Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 3

I'll come with you if you like, I'm sick of being accused of lying to people. I'll make a dynamic movement to the loco - unless you have other reasons for speaking with him...

Well the conductor can't really give me the full tour of the engine, and besides there may even be burn't remains of Elizabeth in the boiler!

So I would rather prefer Steve, but you are welcome to come.

Can't take the heat here so you are coming up front to the boiler eh?

I'll dynamically move along, and maybe you could show me the lockers on the way. That might clear everything up nicely.

Well, even though it's not along the way, lets make that dynamic movement shall we?

Well, even though it's not along the way, lets make that dynamic movement shall we?

Excellent. That seems to clear things up. I just needed to understand how things are positioned, it was a little confusing before, but now it's all straightened out. I think I'll dynamically move back to the dining car and rejoin the group until time for more food. Isn't that all we do here, chat privately and eat food? :laugh:

Actually, he sort of answered part of it... apparently, only Eleanor has a locker, so he wasn't rifling through 'ours', but hers. Wonder what he was looking for in her things, and why he thought she had it ...
To lock that knife up - I have no secure place for it in my office (so I have been told :tongue: ). Didn't I answer that a few pages ago?

Lie! I know for a fact that it was already locked up when you went in there. One of your staff locked it up and then sat watch to make sure nobody went after it and you're the only one who did? So you went for the knife, and lied to us about it and didn't report back for duty last night. What are you up to?

Are you accusing me of lying sir? PM god if you aren't certain about the crew having them too.

You are lying! We have plenty of witnesses who know that knife was locked up before you went looking for it. What did you want with the knife, Conductor Max, if that is your real name??

Lie! I know for a fact that it was already locked up when you went in there. One of your staff locked it up and then sat watch to make sure nobody went after it and you're the only one who did? So you went for the knife, and lied to us about it and didn't report back for duty last night. What are you up to?

Correct, it was locked up. But only in my office - so I moved it to a much safer spot, a secure locker. Now the next person that calls me a liar, I'll put you off at the next stop1

You are lying! We have plenty of witnesses who know that knife was locked up before you went looking for it. What did you want with the knife, Conductor Max, if that is your real name??

If he did anything with the knife, he must have returned it because I have just seen it safely locked away in the crew lockers, which are in the same room as the passenger lockers. I'll admit, he's a little shady, but I'm not sure anything is really up there.

You know, if it's your knife, maybe you could prove that? I think your reaction to my speculation of whom it might belong to was a little out of the ordinary to the point of frantic, like you thought you needed to protect someone from suspicion. Are you worried about your dear Eleanor, since she was one of the three?

Correct, it was locked up. But only in my office - so I moved it to a much safer spot, a secure locker. Now the next person that calls me a liar, I'll put you off at the next stop1

You're still lying. I know where it was. :hmpf_bad:

We can't trust Conductor Max, people. He's a liar.

Other people who know this to be true, feel free to step in and back me up here...

You know, if it's your knife, maybe you could prove that? I think your reaction to my speculation of whom it might belong to was a little out of the ordinary to the point of frantic, like you thought you needed to protect someone from suspicion. Are you worried about your dear Eleanor, since she was one of the three?

Can't prove it. Why would I want to anyway? But, since I knew it was my knife I didn't want you accusing other people falsely, so there. :tongue:

We were told it was locked away, then moved to the locker for safer keeping. You spent the whole time with the rest of us, then constructing your underpants-trap. If you know something that sheds light on the situation, share it, but as I recall someone saying previously, it isn't a good idea to go around accusing people without evidence, and so far, we haven't seen any.

Other people who know this to be true, feel free to step in and back me up here...

Maybe he is. Maybe you are. Someone is clearly either a liar or crazy. Since Herman isn't man enough to just share his evidence, would one of your others please do so and allow the rest of us to determine what he does or doesn't know for certain.

Can't prove it. Why would I want to anyway?

Because you're an obsessed nerd who doesn't get around girls much, then falls in love with the first one to put you down, despite how clearly she's made it that she doesn't have any interest in your advances.

Or maybe I'm wrong here. Eleanor, are you hot for Herman? :laugh:

But, since I knew it was my knife I didn't want you accusing other people falsely, so there. :tongue:

Yet not enough to just say, "it's mine."

I see. :hmpf_bad:

To lock that knife up - I have no secure place for it in my office (so I have been told :tongue: ). Didn't I answer that a few pages ago?

The thing is that we only have your word for this, and I have received information that points to the knife already being locked up in the lockers, as Herman has attested to. From what I can see, you went in there with the intention of doing something with the knife. Until you can provide some evidence that you were not up to no good, I feel I can trust my other sources more.

Of course, if you are telling the truth and you were moving the knife from your office to the lockers, which includes the assumption that three people have lied to me, which I highly doubt, then it brings up another question; why were you moving the knife at 3 in the morning? And also, why did you not turn up for your shift, and what were you doing instead? Max, your story really doesn't add up, and I must say I don't feel very safe on board this train at the moment with you in possession of the key to that locker.

Herman told me the first time we talked that the knife is his. With nobody else disputing this, I am happy to believe this. I also believe that it was dropped out of his suitcase as it was carried onto the train, although whether accidentally or intentionally I'm uncertain. What I did note however was that you, Max, tried to blame the presence of the knife on myself or Arin, without any evidence whatsoever. Why was that? A whim? Or did you have a more sinister reason? Did you go through Herman's luggage and remove that knife? Because I am highly doubting that it feel out by itself. :sceptic:

This has certainly put a damper on the trip, hasn't it? I hope we can sort this situation out soon, because I want to get back to the cards...

and I have received information that points to the knife already being locked up in the lockers, as Herman has attested to.

*snippus maximus*

Hmm, that does put things in a new light. Perhaps we could move dynamically to my cabin, or wherever you'd like, then get back to our game and hope our luck has changed.

Or maybe I'm wrong here. Eleanor, are you hot for Herman? :laugh:

Excuse me, we're trying to have a significant and private conversation here! :angry:

But to answer your question, if I haven't made it perfectly clear yet, YES! ... I mean, NO! Dammit!

Excuse me, we're trying to have a significant and private conversation here! :angry:

Cranky. :hmpf:

I'd have jumped under a carriage if I was engaged to you, too. :look:

But to answer your question, if I haven't made it perfectly clear yet, YES! ... I mean, NO! Dammit!

I wish the two of you all the luck you deserve. And will need. :laugh:

Oh, Greaseman... You better wish I'm not the raving, murderous lunatic this train is bound to have. :wink:

Now, Arin, where were we? Did you perchance know this Elizabeth Thornton that invited us here?

But to answer your question, if I haven't made it perfectly clear yet, YES!

:sweet:

... I mean, NO! Dammit!

:cry_sad: Aw, nurts...

What?? *huh*

Dynamic Movement: Bring Arin to my cabin to show her my spelunking book.

What?? *huh*

Dynamic Movement: Bring Arin to my cabin to show her my spelunking book.

He's referring to the fate of my poor fiancé that I just "privately" revealed to Arin.

Anyhow, I'm not done talking with Arin, so I'm dynamically moving wherever she goes.

He's referring to the fate of my poor fiancé that I just "privately" revealed to Arin.

Anyhow, I'm not done talking with Arin, so I'm dynamically moving wherever she goes.

Yay! She's coming to my cabin! :wub: I'm the only guy on the train with two ladies in my cabin. This is the best trip ever! New friends. Ladies. :cry_happy: I don't ever want to leave!

Hmm, that does put things in a new light. Perhaps we could move dynamically to my cabin, or wherever you'd like, then get back to our game and hope our luck has changed.

Certainly, if you wish. :classic:

All this seems to be leading us round in circles. Bulldog needs action! A card game will have to suffice for now.

Dynamically moves to the card game wherever it is.

*Drunkenly wakes up* What do you know? A Texan CAN get drunk! But least we don't get hangovers!

Anyway, I heard about the last half of conversation so it's obvious to me who the bad egg is: Herman! It's always the one you least suspect, and weak, dependant Herman is hiding something, I highly doubt his shenanigans last night were just what we heard, if at all!

So yeah, I'm pointing the finger at you partner! Where is he?

Vell, vot have we learned?

a) The killer of Eleanor's fiance is probably aboard this train, whether he or she is aware of it or not, and no doubt her thirst for revenge needs to be slaked by murder, bloody murder, nothing less and nothing more;

b) Confirmed nerd in group girly action shock!

Now, if there is nothing else, I will start work on the dinner menu :classic:

*sung the the tune of 'Xanadu'*:

A fillet where nobody dared to go, the taste that causes a warm glow

They call it Caribou

Caribou, Caribou.... whooo-ooooooh....

a) The killer of Eleanor's fiance is probably aboard this train, whether he or she is aware of it or not, and no doubt her thirst for revenge needs to be slaked by murder, bloody murder, nothing less and nothing more;

b) Confirmed nerd in group girly action shock!

Eleanor's fiancee is dead? How? Was it really murder? Was it here on the train? What is going on?

Dynamic Movement: Meet Schmelt by the lockers to discuss an important matter.

a) The killer of Eleanor's fiance is probably aboard this train, whether he or she is aware of it or not, and no doubt her thirst for revenge needs to be slaked by murder, bloody murder, nothing less and nothing more.

Ah, this clear up a lot. I'm still going with Herman as the culprit.

Also Schmelt, mind if I just lie hear till my head clears?

Eleanor's fiancee is dead? How? Was it really murder? Was it here on the train? What is going on?

Dynamic Movement: Meet Schmelt by the lockers to discuss an important matter.

Well, I assume since the staff could be heard discussing the knife, we could hear Eleanor's conversation about her fiance? Ze cat is out of ze hag, as they say.

Yes, Austin, you can lie anywhere you like except.... there.

:laugh:

I'm still going with Herman as the culprit.

Culprit of what? Nothing has happened. Unless I'm being accused of being a nerd, and I'm really more of a dork. Nerds don't have friends. I have friends. :sweet:

I wonder if Ms. Thornton's valuable possession is on this train and perhaps in her locker. If so, we know that she was on the train at some point, but was detained before she could meet all of us. Who on staff would know who is utilizing a locker?

Currently there is one locker in use by Eleanor, but it is nobody's business, including the staff's, what she holds in there. I can confirm that there are seven lockers in the luggage car- one for each of you passengers. This also says something about you, Max. I'm not pointing any fingers, but what were you doing in the luggage car in the dead of night? You couldn't have been moving the knife- those lockers are reserved for passengers. Also, I know that you have a perfectly secure area- your desk in your room (of the staff car). Yesterday, Schmelt locked it up in your desk, which was safe enough.

The only reason that you would have been sneaking off in the middle of the night to the luggage car is to search Eleanor's locker. I'm sorry, Max, but you are very suspicious right now, and I suggest you clear this up.

Can't prove it. Why would I want to anyway? But, since I knew it was my knife I didn't want you accusing other people falsely, so there. :tongue:

So you claim the knife? May I ask why you brought it along? While I agree that Max is suspicious, you seem eager to point fingers. I've known and worked with Max for a long time, and he may just be confused. You also have been having many, many private conversations lately. Are you trying to get to the bottom of this, or are you making ties with everybody possible so that you look like the good guy when another incident happens?

No disrespect intended, my good sir, but it is our duty as the staff to protect everyone aboard this train.