Sign in to follow this  
Lockt

Lockts Layout 1

traintech1.jpg

Edit by Hinckley: Lockt, please check out this tutorial and resize these pictures before adding them back in. They are way too large and members with slower connections will have trouble viewing the topic. Thanks.

I would like to present you my first layout. It is constructed mostly from original lego sets, which I had since I was a kid plus the new generation city lego picked up in the last 2 years.

Since quite some time I fell in love with large event built layouts with elaborate landscape. As a kid I never built a single MOC, but I wanted to try it; so I demolished my castle and pirate sets and I did my first attempt on a MOC ever. It is the central piece of my layout and I call it: Brick Rapids Mountain:

brick_rapids.jpg

After a lot of positive reviews from members of EB, I bought last month Cafe Corner and Green Grocery. I believe these sets are awesome! Every positive word spoken about them is 100% true and more. I created a mainstreet with them, combining them with Town Plan buildings and Creator Houses:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lockt/la.../downtown-1.jpg

The entire Layout consist of a central cargo train loop and train track that connects the 2 stations I have: one Down town near the main street and one near the International Airport:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lockt/layout1/airport.jpg

After the enjoyment of building the Brick Rapids Mountain I started with a second MOC. Although many houses have garbage cans and 2 garbage trucks come to collect them, there is nowhere to bring the garbage to. This MOC is a combination of a combustion chamber and a landfill. I am not very happy with my choose of the colour black and I believe I should have added some grey in it. What do you think?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lockt/layout1/garbage.jpg

My little town is still to be expanded. This year some awesome buildings are planned and I have still space for the Blue Market. But my builders will make sure a lot more is built in my city:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lockt/la...opment_area.jpg

More pictures in my Brickshelf folder: link (when moderated)

Hope you enjoyed. Comments are more then welcome! Please don't hesitate to comment my MOCs, since it is my first attempt to built something that is not original.

Edited by Hinckley
Covnerted large pics to links

Thanks for sharing these great images of your layout Lockt. I just love your Brick Rapids Mountain. The mountain serves as a great focal point, esp. the waterfall that adds nice color and creativity to your creation. I also can't help to notice Rocky River Retreat - I love that set and regret not buying it a few years ago when I saw it at a reasonable price on BrickLink.

I've been wanting to add a second layer of train to my small layout, but due to the lack of table space, it's very difficult. I'm really impressed with how you added your mountains. I'm interested in seeing how you created the front area of track where there are no mountains. Raisers perhaps? I'll check your link when the images are available.

Overall, very nice. Thanks again for sharing! :thumbup:

Just have looked at your brickshelfaccount and I'm impressed with your collection. Also you have the first piratesets. You've seen mine?

I like your layout. Great idea to let the train run above your town. And you've set 7715. And the green grocer with cafeecorner are not placed in the middle of your town, good choice. Otherwise all attention will go to those 2 big buildings. Do you've break your layout down form time to time? I see a bed and I guess someone sleeps there.

Lockt, thanks for sharing your great layout with us. It's very creative and enjoyable. I've converted all but one of the pics to links, because the pics are too big. Our Site Guidelines state pictures should be no larger than 800 x 600 pixels. I added a link to a picture resizing tutorial in your first post. Thanks again for sharing your layout with us. I look forward to seeing more from you! :sweet:

Wow, that's quite a collection you have there. Like Brickster, I like how you worked Rocky River Retreat into your MOC'd mountain. That was one of my favorite sets as a kid, and it's great to see it on your layout.

If these are your first MOCs, then I think you've really hit the ground running. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing these great images of your layout Lockt. I just love your Brick Rapids Mountain. The mountain serves as a great focal point, esp. the waterfall that adds nice color and creativity to your creation. I also can't help to notice Rocky River Retreat - I love that set and regret not buying it a few years ago when I saw it at a reasonable price on BrickLink.

Creating the mountain around Rocky River Retreat was something I wanted to do from the first moment I thought about this project. I love this set very much and it is now the first part of the path up my mountain.

I've been wanting to add a second layer of train to my small layout, but due to the lack of table space, it's very difficult. I'm really impressed with how you added your mountains. I'm interested in seeing how you created the front area of track where there are no mountains. Raisers perhaps? I'll check your link when the images are available.

Overall, very nice. Thanks again for sharing! :thumbup:

Actually my 9V loop is not much bigger then yours (image in your signature). The slope I used is already quite steep but in the end I didnt reach the floor anymore. So now the entire loop is now elevated, but only on the other side its I think only 2 bricks from the ground; low enough to let the ramp incluided in 4561 to be easily adapted and usable.

Just have looked at your brickshelfaccount and I'm impressed with your collection. Also you have the first piratesets. You've seen mine?

I have seen your layouts, very inspirational to be honest. Didn't see your Pirates though, are they on brickshelf? I was a big fan of the Pirates when they arrived.

I like your layout. Great idea to let the train run above your town. And you've set 7715. And the green grocer with cafeecorner are not placed in the middle of your town, good choice. Otherwise all attention will go to those 2 big buildings. Do you've break your layout down form time to time? I see a bed and I guess someone sleeps there.

My second love as a kid was trains, but getting this train at the age of 4 (!) made my cash position not so adequate to buy more in the marvelous 12V system. I had motorized 7715 with a battery set, but the motor is broken, so here you see the unchanged push along version.

When guests stay to sleep I will have to break some parts down; a good excuse to modify parts. It is the first time I have created a layout so I cannot answer your question yet, but I think I will break it and change it (hence the "1" in the title)

Lockt, thanks for sharing your great layout with us. It's very creative and enjoyable. I've converted all but one of the pics to links, because the pics are too big. Our Site Guidelines state pictures should be no larger than 800 x 600 pixels. I added a link to a picture resizing tutorial in your first post. Thanks again for sharing your layout with us. I look forward to seeing more from you! :sweet:

Sorry for the trouble, will take care of that next time myself.

Thank you for your comments!

Sorry for the trouble, will take care of that next time myself.

Thank you for your comments!

It's really no trouble. Thank you!

And no problem for the comments. It's a very excellent layout.

Here's the link of my pirates sets. I've placed them on a table, which is placed in my layout.

I need to make new pic's in my current layout, oopsie.

Here there are in my last layout. I will make new pic's soon.

d_-_all_piratesets_from_1989_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

d_-_all_piratesets_from_1989_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

d_-_all_piratesets_from_1989_-3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and sharing! Looks very cool how you've added in the waterfall and stairs leading to it. Keep up the great MOC's!