Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Guss's Tank

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone, here I am to present you my new moc , it's a tank that's going to be a part of a bigger diorama, I built it quite quickly, without paying attention to some details, anyway, here it is :

posing with the 3 crew members :

P1215546_2cef12.JPG

Ladder up, ready to go :

P1215536_2c42e7.JPG

The turret can turn, the canon can move up/down, the turret on the turret ( does it makes sense ? XD ), with the "machine gun" can turn independently of the "main turret" , the missile launcher can also turn on itself^^

P1225574_25788e.JPG

Now... SURRENDER !

P1215547_2755e9.JPG

that was a "quick built tank", as it's going to be half destroyed in the diorama, I didn't want to put to much time on it^^

EDIT : I did some funny pics^^

enjoy :

my poor sigfig :

P1225579_2ee2ea.JPG

P1225582_224cd8.JPG

P1225577_2c1fcb.JPG

Anyway, feel free to comment, critics and give advices!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Note bad. Could use more dark blue accents. Is the dio for the Walker vs. Wartracks subcategory in The LEGO Military Contest on Flickr?

thanks! I didn't see this contest, You think I can enter it ? ^^

oh, for the blue parts.. I don't have a lot of Drk blue bricks, so I was unable to add more blue ( but I wanted to!)

Edited by Guss

Looks like you made a cool looking tank there Guss! :thumbup:

My only tip would be to make the turret a bit smaller as it seems a bit out of proportion. But if you go for a comic style, you're spot on.

Gus, there's a category in the contest called "Walkers vs. Wartracks" that this could be suitable for. You will, however, have to build more stuff to go with it. There's also a modern armour category, but that is for models of existing vehicles and is what I am building my M1 for. You can find the rules here.

Your tank ticks multiple boxes, tracked, large and it has a turret with a gun in it. Apart from the details it reminds me quite a bit of an M60 Patton. I like your use of teeth for the end of the gun Barrel. :thumbup: I'm not sure about the dark blue. It's not a very common colour for tanks (although the Dutch military police use YPR IFVs in blue!). If you want to make any changes to it, I'd suggest getting rid of it altogether rather than adding more.

I love your pictures by the way, especially the one where it crushes a car :classic:

Cheers,

Ralph

Captain Green Hair , thanks mate! I wanted my turret to be quite big... but you're right that now it's a little too big ! let's say there's a jacuzzi inside... this surely is the reason :P

Ralph_S Thanks a lot^^ I'm glad that you like my tank especially since you're, to me, one of the best vehicle builder ^^

I just built a little diorama to go with it ( very little, 32x32 ... the tank is as big as the plate ^^ ) , I think i'm going to retake the picture where it crush the car with the guy running for his life, and make it an entry for the walker vs wartracks . Just tell me what you think^^

For the model, you're right it looks like this tank a little, but I really just imaginated it , didn't even looks for tanks pictures to build it ( maybe it's the reason why the turret is so big) , I'm not planning to enter in the same category than your M1, too much works, and for the dark blue, I wanted it to have an unusual colours, I think I did it well ^^

EDIT : I did a little diorama to enter the contest, category "occupation and resistance"

here it is :

P1225596_202784.JPG

P1225588_2d5115.JPG

I hope you like it, I built it just after answering you^^

I posted it there for the flickr contest : http://www.flickr.com/groups/legomilitary/...57616111169557/ I hope I got it right^^

Edited by Guss

Looks like you made a cool looking tank there Guss! :thumbup:

My only tip would be to make the turret a bit smaller as it seems a bit out of proportion. But if you go for a comic style, you're spot on.

if he makes it smaller, it will look worse IMO

I'm not a specific military MOCs fan but I must say this tank of yours is very very impressive! :sweet: It's compacted but not boxy at all on any detail and as I can see very effective with "occupation" :tongue:

Thanks a lot Bluebard ^^ I'm not into "modern military mocs" too, it's just that I needed it for an exhibition ^^

if he makes it smaller, it will look worse IMO

I don't think so Prateek, a bit shorter can looks cool , like 3 studs less at the rear of the turret