Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Port Legend

This isn't so much my own creation, but rather a display of some Legends/Hard-To-Find Castle and Pirate sets. These images are a few years old after ordering from LSAH.

The Armada Flagship on its way to Black Falcon's Fortress:

water.jpg

Passing by Port Legend. There's the Blacksmith's Shop and the Guarded Inn along the docks. Hey look, there's Phes waiting for his ride. "Don't let him on", the sailors yell!

town2.jpg

A closer look at the busy port:

close-up.jpg

The sun has began to set as the Armada sailors load their cargo:

portatnight.jpg

This looks terrific!

I've been thinking of using some non-LEGO accessories myself because I simply don't have enough/the right bricks to create certain "landscaping".

What were you using back then? Model railroad stuff?

Passing by Port Legend. There's the Blacksmith's Shop and the Guarded Inn along the docks. Hey look, there's Phes waiting for his ride. "Don't let him on", the sailors yell!

LOL!

Here you see how you can have a GREAT collection with just few sets....

These are really Legends...

greetings from Serbia

Here you see how you can have a GREAT collection with just few sets....

These are really Legends...

greetings from Serbia

Thanks. Appreciate your comments. I've collected a lot of sets over the years, but these are some great Legends. Also, I think they work well together.

This is awesome!

I loved the realistic wooden dock you set the port on.

And of course all the sets pictured are some of the best sets lego has ever offered.

I don't yet own an Armada flagship but it looks like a very good ship.

I gotta get me one someday!

What is that wooden dock made from? And where can I get an Armada Flagship?

ebay or bricklink

always happy to help :-)

There must be two threads for this MOC because I'm sure I've posted about this before yet there are no posts by me in this thread... Until NOW!!!

Anyway, I too am curious as to what the dock is made from and the raised terrain that the Black Falcons Fortress is situated upon. Brickster, shed some light on the subject if you're about (or even check this forum).

The dock is just a small wooden platform with some attached wooden pillars. It conisits of two pieces, one large square piece and the other thinner sloped piece.

The mountain is styrophone similar to the old train tunnels.

These were part of a Christmas village scene that I purchased to display these sets. I think it came out pretty well as I didn't have the pieces at the time to build them in Lego.

These were part of a Christmas village scene that I purchased to display these sets. I think it came out pretty well as I didn't have the pieces at the time to build them in Lego.

Yes, they came out marvellously well! Pitty you didn't have a blue sheet or cardboard to conceal the background though!

There must be two threads for this MOC because I'm sure I've posted about this before yet there are no posts by me in this thread... Until NOW!!!
it seems these images were shared in this thread

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=4611

Phes, could you be refering to this one ???

Actually no, that's not the one I was thinking of. If I recall correctly when The Brickster first posted this MOC he created a thread in the then LEGO Castle & Pirates Forum and one in the My Own Creations Forum, but since the threads have been moved about. I'm not entirely sure where the other is these days.

Thats the one Brickster! Congratulations, you've had two quite successful pirate threads about the same thing. Its interesting to see the response a thread can get months after it has disappeared from view which is why I'm very laxed about old threads getting bumped. Often the resurgence of responses provides new and interesting information the first time the thread did the rounds, but in this case the newer users get to experience Brickster's special pirate moment! :-D

This MOC must be of high popularity for it to have 3 threads and still get this many responses. But this isn't really a pirates MOC for the Armada Flagship looks to me like the one the Lego factory has from the box. It is the castle on the top right that looks of a personal creation but I see caslte minifigs on it wheras it could be an imperial fort.

None of these are MOCs as the first message indicates; but rather a display of Legend sets. The castle on the right is the Guarded Inn. The building behind it is the Blacksmith Shop, and the castle on the left (mountain) is the Black Falcon Fortress. Also within the original display (not pictured) was the Caribbean Clipper.

I always wanted to make a port scene and had purchased these sets as Legends. They're an example of how one can combine themes and also use non-Lego pieces/props to help display and highlight various sets. In addition, the entire display used mini lights that included lamps on the doc and strings of lights on both ships.

I'm a bit of a lego purist. I don't normaly like mixing lego and nonlego elements even compatable bricks.

I do however like to make mocs as realistic as possible. I may try to make this dock in lego form. It'll be fun :-D

If you look at the LEGO catalogues (from 1989 to 1997) when pirate sets appeared in them you'll notice that all the terrain and water beyond the sets wasn't made from LEGO. Obviously the sets had to be isolated so it was clear to the consumer what was set and what was background, but I think the combination of of non LEGO in displays works well.

I'm a bit of a lego purist. I don't normaly like mixing lego and nonlego elements even compatable bricks.

I do however like to make mocs as realistic as possible. I may try to make this dock in lego form. It'll be fun :-D

It's ok if you've got a very large quantity of pieces to build the mountains and the water; but without, using other elelments helps display your sets. I also wanted lights which Lego hasn't done for years. I've got two but not enough to light up the port and the ships. The scene looked very neat at night.

It's always been the blinds. I took the pictures before I learned all the photo tricks that I've picked up over the years. One day, I may re-create.