Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

Pirate Figures and Set Names

I recently found some of my Lego Mania Magazines from the 90's and I found the March 96 issue about the new Pirate line. Here are the names of the crew of the Red Beard Runner:

pi055.jpg Captain (Roger) Redbeard

pi012.jpg Tattoo McGoo

pi013.jpg Parma Sean LaFeet

pi024.jpg Jake the Snake Blake

pi035.jpg Black Jack Hawkins

And here are the rest of the names for Runamuck:

pi004.jpg Governor Broadside

pi064.jpg Lt. De Martinet

pi074.jpg Admiral Woodhouse

pi081.jpg Brickbeard

pi016.jpg The Admiral

pi046.jpg Bo'son Will

pi023.jpg Ironhook

pi008.jpg Rummy

pi021.gif Flashfork

pi054.jpg Steve

pi058.jpg Anne

pi068.jpg King Kahuka

pi066a.jpg Uhu (the princess)

pi069.jpg the prince

pi100.jpg I think this is Ben Gunn from Treasure Island

2550c01.jpg?0 Spinoza

2546p01.jpg?0 Popsy

I think that is about it, hope this helps!

cool info but i think "steve" is not an official Lego name like the others.

I think we call that pirate Steve because DoubleT of this forum, named him steve in this thread:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2590&st=0

anyway...your post is really usual to know many names

Sorry for bumping…..again, but since the new Pirates of the Caribbean sets are getting closer to release I thought it might be an idea to add some of the named pirates we have seen so far.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Elizabeth Swann

Captain Hector Barbossa

William Turner Jr.

James Norrington (no rank since the figure represents his “bum” period)

Hadras (the fish man with the seashell on his head)

Joshamee Gibbs (it looks like him at least)

Blackbeard a.k.a. Edward Thatch/Teach

Angelica (using the POTC wiki a bit)

There are other figures, but I haven’t seen any sources for what their names might be and none of the pictures I have seen of the LEGO set boxes have had their names in a readable size.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to scan anything this Spring Break, but I thought I'd put in a few factoids from the Mania Magazines before I go back to school:

The September-October issue names the Skull's Eye Schooner parrot and monkey Squawks and Coco, respectively. It also gives a date for the LEGO Pirate adventures: 1700.

The March-April issue offered this biography of the Armada Admiral:

The Admiral

Favorite food: A "galleon" of rocky road ice cream

Favorite basketball player: David "the Admiral" Robinson

Favorite football team: The Buccaneers

Favorite song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

The admiral of the Imperial Armada is one of the toughest sea dogs to sail the seven seas. Everyone calls him "the Admiral" because no one knows what his name is. He was marooned on a desert island when he was a baby and found by some Islanders. Ever since then, he's been a sailor.

The Admiral wears his super shiny armor everywhere, even in the tub. It just takes him awhile to scrub the rust stains off his neck. His favorite tub toy is the 6289 Red Beard's Runner. "I like to practice sinking his ship," says the Admiral.

The Admiral is a real sports fan. He especially likes to hang out with his friends the Islanders and play soccer. In the islands, they use coconuts for balls and palm trees for goals. "My scores aren't too good, but we sure eat well after the game," he says.

This issue also names the skeleton from Volcano Island--Skully. Not terribly original, but there you are. It also suggests that the identical skeleton from 6232 Skeleton Crew is named George, but then again the comic also pegs one of the Red Beard Runer pirates as George...no further names besides the ones already pointed out by Grog, but I seem to have lost the back cover of that magazine...I could have sworn there was one more named pirate...

TC

Oh by the way...i have seen more mistakes in the list Captain Grog posted and i quoted arguing about Steve is not a Official name.

Flashfork wears a red and white stripped shirt, not blue and white. The guy that Captain Grog said is Ben Gunn is called Castaway.

I was looking that in http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pirates_minifigures

I can't find references to names like Tatto McGoo or Black Jack Hawkins...i can't find the names of pirate minifigs released in 1996...could someone tell me where captain Grog found that names? Thanks

I can't find references to names like Tatto McGoo or Black Jack Hawkins...i can't find the names of pirate minifigs released in 1996...could someone tell me where captain Grog found that names? Thanks

I can confirm the Tattoo McGoo and other RBR names--they're from the 1996 March-April issue of the LEGO Mania Magazine, the official publication of the American LEGO club.

TC

Sorry to interject. But I remember reading a while back that an old issue of "Disney Adventures" may have had some Lego Pirates comics in it. There's a decent chance that I may have a cache of those magazines at the house I grew up in. However, there is a very low chance of me being able to look for them any time soon. But if that's true, then I'll try to remember and look one day for those magazines. Or perhaps someone has already scanned them and the information is already known?

I can confirm the Tattoo McGoo and other RBR names--they're from the 1996 March-April issue of the LEGO Mania Magazine, the official publication of the American LEGO club.

TC

Thanks mate...A scan would be great, but i understand that you could have lost that old magazine. In any case, i believe you. :pir-classic:

Captain Roger:

Don't worry--I still have 99.99% of the magazine, and it will get scanned at some point (along with all the other books and magazines I have); I just need to find the time for it. A lot of these things I really wanted to see, so I look forward to sharing them with my fellow LEGO Pirates fans. :pir-classic:

Sorry to interject. But I remember reading a while back that an old issue of "Disney Adventures" may have had some Lego Pirates comics in it. There's a decent chance that I may have a cache of those magazines at the house I grew up in. However, there is a very low chance of me being able to look for them any time soon. But if that's true, then I'll try to remember and look one day for those magazines. Or perhaps someone has already scanned them and the information is already known?

I've scanned the first two installments of that comic, and Mister Phes has been kind enough to post them here. The third part is missing, but I have since managed to acquire the magazine with the third part in it...scans will be coming at some point...it's all a matter of time. :pir-grin:

TC

Sorry for not replying any sooner, but I had a written assignment that had to be done, and a computer that more or less died.

It's nice to see how people remember this thread, and how more names are emerging.

New names this time:

Squawks

Coco

Skully

George (pirate)

George (skeleton)

POTC:

Phillip

Scrum

Syrena

Tamara

Davy Jones (game)

Pintel (game)

Ragetti (game)

Governor Weatherby Swann (game)

Anamaria (game)

Marty (game)

With the game advertising saying that it will have more than 70 characters I guess this list will become a lot longer.

I'm rather curios about those comics whit the Red Beard Runner since I actually own the set, was the George guy one of the two figures from the set that haven't been named yet?

Maybe I should make a second list of those character that only are called by a title or profession. I mean among the newer pirates we have the governor, the captain and the admiral being thrown around by both fans and official sources, in the POTC sets we have titles like quartermaster, gunner zombie, chef and horse coach driver.

Btw. I'm a little disappointed how Pintel apparently looks in the game, the torso is spot on, but his head is nowhere nearly ugly enough.

I’ll already apologize for the double posting and the bumping, but since people are actually using this thread as a source for names I guess it would be a good idea to make an somewhat updated list of the figures from the pirates and Pirates of the Caribbean themes that have been given names with some sources on where the names come from.

Pirates:

Captain Red Beard or Captain Roger, name varies a bit between countries. Named in numerous sets, comics and video games. Black coat and pants, green shirt, brown epaulets, red beard (what a surprise), eye patch, peg leg, gray hook, black bicorn with white skull.

First mate Rummy. Named in” the golden medallion” comic (6255). Blue jacket with red and white striped shirt underneath, gray pants, black hair (white in the comic), eye patch, brown tricorner.

Flashfork. Named in 6255. Figure according to Brickipedia, red and white striped tank top, blue pants, black hair and moustache, red bandana. Appearance in comic, blue and red striped tank top, gray pants, brown moustache and hair, blue bandana.

(Bo ‘sun?) Will. Named in 6255. Red and white striped tank top, red pants, classic smiley, red bandana.

Bo ‘sun Will. Alternative name for 6235 apparently. Blue and white striped tank top, white pants, black hair and moustache, red bandana.

Anne. Named in the Ladybird books. White and red shirt, black hair, pants alternate between white and black in sets, bandana alternates between red and blue in sets.

Ironhook. Named in alternate title for 6261 apparently. Torn red tank top (occasionally blue epaulettes), black pants(occasionally with peg leg or blue pants), brown beard and hair, eye patch, gray hook, black bicorn with white skull.

Blackjack Hawkins. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine and LEGO Racers. Blue jacket over brown shirt, gray pants, gray beard, black tricorner.

Tattoo McGoo. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Brownish purple west, grey pants, black moustache, black bandana.

Parma Sean LaFeet. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Brownish purple west, blue pants, black moustache, red bandana.

Jake the Snake Blake. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Red torn tank top, black pants brown beard and hair, eye patch, gray hook, brown tricorner.

Popsy. Name from Brickipedia, named in Ladybird Books according to wikipedia. Red parrot with yellow beak, white eyes and yellow and green wings.

Squawks. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Red parrot with yellow beak, white eyes and yellow and green wings.

Coco. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Brown monkey.

Captain Foul. Named in 6255. No figure. Red jacket, blue shirt, orange pants, black moustache, gray bicorn.

Culverin. Named in 6255. No figure. Green jacket, pants and tricorner, yellow and black striped shirt, brown hair.

Bessie. Named in 6255. No figure. Tan dress, brown hair, red bandana.

The Blackdeed cousins or Blackheart cousins, name varies between countries. Named in 6255. No figures. John: blue coat and pants, white shirt, gray beard and hair, green tricorner (he may also be the old man in the comic who is missing a leg). Brian: red pants and west, black and white striped shirt, black hair, green bandana.

Captain Jonah. Named in the Ladybird books. No figure.

Old Binnacle. Named in the Ladybird books. No figure.

Jimbo. Named in the Ladybird Books. Unknown crewmember of the Black Seas Barracuda.

George. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. Unknown member of the crew of the Red Beard Runner.

Steve. Persistent unofficial Eurobricks and Classic Pirates in-joke. White shirt, gray pants, brown west, brown beard and hair, black tricorner.

Soldiers:

Governor Broadside. Named in 6255, a LEGO set where he doesn’t appear in and video games. Blue coat, white pants and shirt, black moustache and hair (whit wig in the comic), black bicorn with white trim and yellow feather (occasionally also seen with red feather). Newer version seen in LEGO Battles. Dark blue coat, gold epaulettes, white pants, gray muttonchops, black bicorn with white trim.

Lt. De Martinet. Named in 6255 and DK's The LEGO Book. Blue jacket, white pants and shirt, brown beard and hair (black handlebar moustache and hair in the comic), black bicorn.

Spinoza. Named in 6255. Brown monkey with blue collar.

Aunti or Aunt Prudence ( I assume they are the same person). Named in 6255 (Aunti) and Ladybird Books (Prudence). No figure. Red and white striped dress, brown hair.

Camilla. Named in 6255, newer version in LEGO Battles. Battles version: White dress, brown hair. Comic version yellow dress, blonde hair.

The King. Mentioned in Ladybird Books. No figure.

Guards:

Admiral Woodhouse or Govoner Broadside. Named in catalogs (Woodhouse), DK's The LEGO Book (Woodhouse), comics (Broadside) and video games (Broadside). Red coat, white shirt, pants and gloves, brown moustache and hair, black bicorn with white trim, occasionally white feather.

Islanders:

King Kahuka or Kanuka (that might be a typo in LEGO Racers). Named in sets and video games. Green leaf loincloth, red belt, necklace, red white and blue face paint, red mast with white feathers.

Uhu. Named in LEGO Racers. Green leaf loincloth, necklace, red and white face paint, black hair with horns.

The Prince. No name source. Green leaf loincloth, red belt, necklace, red white and blue face paint, black hair with feathers.

The Princess. No name source. Green Leaf Loincloth, necklace, red lipstick, black hair with feathers.

Armada:

The Admiral. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine and Lego Racers. Red shirt and silver armor (red and blue striped shirt and no armor in LEGO Racers), gray pants, black moustache, stubble and goatee, black helmet with white feather.

George. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. White skeleton with black helmet.

Skully. Named in LEGO Mania Magazine. White skeleton with black helmet.

4+ pirates:

Red:

Jolly Jack Crow. Name from Brickset.

Harry Hardtack. Name from Brickset.

Captain Red Beard. Name from Brickset.

Cannonball Jimmy. Name from Brickset.

Blue:

Drake Dagger. Name from Brickset.

Captain Kraggor Kras(Danish). Name from Brickset.

Scurvy Dog. Name from Brickset.

Other:

Don-Cortez. Mentioned in Captain Red Beard’s profile on official site and in Danish catalog. No figure.

New pirates:

Captain Brickbeard or Klodsskæg (Denmark) or Czarnobrody (Poland, Blackbeard), there are possibly other international variants. Named in catalogs, set names and descriptions, video games. Black coat and pants, white shirt, brown beard and hair, peg leg, eye patch, gold hook, black bicorn with white skull.

The kraken. Named in set. Red octopus.

New guards:

The Admiral's daughter. Mentioned in set description of Brickbeard’s Bounty (6243). White dress, black hair.

The Admiral. Indirectly mentioned in 6243. Figure unknown.

The Captain. Set description of 10210. Dark blue coat, gold epaulettes, white pants, gray muttonchops, black bicorn with dark blue feather.

The Captain’s daughter. Set description of 10210. Light blue dress and dark brown hair.

The Cook. Set description of 10210. Blue west over red and white striped tank top, tan pants, brown hair black goatee, scar, red bandana.

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Elizabeth Swann

Captain Hector Barbossa

William Turner Jr.

James Norrington

Hadras

Joshamee Gibbs

Blackbeard (a.k.a. Edward Thatch/Teach if you want to be historical)

Angelica

Phillip Swift

Scrum

Syrena

Tamara

Davy Jones (game)

Pintel (game)

Ragetti (game)

Governor Weatherby Swann (game)

Anamaria (game)

Marty (game)

Mr. Cotton (game)

Quartermaster Zombie

The Gunner Zombie

Yeoman Zombie

The Cook

Jack the monkey(game)

The prison dog(game)

Video Games odds and ends:

Captain Jack Knife. Lego Universe.

Gingerbeard. LEGO Rock Band.

Captain Click. Lego Island, only heard though, may also be the same undead pirate we see in LEGO Football Mania.

Edited by Runamuck

Runamuck...you are my idol!

Great info mate.

Ah, i always thought Bessie and Anne are the same character, with different names. Now, i see i was confused about that.

Ah, 2 things about the new guards:

1) you said the chief of the new guards is a Captain...i always thougt is a governor because i think is a new version of Broadside, Like Brickbeard is a new version of Roger. Are you sure is a captain?

2) Are you sure the cook is a member of the imperial crew? I think is a pirate because is dressed like a pirate, looks evil, and we can see him fighting a redocoat in the box of the set 10210.

Ah, Captain Roger/Redbeard is Called Captain Knoest in Germany(i saw the comic in german in 2005), you can add it to if you want

Well, don’t thank me too much, thank the people who have contributed the information though the last few pages.

Funny thing about Anne and Bessie, they may not be the same character, but Ann is actually supposed to be Bessie’s daughter according to an earlier post.

As for the new guards:

1) I’m just using the set descriptions found on Brickwiki and Brickset, I think they are copies of the set descriptions on LEGO’s own site. Just trying to keep the sources more or less official. And yes, captain seems a bit low a rank for someone who is in charge of the biggest LEGO pirates ship ever.

2) That is a thing that could be up for debate. He could be a pirate, he could be a soldier, or he could be a neutral sailor. It’s all left unclear. The old flagship has the same problem with a figure that could just be a sailor or a prisoner. But for the sake of the list I put him among the soldiers; he is at least employed as a cook by them apparently.

More international names are always interesting, although I’m fairly fluent in German, I’m not sure if Knoest has a special meaning, I’ll try and look it up.

My brother and I are working on gathering more names. We have just bought LEGO Football Mania, and we have so far unlocked one pirate, or sailor, team already. So there might be coming quite a few more names soon.

Edited by Runamuck

I'm excited about seeing what names and other information come out of the football game! Have you found anything unique from it so far?

I'm not sure if this has been linked to before, but LEGO's FourPlus Pirates website is still up, and it has some intriguing information about the characters: http://www.lego.com/eng/fourplus/pirates/thepirates.asp

Here's what I found interesting:

Captian Kragg is Redbeard's brother.

The FourPlus ship is called The Hurricane.

A new pirate or Armada character is named: Don Cortez, the one who buried the treasure the pirates are after.

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Ok, so we got through LEGO Football mania, unfortunately there were some technical problems so we couldn’t save properly. There are 3 full teams of 6 players each in the game that is made up of pirates. Each of the teams does more or less have uniforms.

The first team has blue and white striped tank tops, blue pants and red bandanas, except for Nautical Nina who wears white pants, a white shirt, has red hair and an eye patch. Faces varies between figures.

Shipshape Shipmates:

Jack the Mop

Nautical Nina

Port

Starboard

Tom Scrub

Simon Stripes

The next team is a crew of skeletons, they all look the same, white skeleton with black bicorn with Jolly Roger on it, except the goalie who wears an eye patch with a Jolly Roger on it.

Pirate Skeletons:

Captain Click (is this the same Captain Click as the one from LEGO island?)

Skelly Bones

Dim Dem Bones

Tom Tin-Ribs

Spooky Skelly

Norris Nobbles

The last pirate team wear blue jackets, white pants and brown tricorners, except for Captain Redbeard who looks like he usually does except for no epaulets and a small red feather in his hat.

Tricorner Pirates:

Captain Redbeard

Bluebeard

Yellowbeard

Greybeard

Whitebeard

Greenbeard

I would like to give a more thorough description of them, but I’ll have to get over the technical difficulties first.

Also plenty of names for other themes. Gamefaqs has a name list if you’re curious.

Edited by Runamuck

1) I’m just using the set descriptions found on Brickwiki and Brickset, I think they are copies of the set descriptions on LEGO’s own site. Just trying to keep the sources more or less official. And yes, captain seems a bit low a rank for someone who is in charge of the biggest LEGO pirates ship ever.

You said you are using Brickset. Then, according to Brickset, that guy is a governor:

http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=pi117

2) That is a thing that could be up for debate. He could be a pirate, he could be a soldier, or he could be a neutral sailor. It’s all left unclear. The old flagship has the same problem with a figure that could just be a sailor or a prisoner. But for the sake of the list I put him among the soldiers; he is at least employed as a cook by them apparently.

According to Brickset again, "the cook" is a pirate:

http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=pi120

About the guy of the old flagship, he appears in Black seas barracuda too, so is another pirate

And finally, about Lego football manias pirates...if you could add screenshots with the chacaters, it would be great

Sorry for taking a while to answer, but I wanted to get the screenshots done first.

The problem about those names on Brickset is that I’m not sure how official they are. The pirate label on the cook could just be for the torso type, the merchants from the Imperial Trading post are also labeled as pirates. One of the reasons I made this thread to begin with was to make heads and tails of what was official and what was fan terms.

As for LEGO Football Mania, I have to thank my brother for taking these pictures, and playing through the game 3 times before that due to save errors and corrupted files.

Shipshape Shipmates:

Jack the Mop

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/1707/jackthemop.jpg

Nautical Nina

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8628/nauticalnina.jpg

Port

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5592/porthi.jpg

Starboard

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8718/starboard.jpg

Tom Scrub

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4566/tomscrub.jpg

Simon Stripes

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/39/simonstripes2.jpg

Pirate Skeletons:

Captain Click

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5216/captainclick.jpg

Skelly Bones

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3971/skellybones.jpg

Dim Dem Bones

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/116/dimdembones.jpg

Tom Tin-Ribs

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4060/tomtinribs.jpg

Spooky Skelly

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/609/spookyskelly.jpg

Norris Nobbles

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/2219/norrisnobbles.jpg

Tricorner Pirates:

Captain Redbeard, not that it should surprise anyone what he looks like

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/449/captainredbeard2.jpg

Bluebeard

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9910/bluebeard2.jpg

Yellowbeard

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/662/yellowbeard.jpg

Greybeard

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3962/greybeard.jpg

Whitebeard

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9186/whitebeard.jpg

Greenbeard

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/42/greenbeard.jpg

Edited by Runamuck

thanks a lot for the images, Runamuck...is really interesting.

Hum...i think pirates playing football is a really silly idea, but knowing official Lego names is always interesting

Well, it’s not the only case of them playing football, it’s also mentioned in the Admiral’s profile from the LEGO Mania magazine. Still kind of goofy though.

Time for another Pirates of the Caribbean video game update thanks to Brickwiki:

Maccus

Mr. Mercer

Sao Feng

Tia Dalma

Lian & Park (at least I assume it’s them in the background of Sao Feng’s pictures)

Bootstrap Bill (at least I think it's his barnacle encrusted face that we see behind Davy Jones)

Scarlett

Giselle

Also, I have made a few scans of the Danish version of the pirate comic that I have.

Inside of the cover with the various groups and lots of named people.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7962/grupper.jpg

And this is most of the story about the Blackdeed cousins.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6451/blackdeed.jpg

Edited by Runamuck

Ugh, I hate double posting and bumping, but this time I found something really interesting.

I’ll thank Saint for bringing this website to my attention. It has quite a lot of international material. Unfortunately I can’t read all the languages, but I’ll see what I can get out of it.

So let’s start with 3 different versions of The Golden Medallion (6255):

Broadside (English), Gouverneur Breitseit (German), Grootzail (Dutch),

Camilla (English) (German) (Dutch),

Aunt Prudence (English), Tantchen Rebecca (German), Zus (Dutch),

de Martinet (English), Leutnant de Martinez (German), Van Kwelling (Dutch),

Foul (English), Käpt’n Baddog (German), Knook (Dutch),

Culverin (English), Maat Dumbo (German), Kollosul (Dutch)

Red Beard (English), Käpt’n Roger (German), Knoest (Dutch),

Pappagei Polly (German),

Will (English), Willy (German), Wil (Dutch),

Rummy (English), Rumpott (German),

Flashfork (English), Smuttie (German), Smulpaap (Dutch),

Spinoza (English) (Dutch), Speedy (German),

Bessie (English) (German),Betsie (Dutch),

John & Brian Blackheart (English), John & Brian McBlack (German), Wout & Wiebe Wandaad (Dutch),

The website also has quite a few catalogs with some interesting manes sprinkled throughout them, not listing repeats from 6255.

1989:

6235: Bo’sul Will (small European catalog)

1990:

Capitaine Barbe-Rousse (full line Canadian catalog)

Bootsman Wil (full line Netherlands) only a mug shot of a mustachioed pirate with a blue bandana.

1991:

Polli der Papagai (full line Germany)

1992:

Admiraal Blaaskaak (full line Neterlands)

6261 Ironhook’s Escape Raft, 6235 Bo’sun Will and Spinoza (small catalog Europe)

Admiral Woodhouse (English text in Japanese catalog)

1996:

Indigo Islanders, 6264 includes Ironhook, now with a pegleg (full line United Kingdom)

2009:

Kapitein Blokbaard (Netherlands)

There are also a few scans of other magazines and comics.

Unfortunately I can’t really read them. I’m fluent in Danish, English and German, I can understand Norwegian and Swedish and I might be capable of reading some Dutch, but I can’t read French.

I might have overlooked some names in the vast amounts of material, and it being in languages that I don’t understand doesn’t help.

Are there any other members here on Eurobricks that could tell us a little more about these scans? There are many interesting things in the catalogs like alternative set names, ship names, voodoo and taverns. Also dies anybody know websites with more scans?

That's awesome, Runamuck! I wish I could help you out. Unfortunately here in the US, most of us only get just a little bit of a foreign language in high school. I took French, but I really only know enough to maybe order a ham-and-cheese sandwich, and not very well. :pir-cry_sad: I hope a native French speaker can help us out!

And by the way, it looks like this young kids book got published:

5192DsPeZeL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Pirates-Brickbeards-Treasure-READERS/dp/0756677068/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305236754&sr=8-1

You can use Amazon's "look inside" and read just a few pages. They introduce Captain Brickbeard by name, but I could only see a couple other pages besides that, and on one page they refer to "the pirates" so maybe they don't use many specific names. But if someone can get their hands on the book itself, maybe there are some names for the 2009/2010 Pirates line.

Oh and by the way, there are some other books by the same publisher for Lego stuff. One of them is for Kingdoms, and another I'm pretty sure was City (firefighters subtheme if I recall correctly).

EDIT: I poked through the Kingdoms one. It looks promising because that one uses names like "The Dragon Knight" (in all caps, implying a proper name) and even refers to the prison tower as something like "the dragon knight's tower", which is a little strange since the set's name is "Prison Tower Rescue". But my point is that this looks promising for the Pirates book if it's written the same, and maybe they gave some names to characters from 2009 pirates!

Edited by Zeya

I recently found some of my Lego Mania Magazines from the 90's and I found the March 96 issue about the new Pirate line. Here are the names of the crew of the Red Beard Runner:

Very nice !!!

Edited by Admiral Croissant
Making a very large quote a bit smaller

LEGO AFOL, please never again quote such a large post. And certainly not just for saying "very nice".

Rather say something useful which really adds something to the conversation.

Thanks in forward.

I've also edited your post so we don't see the long quote anymore.

Time for another major update. I have bought the Pirates of the Caribbean video game hand have completed it 100% in just a week. So here is a list of pretty much every Figure present in the hame.

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Curse of the black pearl

Captain Jack Sparrow (with hat and coat, with west, undead, chieftain, dancing)

Will Turner

Mr. Brown

Guard dog

Mr. Gibbs

Anamaria

Marty

Cotton(and his parrot of cause)

Elizabeth Swann(Barbossa's dress, underwear, soldier's uniform, merchant, pirate, captain robe, captai, and a few others in cut scenes)

Pintel (normal, dress)

Ragetti (normal, dress)

James Norrington(dishonoured, full uniform)

Captain Barbossa (pirate, privateer)

Murtogg

Mullroy

Lt. Groves

Koehler

Twigg

Mallot

Scratch

Bo' sun (Bådsmand in Danish)

Clubba

Grapple

Jacoby

Governor Weatherby Swann

Rifleman

Soldier

Nervous pirate

Town pirate (bypirat in Danish)

Town man (bymand in Danish)

Town girl ( bypige in Danish)

Town lady (bydame in Danish)

Scarlett

Giselle

Angry pirate

Worried pirate

Dangerous pirate

Officer

Dead man's chest

Bootstrap Bill Turner

Tia Dalma

Hungry cannibal

Angry cannibal

Captain Bellamy

Maccus

Clanker

Jimmy Legs

Koleniko

Wyvern

Angler

Hadras

Crash

Mr. Mercer

Penrod

Lord Cutler Beckett

Davy Jones

Company officer

Company soldier

River lady (floddame)

River man (flodmand)

Wheelback

Finnegan

Jelly

Broodenjongen

Pirate (the Flying Dutchman)

At world's end

Sao Feng (he is much nicer in the game than he was in the movie)

Tai Huang

Tattooed pirate (the tattoo on his black is actually an insignia from the 90's dragon knight's armour)

Lian

Park

Mistress Ching (Herskerinden Ching in Danish)

Sri Sumbhajee Angria

Gentleman Jocard (Jocard den Ædle in Danish)

Ammand the corsair

Eduardo Villanueva

Capitaine Chevalle

Pirate from Singapore

Man from Singapore (mand fra Singapore in Danish)

Lady from Singapore (dame fra Singapore in Danish)

Imaginary Jack with shovel (shirt)

Imaginary Jack with bomb (bare chest)

Imaginary Jack with pistol (bare chest and tattoos)

Ahoy! There be spoilers ahead!

On stranger tides

Scrum

Cook (kok)

Salaman

Garheng

Angelica (normal, disguised)

Syrena

Old Seadog? (I don't know what he is called in English, but he is called Gammel søulk in Danish)

King George

Quartermaster

Gunner

Derrick

Philip

The Spaniard

Blackbeard

Zombie pirate

Mermaid

Spanish soldier

Spanish officer

Npc's

Jack the monkey (not named)

Hernán Cortéz (not named in game but definitely appears in a cut scene)

The Kraken

Skeletons

Several alternative outfits for characters in cut scenes

Pigs

Donkeys

Giant crabs

Sea turtles

Horses

Goats

Sharks

Rats, crabs, frogs, birds and other small animals

Aztecs

Cortez's Spaniards

Londoners

Rum smugglers (mentioned in level name only)

Other pirates

Sailors

Imaginary mini Jacks

Other civilians

Other fish men

William Turner III (not named)

Ferdinand, King of Spain (not named)

I hope that I haven’t missed anyone

EDIT: I poked through the Kingdoms one. It looks promising because that one uses names like "The Dragon Knight" (in all caps, implying a proper name) and even refers to the prison tower as something like "the dragon knight's tower", which is a little strange since the set's name is "Prison Tower Rescue". But my point is that this looks promising for the Pirates book if it's written the same, and maybe they gave some names to characters from 2009 pirates!

I have the book, and there isn't any new information...Brickbeard remains the only named pirate. :(

TC

We have another new character to add to the cast: Miranda Valentina, leader of the Imperial troops at Pirate's Cove after the defeat of Brickbeard.

EDIT: also a shark named Sawtooth.

TC

Edited by TalonCard