Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

Pirate Figures and Set Names

(...)

6285-Pirate Ship " Dark Shark"-<<Requin Noir>> le bateau des pirates-Groot Piratenship"De zeeschuimer"-Big pirate ship" The ZeeSchuimer"(Can't translate, it would be seafoamer?).

(...)

Zeeschuimer is just another word for pirate in Dutch ;-) .

I've stumbled across away to get the names from other countries! eBay!!! I've been looking at some German auctions by chance and whadda ya know - the sellers have put the names in German names, which obviously they should do since they're German!

6279 Pirateninsel

6254 Piraten Insel Bauanleitung

6256 Insulaner Katamaran

6259 Piratengef

I looked up some of the sets (1996's catalogue) and translated the Ebay names into English. NONE of the Ebay names are the actual German set names! Those marked red are older and I need to find a catalogue scan before I can translate them correctly.

6279 Pirateninsel (= "Pirates Island")

Catalogue name: 6279 - Totenkopfh

Thank you for your assistance Mr Apo! I suspected the eBay seller was probably using German translation of the US set names.

If possible, do you think one day you could scan your German (or any other country you may have) Pirate LEGO catalogue pages as eventually I want to create a resouce that has EVERY Pirate LEGO catalogue page from every catalogue from every country.

No rush though.

Me, i can show you spanish names of the lego Sets ;-)

I'll put the spanish name in spanish and in english. Then i'll show meaning is different

-US name->spanish name->translation of spanish name

-Black seas Barracuda->Barco Pirata "el tibur

Yes, that's very good Captain Roger! This is just what I was after! If you can get those catalogue scanned as well that would be even better, but what you've done has been excellent.

Hi all...

Previously I started a thread regarding the other or previous name of the BSB. Now does anyone out there remember the exact previous or other name of the Caribbean Clipper?

I think if I am not mistaken that it either was Blue Hawk or Seahawk, anybody out there with any info regarding this topic?

It was called the Seahawk, I think the US is actually one of the few countries it was named Caribbean Clipper in (just like a lot of other set names, but people mostly use the US set names for some reason).

Yep, Dark Shark and Sea Hawk for the ships. The ones that strike me as odd are "Governor Broadside's Boat" for 6245 Harbour Sentry, "Governor's Fort Sabre" for 6276 Eldorado Fortress and "Governor's Bastion" for 6265 Sabre Island.

Honestly, the US names are much better in the long run.

I've found some :pir-classic:

Number - Dutch name - Dutch translation - Brickset Name

1. 6232 - Griezel Grot - Shuddering Cave -Skeleton Crew
  2. 6236 - Troon der Schateilanders - Throne of the Treasureislanders - King Kahuka
  3. 6237 - De schatbewaarders - The Treasure keepers - Pirates Plunder
  4. 6246 - Schateilanders gevangensis - Treasureislanders' Jail - Crocodile Cage
  5. 6252 - Piraten en Soldaten - Pirates and Soldiers - Sea Mates
  6. 6254 - Goudzoekers-eiland - Gold diggers' Island - Rocky Reef
  7. 6256 - Schateilanders zee-catamaran - Treasureislanders Sea-Catamaran - Islander Catamaran
  8. 6258 - Schuilhut - Lodge - Smuggler's Shanty
  9. 6262 - Magische Grot der Schateilanders - Magical Cave of the Treasureislanders - King Kahuka's Throne
  10. 6263 - Soldaten Bastion - Soldiers' Bastion - Imperial Outpost
  11. 6264 - Grote geheime rotsplaats der Schateilanders - Big secret rock of the Treasureislanders - Forbidden Cove
  12. 6268 - Piratenschip De Zeester - Pirateship the ''Zeester'' - Renegade Runner
  13. 6278 - Schateilanders' Baai - Treasureislanders' Bay - Enchanted Island
  14. 6279 - Zeeroversbolwerk - Corsairs Manage - Skull Island
  15. 6280 - Galjoen Santa Cruz - Galleon ''Santa Cruz'' - Armada Flagship
  16. 6286 - Piratenschip Zwarte Haai - Pirateship Black Shark - Skull's Eye Schooner
  17. 6289 - Piraten gevechtschip - Pirates' Battleship - Red Beard Runner

Edited by Wouwie

Nope, those are the names I found on Brickset, but if you want I can translate them :pir-wink:

Heh, never knew they had such different names. Remind me please... was there Dutch printing on the boxes? Or did those "alternative" set titles appear in catalogues only? I remember playing with classic Pirates, but I was a tad too young to remember the actual names.

ENGLISH | German | DUTCH |

Captain Red Beard | Kapitän Red Beard | Kapitein Red Beard |

Governor Broadside | Gouverneur-Breitseite | De Breedte van de gouverneur |

Armada Flag Ship | Armada-Flaggschiff | Het Vlaggeschip van de armada |

Armada Sentry | Armada-Wache | De Schildwacht van de armada |

Black Seas Barracuda | Schwarzer Seebarracuda | Zwarte Overzeese Barracuda |

Caribbean Clipper | Karibischer Scherer | Caraïbische Clipper |

Cross Bone Clipper | Querknochen Scherer | Dwars Been |

Imperial FlagShip | Imperiales Flaggschiff | Keizer Vlaggeschip |

And thats all I can do for now. my hands hurt and I amz HUNGREH! bye :)

Okay.. I guess you used a translator? Since the Dutch names sometimes doesn't makes sense :pir-tongue:

Okay.. I guess you used a translator? Since the Dutch names sometimes doesn't makes sense :pir-tongue:

thats why English should be a required language to learn. :) but there would be no dutch or spanish or german. if them dumb people didn't try to build the tower of babel. don't know about others religeon or if it offends them, but if it does.. Sorry! :pir-blush:

But it's sometimes so funny... like:

Cross Bone Clipper | Querknochen Scherer | Dwars Been|

Governor Broadside | Gouverneur-Breitseite | De Breedte van de gouverneur|

thats why English should be a required language to learn. :) but there would be no dutch or spanish or german. if them dumb people didn't try to build the tower of babel. don't know about others religeon or if it offends them, but if it does.. Sorry!

We also could learn Esperanto... :pir-laugh::pir-wink:

Edited by Capt. Kirk

More Dutch names! This time the 2009 sets!

Number - Dutch name - Translated Name - Official name (Lego.com)

• 6239 - De strijd om de schatkaart - The battle for the treasure map - Cannon Battle
  • 6240 - Aanval van de reuzeninktvis - Attack of the giant squid - Kraken Attackin’
  • 6241 - De buit op het eiland - The loot on the island - Loot Island
  • 6242 - Het soldatenfort - The Soldiers' Fort - Soldiers' Fort
  • 6243 - Het schip van Blokbaard - The ship of Brickbeard - Brickbeard's Bounty
  • 8396 - Militair arsenaal - Militairy Arsenal - Soldier’s Arsenal
  • 8397 - Piratenexpeditie - Pirate expedition - Pirate Survival

Source: Superspeelgoed.be (Thanks to Matn for posting that site.)