wait to see what's in store for 2010. :sweet:

This is shaping up to be a very nice set. It really looks like it's been deliberately designed for AFOLs. Great work TLG! :wub:

Isn't it two of these?

32251.1103861011.jpg

Actually, I think the decoration is made up of two of these in grey:

32199.gif

The new singers faces are a nice addition, i can think of plenty things they can be used for :classic: