baby

10199 Winter Toy Shop

Want it. Will have it. 100%. LOVIN IT!

P.S.: Hinck, I also hope that this will be the first one of a lot more christmas sets in the years to come... what a WONDERFUL surprise by LEGO!

Edited by TheOtters

It looks very very promising.

But the price around 100 usd looks quite expensive for this set.

But it`s beautiful :classic:

What a fantastic set! I love the Charles Dickens-like architecture of the house. A complete Christmas Village along this variety would be awesome, and a nice display for the holiday. This set is definately a keeper! I'm glad I picked up a Christmas train last year, that will make a nice addition to a Christmas scene.

Lego has really been turning out some great sets. It's just hard to focus on one theme with all these superb sets.

8820 Japanese yen is preorder price for 30% off with free shipping,

the original price is 12600 Japanese yen (~130 USD) and will ship on Oct 25, 09

according the marry-go-round experience, the price should be lower in the US

8200 Yen ~ 65 Euro

12200 ~ 90 Euro

;)

Edited by msehuang

Beautiful! It´s a must have. I usually don´t miss christmas in the summer, but now I do:)

8820 Japanese yen is preorder price for 30% off with free shipping,

the original price is 12600 Japanese yen (~130 USD) and will ship on Oct 25, 09

according the marry-go-round experience, the price should be lower in the US

*huh* I have to say I think the price conversion is off here. I can't see this being a $130 USD set. I'm going to guess $60 tops...

Wow, I have to agree that this really is a fantastic set. I wouldn't have even recognized it as an official set if it didn't have a number with the name, it looks more like an excellent MOC - kinda like the modular townhouses.

I'm not sure if I can afford to buy this set this year, though, I have so many other sets to get as well. We LEGO fans sure are spoiled this year with many exquisite sets! :grin:

Is that arch piece on the upper half of the building new? Seems like I haven't seen it elsewhere though I could be wrong.

Is that arch piece on the upper half of the building new? Seems like I haven't seen it elsewhere though I could be wrong.

It was in the Diagon Alley sets for Harry Potter...

I just noticed the jack-in-the-box. Cute...

Much like the star on top of the tree, it's an old Belville piece. My daughter has tons of Belville stuff, and she's got five or six of those arches.

I LOVE the idea of an ongoing Christmas Village theme. Kinda like those ridiculously overpriced Department 56 light-up houses.

My word this set is amazing, I love all of the little details like the decorations and the JackintheBox, might have to get this instead of the Advent Calendars this year... :cry_happy:

Wow. Just wow.

I've been planning to build a diorama for this christmas that will be displayed at the local bank, and been wondering a bit on how to do the snow-covered roofs. I see a solution here, and maybe also a bit of inspiration too. Hmm... yes, those roofs are very nice.

Thank you very much for that pic, baby! :sweet:

I've been wanting them to make a set like this for years. A Christmas decoration! I could always make my own snow village, but that detracts too much time for serious building. I really want them to make an entire Snow Village line... :sweet:

I totally agree with you, Hinckley!

This is the set I've been waiting for years now, too! :thumbup:

This set looks absolutely :wub: :wub: !

Only a carriage for Santa Claus pulled by two reindeers is missing. One more snowy house would have been nice since the way it is now it looks a bit lonely. A snow mower or a motor slide would have been a great addition.

Nevertheless it looks perfect! :oh:

The accessories us stunning! Hopefully the interior of the cottiage will be that detailed, too, but regrettably I fear not. :sceptic:

The minifig combination is awesome: two men, two women and three kids! :thumbup: Now Lego City does not still die out because of missing offspring! :grin:

I surely will buy this lovely set!

So I hope that we'll get some additional winter sets as regular wave in January!

Some questions:

Does someone see what happened to the jester? He looks so strange - not really like a regular minifig!

What do you think there'll be for interior in the house? A chimney similar to one of the two in the awesome 10193 MVV is very supposably, don't you think? Do you see a coffee machine in the right part of the left window downstairs, too?

Can you detect what the man with the bowler hat and the woman with the lomg coat wear in their hands?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I like this set but its kinda allot of money. I'm undecided about this one maybe for Christmas. I like this snowman better than the other one but what is the man in the top hat holding? An acordian? I think the jester is a jack in the box.

After taking a second look I believe that the two people in the front are holding caroling books. Maybe we get some singing heads. And we get a rare white baseplate!!!

I think this has swayed my decision- I am getting this set for Christmas.

Edited by Tom Bricks

I like this set but its kinda allot of money.

From where do you know that, Tom Bricks?

We don't have got a confirmed price yet. But it surely can't be more than 80 Euros/Dollars (since the awesome 10193 MVV includes one more minifig and one more buidling plus the buildings in this set are much bigger than the one in the brilliant 10199 Christmas Cottage).

Since there are more minifigs included in this set like in the regular City sets with the price class of 70 Euros/Dollars but no vehicles I bet that the price will be aroung 70-80 Euros.

I like this snowman better than the other one

Really?! Imo the snowman is the only element in this set which looks bad.

I think the jester is a jack in the box.

So you mean that this curious jester "thing" and even the tan "thing" next to it are toys for the kids?

After taking a second look I believe that the two people in the front are holding caroling books. Maybe we get some singing heads.

Yes, Tom Bricks, when I look again at the picture I must say that it seems so!

Klaus-Dieter

I'm not much active in this part of the forum but I saw it at the Eurobricks Frontpage.

And I really like this set, it has some great pieces in it and there are a lot of funny Christmas things in it.

A bit early perhaps but I want to have it! :sweet:

Kids on skis! Is that tan thing a teddy bear?

From where do you know that, Tom Bricks?

We don't have got a confirmed price yet. But it surely can't be more than 80 Euros/Dollars (since the awesome 10193 MVV includes one more minifig and one more buidling plus the buildings in this set are much bigger than the one in the brilliant 10199 Christmas Cottage).

I had previously thought that for 100 USD this set looks small but all of the details it makes up for it. I believe that the things under the tree are supposed to be gifts for the children, too bad they didn't get any Lego. I like the base of this snowman more because it is more rounded.

Kids on skis! Is that tan thing a teddy bear?

That might well be, Hinckley!

I took another clearer look at the cottage and now I think that it is - a toy shop! :oh:

Reasons:

First of all I thought that there is a coffee machine in the left window downstairs. But do you see these three1x1 thin round grey bricks + the black round brick + the 1x2 thin transp. brick + the 1x3 thin red brick = mini locomotive! :wub:

And seeing those two biy toys (the jester and the teddy) it makes sense that they do not only appear under the Christmas tree but can be added to the interior of the cottage.

Klaus-Dieter

What a simply awesome amazing set that had somehow made me awake from my slumber. :tongue:

I am very impressed with the christmas festivity design along with the whole cool range of minifigs and parts. I love this set so much. In fact, I am very sure that this could be a limited Christmas edition special, similar to what we had, few years ago with regards to the Holiday Train. This is a very lovely surprise.

Am I looking at a white baseplate?? :wub:

Those kids on ski are just great. :thumbup: