traintech1.jpg

04-7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

Name: Diesel Heavy Shunting Locomotive

Set No.: 7755

Theme: LEGO / SYSTEM / Trains / 12v / Train Set

Year: 1983

Pieces: 160

Minifigs: 1

Price (when it as in stores): USD 50.00$ (which equals about EUR 45.00€)

Price nowadays (2d hand): USD 150.00$ (which equals about EUR 130.00€)

7755.jpg

A great looking train, which had no tracks with the set itself. You can remove the roof to place the driver inside it. I think it was more meant to expand your layout if you were having one. Otherwise you need to buy a speedregulator and tracks. There is not a station with it also and no wagons. You can decide which wagons the train had to pull. I think the looks and the colors are just great. It looks quite big in comparison with other 12v sets. Only too bad it has only one minifig, the driver.

Then I knew, I want this train too.

a_-_great_shot_7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click on pic for bigger one

This is the second model you can make of the bricks of this set:

b_-_the_2d_model_of_7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

The right view of the train:

a_-_right_view_7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

The left view of the train:

a_-_left_view_7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

Let's check the workplace of the driver:

b_-_inner_view_7755.jpg_thumb.jpg

Mine version has 2 12v motors, so it can pull more wagons and runs better through the control points.

b_-_with_2_12v_motors.jpg_thumb.jpg

At the moment the train is parked at the bridge which must to be build in future:

c_-_using_7755_for_demostration_to_be_build_bridge.jpg_thumb.jpg

Playability: 6/10 (To give this set a rate, it misses track, wagons and minifigs. It's more meant to expand your layout.)

Design: 8/10 (It look realistic and big in comparison with the other 12v sets.)

Price: 7/10 (By then, it was very cheap to buy the train. Nowadays, it's too expensive)

Overall: 8/10 (It looks fantastic.)

Edited by AFOL12v

That 12V engine is wonderful. I'd love to have it. Then I'd use it with a 9V motor. I love the design of this engine. In my opinion the big windscreens go well with the overall design, and the colour scheme red/grey/black is very appealing.

Panda, you should probably work on your reviews. I don't know if my suggestions are really good and productive since I myself haven't reviewed a set yet, but if I were you, I'd take a photo of the engine driver's workplace. A picture of the motor imitation under the red bricks would also be nice; or a pic of the box plus its backside if you still have it. Don't forget: These are only suggestions of someone who has never done a review himself. But if I were you, I'd use more pics.

Wow! Looking at these old 12V sets really bring back visions of early Lego trains when I was a kid. How I wish I had even one.

It looks like you just picked this set up today Panda. It's in great shape! I love the classic set of red train doors as well as the old red shutters - they definately go way back. Are those DB stickers, or are they printed on the doors?

In any case, a fantastic set. I tend to agree with Legotrainfan. Your review could benefit from some additional images of this truly Classic Train set. Thanks for sharing though!

I've added a poll to your review as well as link in Train Tech. I look forward to seeing what you might share next. You're last train review (Push Along Passenger Train) inspired me to build the LGB-inspired train pictured in my signature. Thanks for bringing back these classics!

Thx voor your reactions. I have forgotten the 2d model of this set and will try to fix this this evening. In the future I will also make pic's of the inside off all trains I make review of.

You keep me inspired to make more reviews of the trains :classic: .