Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

VOC Ship...

I was going through B-Shelf and look what I found. It a pretty big ship named VOC :-D , but it's kinda low on crew. It's made by some Dutch guy (I guess...).

When I saw the thumbnails I thought it was a model ship, the sails certainly make it look unlike Lego.

I think the body need a bit of work, the deck seems to be a bit untidy as well so this could be a WIP.

Jon.

This ship is quite a beast! What are the sails made out of?

Aye. I very fine ship indeed.

I believe it's just lined paper.

This ship is quite a beast!  What are the sails made out of?

Aye. I very fine ship indeed.

I believe it's just lined paper.

Yes, I believe you are correct and how effect it is! Too bad about the sails on the stern, they're a bit crumpled the way paper crumples, but other than that its a very good effect indeed. Although it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get these sails wet!

What an awesome ship! Very good to see something in a more solid color(nothing wrong with multi-coloured ships though!). I like it! Great find!

Multi-coloured ships can be a bit too pretty for my liking. Take the Armada Flagship for example... I think that had a few too many colours. Still its a nice looking vessel but maybe the green was unneccesary, considering it also had red and yellow in addition to the blue and white colour scheme. However the red and yellow was consistent with the design of the sails.

VOC stands for Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie.It was a 1600-1800 organisation in the United Kingdom of Netherlands (Not the UK,but Belgium,Holland and a small piece of France).

They travelled to Indonesia and other countries to negotiate and trade.

As for the ship,i like it!

Thats an interesting piece of trivia Mr Kahgarak, where did you pick that up? And does what Verenigde Oost-Indische mean in English?

Thats an interesting piece of trivia Mr Kahgarak, where did you pick that up? And does what Verenigde Oost-Indische mean in English?

Translating via german it should be something like "United East Indian Company".

But why did you go on hiatus?  Weren't we good enough for you?

You kidding?! I haven't posted that much on any other message board I'm registered with.

No, I was busy, came home late, had to a lot of home improvement (which I hate), and if I was on I had so many threads/posts to catch up with that by the time I was done I didn't wanna post anymore. And there were maaaaaany SW-and-other-theater-stuff related threads/posts which I'm not that interested in. Then the City sets came out which caught my attention, of course, and the pirates/castle gang talked about stuff I couldn't add much to.

Oh yeah, and I did go on vacation :)

Of course I'm kidding! But I did notice that you haven't posted in the Pirate (& Castle) Forum for a while...

For above mentioned reasons. But I'm flattered that you noticed, busy person that you are ;)

Absolutely! Upon week days I ride the exercise bike 70 minutes a day, run 90 minutes and lift weights each day . Today I did a granny run which involves visiting all my grannies and mowing their lawns and watering they plants and paying their newspaper bill. I went to the supermarket too and had a major eBay paying session since there were a few auctions I needed to pay for. I also watched TV for a couple hours, did those pesky chores like the good old dishes and taking the garbage, recyling and compost out, and I still find the time to respond in all these threads...

[lots of time] and I still find the time to respond in all these threads...

Considering the time at which you post I'm not surprised. Or is this a game of "Which statement(s) is/are wrong?"...

No idea what you mean Hobbes... I post at all hours of the day... Which reminds me I'm due for sleep right about now.

Anyways, Hobbes what do you think of this VOC ship?

No idea what you mean Hobbes...  I post at all hours of the day...

Emphasis on "all", and "all" meaning "all 24"...

Anyways, Hobbes what do you think of this VOC ship?

I like it. I like that it looks like a real ship color-wise. Reminds me of the small-scale plastic models I built as a kid. I never painted them cos I thought they looked better unpainted. Although the colors were one of the aspects that made the BSB so "attractive" here it's the lack of. I like the way he used the 1x2 handles as a rail. The sails look good, too, although you're right when you say those at the stern crumble too much, and in general they could use more rigging. But that's a pain to do so and can be forgiven. I can't make out too many more details, but overall I think it's a very nice MOC.

Yes, the ship does look realistic colour wise - well more realistic than the majority of official LEGO ships and MOCs we've seen, but perhaps its also a littel bit boring. I dunno, maybe its just the pictures...

Thats an interesting piece of trivia Mr Kahgarak, where did you pick that up?

School.I'm Dutch,LOL.