Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 3

UPDATED MOVES:

- Schmelt, Herman, Mark, Max, and Austin talking in the Dining Car

- Eleanor works on her crossword puzzle in the Dining Car

- Greaseman talking with Arin privately in Dining Car

- Bulldog left the Dining Car with Brakes to go see the Engine.

- Jim Butcher went to the Luggage Car, Steve following...

So, Herman, I heard you got up to a weird stunt last night.....spill.

Yeah, sorry about not getting to the engine - it seems I need to be a little more specific with night moves. :tongue:

As compensation, I'll head there now.

Dynamically moves to loco 10194

Thanks so much for the tour of the brakes Brakes, its good to see everything is ship shape, and it was great to relieve some family memories of trains! Those brakes sure don't change much over the years.

Dynamic Movement to talk to Steve Thomas in his cabin.

Thanks so much for the tour of the brakes Brakes, its good to see everything is ship shape, and it was great to relieve some family memories of trains! Those brakes sure don't change much over the years.

No problem at all. It was great speaking with someone whom are familar with brakes and stuff like that.

By the way, did anyone seen Mr Max? I need to get the schedule from him.

*heard somewhere*

Perhaps he went to the engine room.

Dynamic movement: Walks back to the engine room and speak with Max.

Those brakes sure don't change much over the years.

Them's the brakes, kid. Ha-ha! See what I did there? Oh, my Euro-wit. It amazes even me.

I am so happy to see all you boys getting on so well now, with the constant goings off for intimate chit-chats and private tours of enclosed spaces. Magnifique! I wish I could say the same for the femmes, but they seem to prefer to keep to themselves. It is so nice to have a, how you say, feeling of fraternitie aboard this train. Indeed, apart from that one incident yesterday, it has been a pleasure-ride for all. And just look at that San Remo countryside pass us by! Tres beautiful!

The LUNCH menu has now been announced. Today we will be dining on hearty vlaamse stoofkarbonaden (Flemish beef and beer stew), served with fresh-baked sourdough bread, with a strawberry and kirsch mousse for dessert.

The LUNCH menu has now been announced. Today we will be dining on hearty vlaamse stoofkarbonaden (Flemish beef and beer stew), served with fresh-baked sourdough bread, with a strawberry and kirsch mousse for dessert.

That sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. :sweet:

So, anyone want to play a game of something between now and lunch? I know I do. What about you Herman? Are you keen?

That sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. :sweet:

So, anyone want to play a game of something between now and lunch? I know I do. What about you Herman? Are you keen?

Fine partner I'll play.

...What is it?

Fine partner I'll play.

...What is it?

Ah excellent! :sweet: I'd be happy to play Poker perhaps. Or anything really. Does that sound good? I think it does. :grin:

Anyone else want to join?

Well, it was lovely speaking to you, Arin, I hope we can share the opportunity again soon. :classic:

I shall now dynamically move over to the guys, who appear to be preparing for a game.

Anyone else want to join?

Deal me in if you don't mind, but I'm not very good. If we're going to bet, let's keep it penny ante.

Deal me in if you don't mind, but I'm not very good. If we're going to bet, let's keep it penny ante.

Certainly Grease, you're in. :sweet: That makes four of us, so we can get started if you like. Anyone else is of course welcome to join. :classic:

Pulls out a deck of cards, flips them out and does a few fancy shuffling moves, then begins dealing.

I brought along a set of chips as well. I knew I would need them! :grin:

A set of poker chips is placed on the table and divided out, and the game is begun.

You know Eleanor, if you'd like to feel more safe and can make you a snare out of your bras and panties. Mine worked great. So great, in fact, it ensnared Mr. Grease who wasn't even trying to enter my room. Would you like that? Shall I make you a bra and panty serpentine self-propelled snare? I bet it would be pretty. :blush:

I swear, if that creep so much as even touches my lingerie, I will cut his hand off. :angry:

Hmm, where did everyone go, out of a sudden? Oh well, I'm almost done solving this crossword puzzle, anyway...

Here's a picture with a man stabbing another with a knife... Six letters, ends with an "e" and an "r"... DAGGER? STABBER? No, too long...

Ah! ...MURDER!

*smiles by herself*

So, what's everyone's reason for coming to this lovely trip? WE already know Herman's! :laugh: No offense taken I hope miss, we all disapprove of poor Herman's actions, but it's obvious he's very....special....

So, what's everyone's reason for coming to this lovely trip? WE already know Herman's! :laugh: No offense taken I hope miss, we all disapprove of poor Herman's actions, but it's obvious he's very....special....

I was under the impression that all you passengers were invited by Elizabeth Thornton.

Don't you all know her?

Perhaps you should tell each other how you came to get an invite, perhaps there is some connection linking you all that you are as yet unaware of.

Just a thought :look:

Dynamic Movement to talk to Steve Thomas in his cabin.

Uhh sure Dynamic Movement: My cabin to talk

(If i die its his fault! :tongue::grin: )

Dynamic Movement: Go to staff car.

Does anyone need anything? Drinks for you poker players?

I'm very tired after getting up in the middle of the night. I'd like to make a dynamic movement back to my cabin for a nap. I'm going to sort through some of those rock samples while I'm there and I'm not going to need any help this time. Sorry, I'm just cranky when I don't sleep.

It is 10:30 in the morning aboard the Emerald Express. The passengers and crew are beginning to have many "private conversations" as they walk about the train snooping for clues and information. The mysterious Elizabeth Thornton was never met aboard the train, althoug her name did appear on the guest list. A knife was found laying on the floor of Passenger Cabin #2, and quickly locked up in the LUGGAGE/SUPPLY CAR by Brakes and Shmelt.

A "penny-annie" poker game has begun in the Dining Car between Mark Williams, Austin, Greaseman, and Herman. "Looks like another game of D&D between the nerds", Arin states before walking out of the car. Seems she gets a little cranky without much sleep. "Here, throw these 20-sided dice at her and let her add these to her rock collection", Mark chuckles. Austin shares his straight flush before asking, "another round gentelman"? grabbing the small pot of money once again. "That makes 5 consecutive rounds", Greaseman adds, "how's he do it". "It's all in the cards", Austin responds. After sharing some light-hearted "Euro-wit" with the passengers, Schmelt begins preparing lunch.

A light rain begins to fall on the Emerald Express's windows and the sky begins to turn dark. Conductor Max says that there may be a storm brewing outside. He then excuses himself to go to the Engine. Herman adds, "there's no bathroom there", Captain. Brakes follows quickly.

Bulldog has asked to speak with Steve privately in his quarters. Steve accepts and chuckles as the two men leave the Dining Car as Austin wins another round. Jim Butcher also leaves to the Crew Car offering more drinks.

And the lonely Ms. Eleanor finishes her crossword puzzle, the last word being M.U.R.D.E.R... :skull:

I swear, if that creep so much as even touches my lingerie, I will cut his hand off. :angry:

I'm officially done being nice to you. :hmpf_bad: Unless you change your mind and want my help. :blush:

My Mom tells me that too. I like you, friend.

I'll play poker too. I've read a lot of books about it. :grin:

But before I join poker. Dynamic movement: Mark, Brakes, would you like to take a stroll with me? I'd like to go back to my cabin and get my dice and cards. The train should be going over Aventine Gorge. I know you guys would both be interested in seeing that. :sweet:

But before I join poker. Dynamic movement: Mark, Brakes, would you like to take a stroll with me? I'd like to go back to my cabin and get my dice and cards. The train should be going over Aventine Gorge. I know you guys would both be interested in seeing that. :sweet:

*shouting from the front cabin*

I heard you Herman. You know I love to play dice more than cards. I will join you guys in awhile, once I had settled some adminstrative stuff with Max. :classic:

I'll play poker too. I've read a lot of books about it. :grin:

Certainly you may. If you wish to join now I might as well go get another pack as a spare, so I'd be happy to take a quick walk. I'll be back soon guys.

Dynamic Movement: Go with Herman to fetch some more game stuff and see the Aventine Gorge.

That Austin, I really don't know how he keeps winning all these games. :laugh: And I thought I normally had all the luck... *grumble grumble* Walks out of Car accompanied by Herman (and possibly Brakes).

*after finishing her crossword puzzle, Eleanor sits in the Lounge Car, fiddling the engagement ring on her finger*

Hmm, where did that Arin-woman slip off to? She seems like the only sensible person aboard this train. I think I'll go to check if she has returned to her cabin...

Dynamic Movement: to knock on the door of Arin's cabin.

Hahaha! Never try to beat a Texan at a card game!

I was under the impression that all you passengers were invited by Elizabeth Thornton.

I was referring to the reason why they took the invitations Shmelt, you eaves gossiper! :tongue: