Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 3

Nighty night... sleep tight... Don't let the bed bugs bite... :skull:

"Working on mysteries without any clues... Working on the Night Moves"

At 8:00 am, an extremely tired group of seven passengers and five crewmen stumble into the Dining Car like half-dead apocalypse zombies in search of coffee and tea.

It has been a most unrestful night for them during their sleepless night filled with dynamic Night Moves.

Sitting within the Dining Car as Schmelt brews some smooth Columbia Sierra Nevada coffee, they eagerly share their Night Move antics with one another.

- Reenactment -

Midnight: Herman waits for most of the others to sleep, then gets busy. He starts by tying a bright neon-pink Wham bandana with the words "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" around his forehead as he places camouflage green makeup below his eyes in Rambo-like fashion. Mission Impossible music begins playing through the Emerald's speaker system. Herman proceeds by pulling out all his "tighty whities" from a drawer tying each together to form a very long brown skid-marked rope; elongated by too many atomic wedgies. He sets a trip-wire snare with his not-so-whities in front of his cabin door as he sits upright in bed like a scene out of Leonardo DiCaprio's "The Beach".

12:01: "Brakes" knocks on all the Crew Cabin doors waking up the entire Train Car. He tells them he'd like to have a "chill-out session" over some waffles in the Dining Car. "Haven't you had enough Eggos for vone day", Schmelt tells him before all four doors are slammed in his face. The loud banging almost trips Herman's skid-marked snare.

12:55: Steve Thomas walks through the entire train making sure everything looks good, before beginning his shift in the Engine. He discovers nothing unusual.

2:00: Schmelt enters the Luggage/Supply Wagon where he ducks out behind some large Eggo boxes. He waits...

2:31: Conductor Max sneaks into the Luggage/Supply Wagon and opens one of the lockers with his master key. Schmelt shines a flashlight in his face as the two men look at each other with surprise and distrust. They return to their cabins.

3:00: Mark Williams sneaks into the Dining Car for a "midnight snack". He looks around, enters the kitchen, and begins eating an Eggo.

3:01: Austin sneaks out of his room quietly and walks through the Dining Car where he passes Mark Williams. "Howdy Pardner", he says to Mark with some surprise. Mark offers him an Eggo before the two men return to their rooms.

3:15: Arin Schafer sneaks out of her room (Passenger Car #2) to have a closer look at the location where the knife was found (just a few feet from her room). She gets down on her knees to look at the carpet closely.

3:15: Greaseman sneaks out of his room (Passenger Car #1) toward the Dining Car. He does not see Arin on the floor of Passenger Car #2 and trips over her falling to the ground. His head hits Herman's door causing the "Tighty Whitie" trap to snare! Herman lunges toward Greaseman and the two begin to wrestle in a pile of underwear until both are wearing them on their heads. An amused Arin can only laugh at the nerd fest as she begins humming "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". Around 3:30, they all go back to their rooms still laughing over the underwear wrestling session. :laugh:

3:33: Jim Butcher sneaks out of his room to the Dining Car. He looks around only to find some waffle crumbs on one of the tables.

4:30: Eleanor Grigsby is suddently awoken by "Bulldog" who pounces on her bed like a big 220 pound lap dog. He pins her down and asks her repeatedly, "Are you a man or a woman?... are you a man or a woman? I can spot a lyer"! Eleanor is able to get away, picks up her face that she placed in a jar by the door, and looks at Bulldog only to say... "I'm not a man, I'm just lonely". Bulldog leaves her room with his tail between his legs ashamed at what he had done.

5:30: Eleanor still can't sleep as she listens to the Beatles song Eleanor Rigby on her I-Pod. She grabs a crossword puzzle and proceeds to the Observation Car/Lounge where she waits until morning.

6:00: Brakes wakes up and checks the Engine. He finds Steve Thomas there sound asleep. After waking him up, Steve realizes that Conductor Max had never relieved him.

"More coffee or tea anyone"? Schmelt asks...

( :laugh: x 100 - Brilliant )

:sweet: This is the best vacation ever! What an exciting night. I wrestled a prowler and kind of won! :sweet: This is a real adventure and I'm making friends! Wahoo! What's for breakfast? Any Eggos left? :grin:

Dynamic Movement: Sit at a booth with Mark and Bulldog, Schmelt and Brakes to have Eggos and a private conversation. I think the four of them can really give me some good advice on how to get Eleanor's attention.

Good morning everyone, it's had been a great peaceful night. :thumbup:

Gotten to know some nice people down here, and a start of a brand new day. I heard we had an exciting night. I wonder where is Schmelt. I hope he is preparing breakfast for all of us. :grin:

Tea, please, Schmelt. Thanks!

Well, the idea of taking a tumble had occurred to me, but it wasn't Herman I had in mind. :blush:

You know, for a nerd, you put up a pretty good fight.

Hmmm... The conductor was seen opening a locker with his master key, then disappeared to his room without ever relieving Steve of duty? I think I'd like to dynamically move to his cabin to see if he's ok. I'd prefer to go with someone, if any of you are as curious as I am about his odd behaviour.

*hums a song as she enters the dining car*

"All the lonely people, where do they all come from..." Oh, morning, everyone!

I had the most peculiar nightmare last night. In my dream, you, Mr. Bulldog Baxter, came to my cabin and assaulted me, accusing me of being a man!

*giggles, then stops*

Wait a minute...

Morning all, sounds like some people had an exciting night! :laugh:

I could do with a good breakfast, then we need to decide what to do for the day. I vote we have an all-out D&D game. I think I already have my team sorted! :sweet:

Morning all, sounds like some people had an exciting night! :laugh:

I could do with a good breakfast, then we need to decide what to do for the day. I vote we have an all-out D&D game. I think I already have my team sorted! :sweet:

Morning partner! Would you like to have breakfast with me first?

Dynamically moves to the dining car: Good morning everyone! How are we all? Seems We all had a busy night! And you'll be pleased to know that I have the knife locked away properly now, and what a relief it was to go somewhere in th train without every man and his dog wanting to follow me! :hmpf: And sorry about not relieving anyone in the engine, just it seems like the voice in the sky didn't want me to do so... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Anyhow Shmelt, banana pancakes with golden syrup sounds good.

Who's up for that game of Aussie Hold 'em we missed out on yesterday due to the knife shenanigans?

:sweet: This is the best vacation ever! What an exciting night. I wrestled a prowler and kind of won! :sweet: This is a real adventure and I'm making friends! Wahoo! What's for breakfast? Any Eggos left? :grin:

No, someone ate them all. And left me crumbs. :hmpf_bad:

I could do with a good breakfast

:hmpf:

Anyways, I could go for some more coffee, please, Schmelt. Oh, and I wanted to speak to you...

Dynamic movement: talk to Schmelt privately.

*hums a song as she enters the dining car*

"All the lonely people, where do they all come from..." Oh, morning, everyone!

I had the most peculiar nightmare last night. In my dream, you, Mr. Bulldog Baxter, came to my cabin and assaulted me, accusing me of being a man!

*giggles, then stops*

Wait a minute...

( :laugh: )

You know Eleanor, if you'd like to feel more safe and can make you a snare out of your bras and panties. Mine worked great. So great, in fact, it ensnared Mr. Grease who wasn't even trying to enter my room. Would you like that? Shall I make you a bra and panty serpentine self-propelled snare? I bet it would be pretty. :blush:

*Glances over to Mark and Bulldog :sweet::thumbup: *

Good morning everyone! How are we all? Seems ye had a busy night!

I've done quite a bit of reading about railroading, Conductor Max and it seems to be against railway regulations to not relieve a conductor from his duty. What were you up to that preventing you from fulfilling your duties? Should we compile a complaint? I'm concerned about our safety. :look:

*Glances over to Mark and Bulldog :sweet::thumbup: *

I've done quite a bit of reading about railroading, Conductor Max and it seems to be against railway regulations to not relieve a conductor from his duty. What were you up to that preventing you from fulfilling your duties? Should we compile a complaint? I'm concerned about our safety. :look:

Quite correct, and it is certainly against LEGORail policy too! However it seems that the voice in the sky didn't want me to relieve anyone from their shift. That's the best explanation I can offer.

Quite correct, and it is certainly against LEGORail policy too! However it seems that the voice in the sky didn't want me to relieve anyone from their shift. That's the best explanation I can offer.

OK, makes sense to me.

Looks like I have made an megablocks of myself in front of another lady! Sorry again Eleanor, its just I felt for sure you were a man! I really don't know my way around women all that well. I really don't know how to make it up to you.....

Dynamic Movement to sit with Herman and friends.

Another Dynamic Movement I would like to accompany Brakes to inspect the brakes on this fine train, being raised from Train engineer stock myself (my pappy was a 3rd generation train engineer/brakeman) I wouldn't want anything untoward to happen to us on our journey and I would just like to familiarize myself with our safety arrangements. Is this ok Mr Brakes?

Dynamic Movement: Sit at a booth with Mark and Bulldog, Schmelt and Brakes to have Eggos and a private conversation. I think the four of them can really give me some good advice on how to get Eleanor's attention.

Certainly, I will join you. It's not like I have anything better to do! After all, I am the chef and it is breakfast time! What else could I possibly be doing? :hmpf: In my experince, the quickest way to a woman's heart is through her stomach. Normally I would suggest a romantic breakfast in bed of champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate, but she probably has installed a satellite weapons defence system above her door now after last night's experiences. If you like I can chocolate-dip some Eggos for you and giftwrap them to really grab her attention! (Damnable Americans and their obsession with pre-made Eggos! *grumble*)

Dynamic movement:[/i] talk to Schmelt privately.

Yes, after I finish my other private conversation initiated at the whim of a guest, I shall certainly speak to you, Jim Butcher. After all, I have nothing else to do... Oh wait, what's that you say? I'm the chef and I have a backorder of 20 Eggos to cook? Really? *sigh*

Lunch and dinner menus will be posted shortly.

Hmmm... The conductor was seen opening a locker with his master key, then disappeared to his room without ever relieving Steve of duty? I think I'd like to dynamically move to his cabin to see if he's ok. I'd prefer to go with someone, if any of you are as curious as I am about his odd behaviour.

*wakes up again* huh wah where am I :look: .......the important part is he forgot to relieve me! Im tired.... :sadnew:

Dynamically moves to the dining car: Good morning everyone! How are we all? Seems We all had a busy night! And you'll be pleased to know that I have the knife locked away properly now, and what a relief it was to go somewhere in th train without every man and his dog wanting to follow me! :hmpf: And sorry about not relieving anyone in the engine, just it seems like the voice in the sky didn't want me to do so... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Anyhow Shmelt, banana pancakes with golden syrup sounds good.

Who's up for that game of Aussie Hold 'em we missed out on yesterday due to the knife shenanigans?

Umm....wake me up in 30 mins or so....or whenever breakfast is ready i dont kn-..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dynamic Movement: Go back to the crew car to catch up on some sleep .......zzzzzzzz

Well, the missing conductor mystery is solved, Herman has tried to get in Eleanor's unmentionables drawer (and mentioned them by name), and we're all scheming seperately and in small groups. Looks like another fine day of vacation.

Say, Arin, would you join me for a bit of private conversation over breakfast?

Schmelt, my good man, could you, perhaps, whip up some omelets? I'm as sick of these eggos as you are. :sick:

wake me up

... before you go go, cause I'm not plannin' on goin' solo ... oh god, it's like a horrible flashback to last night. :wacko:

Another Dynamic Movement I would like to accompany Brakes to inspect the brakes on this fine train, being raised from Train engineer stock myself (my pappy was a 3rd generation train engineer/brakeman) I wouldn't want anything untoward to happen to us on our journey and I would just like to familiarize myself with our safety arrangements. Is this ok Mr Brakes?

Why not? I could show you around as long you promised not to meddle around with those brakes, and leaving it to my care. I couldn't want the configuration getting messed up. I will assure you that the Emerald Express takes safety as our highest priority, and we will do our best to ensure that the best practice are in place.

Dynamic movement: Head to the engine room in front with Bulldog.

All are in the Dining Car in general conversation, except for the following:

- Jim Butcher is talking with Schmelt privately

- Bulldog leaves the Dining Car with Brakes to go check out the Engine

- Steve Thomas goes back to his room to rest

- Herman is talking with Mark after Bulldog and Brakes leave the Dining Car (but attempts to join Schmelt).

- Greaseman is trying the same with Arin

Well, the missing conductor mystery is solved, Herman has tried to get in Eleanor's unmentionables drawer (and mentioned them by name), and we're all scheming seperately and in small groups. Looks like another fine day of vacation.

Say, Arin, would you join me for a bit of private conversation over breakfast?

Schmelt, my good man, could you, perhaps, whip up some omelets? I'm as sick of these eggos as you are. :sick:

... before you go go, cause I'm not plannin' on goin' solo ... oh god, it's like a horrible flashback to last night. :wacko:

I will join you Mr. Greaseman, but if you hit on me, I will immediately discontinue our conversation.

Dynamic movement: Speak privately with Mr. Greaseman.

Schmelt, I'd like some coffee and a cheese omelet.

Pancakes, omelettes and fresh coffee have been served. Enjoy!

Thanks, Schmelt! :sweet:

Dynamic movement: Head to Luggage and Supply Car.

Ahhh that was a good rest, Mmm that coffee & pancakes smells good! *Takes some coffee & pancakes*

Thanks Schmelt! :thumbup:

Dynamic Movement: After finishing breakfast i'd like to follow the conducter just to help ect...

Dynamic Movement: After finishing breakfast i'd like to follow the conducter just to help ect...[/color]

??? I believe you are in your cabin trying to catch up on some sleep. The conductor is currently in the Dining Car.

??? I believe you are in your cabin trying to catch up on some sleep. The conductor is currently in the Dining Car.

I said wake me up when breakfast is served.... :tongue:

Oh and I meant follow jim sorry.... :blush: