Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

PHOTO REVIEW: 7891 Airport Fire Truck

index2.jpg

AIRPORT FIRE TRUCK

101_0190.jpg

7891 weighs in at 148 pieces and carries an MSRP of $14.99. I found my copy at the local Toys R Us.

The Fig

101_0191.jpg

I opted to take the picture without the oxygen tanks and mask, but know that they are there. They have a rather nifty holding spot you'll see later on.

The Truck

101_0192.jpg

The compartment on this side has a red fire extinguisher in it.

101_0193.jpg

The compartment on this side has a hatchet (small version) in it, which doesn't quite fit. You can see how the door doesn't close completely in this pic.

The Front

I like the front, it looks different from the other CITY vehicles.

The Back

I'm split on the back, mostly because of that 1x6 yellow plate up top that sits on top of those two trans-red 1x1 slopes on the sides. It just looks weird.

The Hatch

Opens up, and out slides...

The Equipment

... a nifty little equipment holder. The clip holding on the mask is pretty cool.

The Front Seat

Totally standard.

The Water Gun

I really like this thing. The only thing I'm not fond of is the way the axle half-sticks out. Still, it's versatile, and turns smoothly.

The Water Gun (down)

... and it collapses VERY nicely back into the truck.

FINAL VERDICT: 8.3/10

Figs: 8/10 (could have used another for the price)

Pieces: 8/10 (I don't like yellow that much. If you do, make this a 9 for all intents and purposes)

Set: 9/10 (good build, detailed model, compliments the airplane nicely)

Playability: 9/10

I really like this set. It's a fun, easy build, it's not <insert that tiresome argument>, it's at piece-to-price, etc. I tilted it down a bit because of the price tag: I did feel like $15 was a bit too much for this set. If you're just in it for a good set and don't mind spending maybe a few bucks more than you normally would on a set of this size, this is definitely for you. It compliments 7893 Passenger Plane very well, though it remains to see how it compares to Airport.

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

102_0202.jpg

Tks for the once again great review Jay !!!!!

I really love that set, but I agree that we could have a new fireman or at least the one with the "chrome" helmet !!! Also there should have been 2 Mfs (who is driving when the other is playing with the hose !!!) but oh well...

Is there only 3 stickers with this set ??

I like your last "situation" pic !!!

Can't wait to see your other reviews ;)

I'm loving these city sets. I look forward to your review of the helicopter, since we've only seen one pic of that so far.

I'm loving these city sets. I look forward to your review of the helicopter, since we've only seen one pic of that so far.

That and the Ambulance should arrive on Monday, and I'll try to get reviews up the same night. I'm also very interested to see how the copter will turn out.

@ Yoda - yes, only three stickers.

Jay, when are you getting the airport ????? I cannot wait to see all the hidden features this set surely has !!!!

I haven't seen it, and to my knowledge, nobody has. It's not on Amazon, either. But rest assured, it is on my Christmas list, so we'll have a review around then at the latest. ;) Same goes for Ferrari Finish Line and Hospital (although I won't review that).

Okie Jay !!!! Great that you'll review the airport and the finish line sets !!! Can't wait to see pics of those two sets that I will definitly buy asap !!!

once again, a great review, jay! :oD

the set is a bit smaller then i expected, but it still looks quite nnice. think i'll buy two next year, one to leave in the box for a while, the other to assemble

Pity it costs $14.99, when the abulance costs $7.99. I'm going to buy this anyway, As I might get the legends airport. I thought all new fire extinguishers would be yellow, like the firefighter theme...guess not. I am happy that the firefighter minifig torso print remains the same...

Jay, how many firefighter minifigs fit inside the fire truck?

I didnt' like how the fire truck from the firefighter theme had space for only one minifig...good thing it was easy to fix that...but anyways, set 7891 doesn't seem to have "all new" pieces.

Thanks for the neat review Jay, I think by itself the truck looks great. It is fairly proportioned and seems to be in scale with the fig, which is great for town!

Next to the plane it looks a little too big, so maybe the plane is a bit too small, but still looking good. Now you can add some flames to the plane and create a nice airport scene! ;)

Jon.

Yes, thanks. Yellow is one of my favourite colours! I like the yellow slope bricks in the back but won't get the set because I am not that fond of those wheels. Moreover, I don't really have a need for the entire new city/airport theme and I won't buy all those vehicles just for parts.

A decent set. Still, after last year's amazing fire truck, it seems a bit bland. It does look to have a nice slection of bricks though. I do like the yelllow colouring, as it gives this engine a fresh feel. Red firetrucks have become a tad monotonous.

Later.

seriously, this truck looks really nice..

but I have another fire truck (for airport) that's why I won't buy it....

Thanks for the review!

God Bless,

Nathan