baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

Beautiful! :wub:

This makes up for the less than impressive than Advent Calendar for City. It's nice to have a larger scale Xmas tree whichis brick-built and the house is delightful.

However that Jester hat is on the list with those trans Bionicle eyes as 'Most Overrused Piece of 2009' :sceptic:

Oh man I hope this is less expensive than some of the other exclusives, because I so want this!

So many useful pieces and bits for me, and eight minifigures! (Ten if you count the snowman and jack-in-box) Plus, it would be my very first scarf piece! And what looks to be a dark red cape could be cool!

And that building construction is brilliant!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

What a fantastic set! It's filled with so many great minifigs, parts and details that I'll have to try and get it! :classic:

The only sad thing that I can see is that the man doesn't seem to actually put the snowman's nose on and will be left in the cold with the carrot wondering why there isn't a connection point for it. :cry_sad:

I had previously thought that for 100 USD this set looks small but all of the details it makes up for it. I believe that the things under the tree are supposed to be gifts for the children, too bad they didn't get any Lego. I like the base of this snowman more because it is more rounded.

If you were made of LEGO would you want to get LEGO for Christmas? :laugh:

The set is NOT going to be $US100.

We already know from the pricing of the Carousel (and everything in the else in that catalogue) that there is no direct correlation of exchange rates :wink:

If you were made of LEGO would you want to get LEGO for Christmas? :laugh:

I guess that would be like getting a box of people for christmas, not something I would want. I could be nice if they had a printed tile of the sets box art.

The set is NOT going to be $US100.

We already know from the pricing of the Carousel (and everything in the else in that catalogue) that there is no direct correlation of exchange rates :wink:

:wub: My 2009 lego budget couldn't take another big set.

thats cool i like design of the house. it certainly has that christmas charm :classic:

That might well be, Hinckley!

I took another clearer look at the cottage and now I think that it is - a toy shop! :oh:

Reasons:

First of all I thought that there is a coffee machine in the left window downstairs. But do you see these three1x1 thin round grey bricks + the black round brick + the 1x2 thin transp. brick + the 1x3 thin red brick = mini locomotive! :wub:

And seeing those two biy toys (the jester and the teddy) it makes sense that they do not only appear under the Christmas tree but can be added to the interior of the cottage.

Klaus-Dieter

I assure you that the Japanese description does indicate it is a toy shop. But anyhow your observation to note the toy locomotive is brilliant! :thumbup:

Now this is a NICE set.

I SO want this.

As for the comment about the Jesters hat being overused, I dont agree with that (mostly because I own zero of them).

Its only been used in a handful of sets (nowhere near as many as the bionicle eye piece)

Oh my GOSH. This is great! I can't wait to get this. And I have to agree, more Christmas Village LEGO sets!

Oh my GOSH. This is great! I can't wait to get this. And I have to agree, more Christmas Village LEGO sets!

I hope theres more christmasy sets! This looks awesome! :thumbup::cry_happy:

I love the little shop, Looks so cute! :cry_happy::wub:

And the stuff outside is good, Love the huge tree. I wonder if its going to be like TRU exclusive, Also im assuming this'll be out by Christmas? :wub:

Also im assuming this'll be out by Christmas? :wub:

According to Brothers Brick its

Due to ship in Japan on October 25, 2009

At least in Japan. :sweet:

According to Brothers Brick its

At least in Japan. :sweet:

Ok thanks

I think im going to Japan in October! .....Sweet............. But probable early October..oh well... :cry_sad:

A wonderful set with lots of details. I'm looking forward to its release in Europe. By the way, I can't imagine it'll cost more than 50 euro. It's pretty small.

Wow! This set is awesome! I love all the little details. Oh and about the pricing isn't amazon always a little weird about their pricing?

Do you think that apart from the toy shop downstairs there'll be some interior upstairs, too?

Hopefully there'll be at least a cashpoint downstairs.

Some more sets in addition to this awesome set would be brilliant! Then we could build up a complete little winter village! :oh:

A (ski) hotel, a little cafe/restaurant, a snowy family house, a cable railway (with PFs) and a bakery with gingerbread pieces would be amazing! :wub:

Plus of course some more regular sets such as a piste, a Rescue HQ, a snow mower, a pisten bully, ...

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Wow, thanks for finding that set, baby! :sweet:

It looks like a really good set for Christmas.

I hope that it will be released in the U.S., cost around $60 (like what The Brothers Brick said), and that we will see more of these types of sets in the future. :classic:

That christmas tree looks absolutely badass. Finally, I've found a use for all those various extra little pieces. In fact, I'm feeling a contest/challenge potential to see how well people decorate that tree (or a LEGO christmas tree in general).

:oh3: That looks amazing! I WILL BUY IT

And guys I don't think it will cost $100 Japanese prices can be up to 3 times more expensive than the US, why doesn't anybody notice that? :angry:

This set is absolutely beautiful, thanks for the pic. I'm hoping it's around $100 AUD, then I can justify getting it from shop at home by buying two (shipping is crazy in AUs for S@H). To someone that has grown up in a country where Christmas day is usualy very hot, there's something so appealing about snow and ice at Christmas time.