Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Bandit's Secret Hideout Photo Review 1

Bandit's Secret Hideout Photo Review - Wild West set 6761 - Part 1

Original Price $39.99 U.S. 1996

Bandit's Secret Hideout is one of my personal favorites of the Wild West theme. It consists of three structures built atop a unique wagon trailed baseplate (available in no other set). The main structure is a mine with hideout structure on top, a side BURP mountain piece, and a great little water tower that tips over for added fun.

front2.jpg

front1.jpg

The main structure contains a mine with KEEP OUT sign and a booby-trapped cannon on rails. When a rope is pulled, a pieces under the rails will slide out causing the cannon to coming rolling down.

The mine:

mine1.jpg

A single black staircase piece leads to the upper floor of the mine, and the steps rest in two grooves (one on top and the other on bottom) allowing the piece to easly be removed.

steps.jpg

At the top is the door to the hideout:

door.jpg

The back side of the mine contains an office to count stollen loot (mainly just a yellow chair) and a two level mine shaft:

back.jpg

Outside on the top of the mine is a set of guns, and a Gold Mine sign that can be lifted to launch a falling barrel:

roof1.jpg

Continued on a separate message here: Review PART 2

thanks very much for this review! What strikes me is the simplicity of the set: just a few large bricks, a few plates, a bird, grass and a "keep out" sign and you've got a rocky formation in the wild West! and it actually looks good! the office should have been a bit more detailed, tho. and that seat doesn't really work in this theme... but apart from that: very nice...

the skull and the cowboy hat looks brilliant! however, the price may have been rather high... 40$... hm...

I've always thought this was a good set, and I always wanted to buy it, but now I'm sure!

My Western collection is almost complete, I miss just a few sets... 6755 and 6761. But I'm gonna complete this awesome theme!! :closedeyes:

I've always thought this was a good set, and I always wanted to buy it, but now I'm sure!

My Western collection is almost complete, I miss just a few sets... 6755 and 6761. But I'm gonna complete this awesome theme!! :closedeyes:

Good to hear Erik. Both 6761 and 6755 (Sheriff's Lock-Up) are great sets (esp. the Hideout/Mine).

I've always liked 6761 which is one of my favorites of the Wild West theme. I would definately buy one if you can find the set. Several months ago, I found one in a MISB for about $85 US, which I bought. Pricey but it's a great set and a "must-have" to complete your Wild West collection. Good luck and check out my other reviews and MOCs.

continued...

It would be of great convenience if you replaced "continued..." with a link to Part 2. Given that the reviews might be on two different pages and a lot of users only check the first page, it may cause some to wonder where the second part is.

Edited by mister_phes