baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

:oh3: That looks amazing! I WILL BUY IT

And guys I don't think it will cost $100 Japanese prices can be up to 3 times more expensive than the US, why doesn't anybody notice that? :angry:

Settle down, angry. :tongue: Several people have mentioned that.

This is stunning. I want this NOW.

I can see myself taking this apart and rebuilding it every Christmas as a family thing.

How awesome is this set! The Mrs loves Christmas decorations, I love Lego, match made in heaven!!!! Seriously, this is a fantastic set. With a bit of luck, Lego should release some more of these sets in the coming years to do the whole Christmas Village thing. Hopefully this set wings it's way to Australia, just in time for Christmas!! I also hope it's less than $US100. (Did I mention it was awesome?!)

This set looks great.

Is it just me or is this the best year ever for Lego. So many awesome sets to buy . Lucky i'm not poor .

Edited by alex12

Green Brick Giant, what would you think is a good price for this? Seriously, what would you like to see it at? I think this is a great little set, and with all the minifigs and extras...it's just a great set into a new subtheme.

$50

Yes I know it has several smaller trees and this and that, but really it's just a very small building and that's it. For $100 we get two nice buildings, a big tree, and extras in Castle Marketplace.

So $50 I think is the most for that set, but I know it won't be that.

This doesn't look more than 350 pieces. But I'll be willing to bet it'll land in the $70-$80 USD range, seeing as there are 9 minifigures (including the snowman). I can see it in the $60-$70 range as well, but think that's less likely. I definitely wouldn't believe this was $100. $100 sets are pretty big, and this just isn't that large.

:oh::oh: What a great design. I'll have to get this one, but I can't imagine this being more than around 50-70€, since it's too small being a 100€ set, thinking about around 400-600pcs. on that one. At 100€ I won't get it, or break down and getting it anyway, looking at that awesome design. Wish it would be late autumn as soon as possible, not only because of being a ski and snow addict. (just 25 Trips last winter vs. 11. in 07/08), but almost no Lego, since my money is eaten up by the expensive skiing trips. I'm still planning rebuilding some CAD ideas, but I just don't find enough time.

Nice ideas for a winter theme would be a chairlift (1 or 2-seater) with 9v motor and Mountain Structure. Still having somethin like that on demand, but I'll need a small hill to put it up when built, like some books or next winter a snow pile in the garden, since I'm lacking enough pieces to make a proper mountain from lego bricks only.

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

Hope it wont be so expensive.

If not i will buy 4 or 5 of it.

Keep one as the original and use the others to fit it in with the cc styles. Would be a nice 2 ans 1/2 floor building in 16 wide. Candystore and appartment.

This actually looks quite good. I wish they would make holiday sets, I feel that nothing is done apart from sets that have to do with Christmas. I would be nice if there was a Menorah in one house and a (I'm nut sure what they are called) Kwanza thing in some other place so this could appeal to most faiths.

I'm fine with only Christmas sets. I mean, Kwanzaa doesn't even have anything to do with faith--one just has to be of a certain ethnicity.

Anyway, this set is incredible! I was considering asking my wife for a Space Police set for Christmas, but I think I might ask her for this one (she'll appreciate that)

The picture is sourced from the japanese Amazon web-site, and not just from the cache either, but from the product page, which includes price, shipment date etc. Amazon is not known for fooling around with their web-pages, and if they put it on there it's as good as a product-confirmation, second only to having it announced by the supplier/factory itself; in this case LEGO.

So no, I seriously doubt that is a fake.

this is not a fake. as previously posted, this is from Amazon Japan. if u go to the link and scroll further down, u can see the Advent Calendar sets. should be for end of this year. 1 of which is a Pirates theme.

back to topic. Great set the Xmas house!! I am defo getting 1!! :thumbup:

Are you sure it isn't a fake? You can see photoshopping is used in the picture.

The photoshopping is, indeed, poor. I'm surprised that we have got a white-background picture, not a box-front picture too.

What makes me think that this isn't the finished product is the Christmas tree. At the top, under the 1x1 cone, I'm assuming there is a travis brick (1x1 brick with studs on 5 sides). However, the 1x2 plates with 1x1 plates on the sides are not fully pushed down - they're at an angle. Either this means a new piece, or is a draft - preliminary, or the finished set, but not finally photographed and photoshopped.

Besides that, I'll end up getting it on sale if anything, as the full price ($60 plus, at a guess) will be too much for the usage I can get for it compared to pirate/castle sets of the same value.

The lampost glass orbs don't look like crystal orbs - are they Sandy space helmets? That would be very useful.

Are you sure it isn't a fake? You can see photoshopping is used in the picture.

it is real. our Indonesian club has put pre-order on this set with our local LEGO distributor and scheduled to arrive in November.

The lampost glass orbs don't look like crystal orbs - are they Sandy space helmets? That would be very useful.

That's what they look like. It's a nice way to get two of them too, I can't wait.

Does anyone else realize what this means? Notice how Fire Brigade is 10197, and this set is 10199?

See that there is still a space for a 10198? :wink:

That means we might get another special set! :sweet:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :laugh:

Does anyone else realize what this means? Notice how Fire Brigade is 10197, and this set is 10199?

See that there is still a space for a 10198? :wink:

That means we might get another special set! :sweet:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :laugh:

From this thread - 10198 is apparently to be "SW Tantive IV Blockade Runners".

This Christmas set, 10199, should be more than enough mind you!

Any news yet on this set? Will it become available at the S@H web site?

I would love to have Lego's Christmas Train circling this little set. Perhaps Lego will offer more for a village. One can probably add it to Medieval Market as well.

I think it's a tad bit early to ask for that, but i'm pretty sure it will be.

I could well imagine that TLG will reveal this awesome set at BrickCon. Somewhere earlier it was said that it'll be shipped after October 25th.

Perhaps Lego will offer more for a village. One can probably add it to Medieval Market as well.

I partly agree with you, TheBrickster.

As for the combination of the brilliant MVV with this awesome set: imo that really doesn't fit - only look at the bloomy conifer in the 10193 and the snowy baseplates in the 10199. :sceptic:

But I totally agree with you that it would be amazing to get more winter sets! :oh: Perhaps to create a whole little winter village with shops, a ski hotel, a piste, a mountain rescue HQ, ... :wub::wub::wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Again, not my own discovery, but just forwarded from some other HK AFOL (from HKLUG) fan's findings. The pictures are originated from somewhere called "happinetonline.com" which seems to be a Japanese website:

- formal name: Winter Toy Shop

- 815 bricks (which is more than I originally expected), with a light brick included!

- Available in October 2009 at that Japanese website

1_0673419121828_0.jpg

1_0673419121828_4.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Alywin

Just the lights and those singing faces make a must buy of this set! :cry_happy: Please, God TLC make it available in Spain!

Edited by BlueBard