• Spaniards!
    • Mermaids!
    • Privateers!
    • British!
    • French!
    • Blue Coats
    • Red Coats
    • Other (please specify)

what is the difference between red coats and British?

Redcoats for people who do not want to be British, But like Red Coats, However in this forum, Redcoats are british.

Why do you choose dirty, stealing, pillaging pirates, Blue303?

I am allied with redcoats. I like the color red. :pir_laugh2:

:cannon:

My alliance is to the Blue Falcons!

...or more specifically, to the Order of the Blue Falcon, guardians of Avione.

(a group I'm starting)

Avione, (my kingdom) resides in a Castle/Ninja/Pirate universe.

(if anyone wants to join, or learn more, contact me by PM, or, use the current email listed on my website(see sig))

Hard to decide. I don't make many MOC's, and almost never Pirates MOC's. For the rest:

-a Dutchman because of the mighty VOC, we once were the most powerful country on earth, and we invaded England; :pir-tongue:

-a redcoat because the Imperial Flagship is so awesome;

-a pirate for the adventure, and because there is nothing more funny than to destroy other ships, after you take all their properties of course.

I think, from the official factions, I go for the Pirates. I just saw Pirates of the Carribean, so maybe that helped me to decide.

Edited by Richie

I'm not sure whether this is suitable for a new topic, so I'll post the question here (if a mod thinks it deserves a topic of it's own they can spin it off).

What determines your choice for a particular faction (especially bluecoats versus redcoats)? I can understand the British choosing redcoats and the French choosing bluecoats, but what about users from other nations? Please share your thoughts about why do you choose to side with a certain faction? (and please keep the frogleg-eating versus tea-slurping jokes contained to the appropriate topic).

The British Redcoats of course.

A uniform thathas lasted over 300 years has got to be worth the wearing

Call me a bit Privateer, a bit Merc, a bit Independent Contractor, a bit "Hague Tribunal With Guns"--if I believe you to have conducted yourself in a "dishonorable manner", I got cannonballs with your name on 'em no matter what uniform you wear or what colors you fly, and I'll happily take the gold from all your enemies for the job of taking you out. Sometimes setting out to "do good" sees you do very well indeed... lol

Formerly pirate, currently hired by Governor Broadside's Bluecoats.

Meet my new sigfig: Richard ('Rick') Joseph Rose, former apprentice to Captain Redbeard aboard the Black Seas Barracuda. After the mutiny led by Rose, the BSB was added to the Bluecoat fleet. Rose now serves as a direct adviser to Governor Broadside and gets assigned to different regiments on an as-needed basis. So, if you feel you need Rose's services for your regiment, whether on land or at sea, please contact the governor's secretary...

rick_rose_large.jpg

If you want to include my sigfig in your MOCs, please do (note that the tricorn is brown)! :pir-sweet:

2544.png

3626bpx296.1116737665.jpg

2526.png

973p3n.png

970c00.png

2530.png

2562.png

Edited by Rick

I'm a Bluecoat. :pir_laugh2: If you don't have bluecoats, pick a innkeeper. :pir-sweet: Here you can see parts:

62810.jpg

3626bp03.gif

973p3bc01.jpg2530.gif

970c00.gif

Edited by Dr Kilroy