Captain Zuloo

'Behind the Helm'

Behind the Helm  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read 'Behind the Helm' interviews?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is 'Behind the Helm' worth continuing?

• Yes
    • No

Ok, so many of you will be aware of the interview series, 'Behind the Helm' which has been running for many weeks now. So the question is, are you getting out of it as much as we're putting into it? The problem is, it is a time consuming process to produce BTH, and I have lost seep due to international time zones. Not that I'm not prepared to sacrifice some sleep for Classic-Pirates.com, but I could do other things that wouldn't be in the middle of the night.

So what is BTH worth to you? Please tell the truth, I want to make the most of my time doing good and usefull things to benefit you guys. :pir-wink:

Cheers,

Captain Zuloo

I really enjoy reading the Behind the helms interviews, they're cool and we learn things we never suspected ^^ I'll enjoy to see more of it but if you can't because it's too much work, that's understandable ^^

I like it because its some of our better known members talking about their LEGO hobby out of the context of a thread on the forum. I also like it because we get to know more about the people we are talking to.

I think that some of our newer members (such as myself) hope that one day we get a behind the helm interview, so we are all very interested and spend time reading them as they are released.

Besides, you stop making behind the helm, we are taking your camera away from you. Then your sig-fig is nothing more than a bluecoat officer.

So unless you want your distinct personality stolen away in the night... you will continue to make behind the helm... OR ELSE. :jollyroger:

It's definitely useful and interesting :thumbup:

If you're not getting so many comments, it's because you've hit the same long-running problem as Staudie did - that it gets a bit tiresome saying "Great Interview" to every thread.

Sleep-wise, if you did it by PM, you could dream away for longer :pir-wink:

And actually the pace is about right for me at the moment, as I can only find time to read them every now and again.

Keep it up! :pir-wub:

I think a lot of people read them, but only few bother to post.

I like the interviews, i sure read them. Only thing missing in there is a bit of the EB humour IMO.

That was an important factor for EB news, which has been discontinued.

I'd surely like to see you continue on them and see you take it to the next level. (Maybe even a forumwide thing) :pir-wink:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes! I agree with everyone above and I think lots of people read and don't post. So you non-posters should get off your seats and say something. When people take the time to do the interview and especially those sharing personal details about their lives I think they deserve an at least...thanks for sharing. These interviews let us know a little about each other and our lives in a Lego context and a little more which I think makes this community better. The thing I like best about this site beyond we all like Lego is that we all like Lego for different reasons and look at Lego differently and we are from all over the planet. That in my opinion is cooler than any MOC and is really what keeps me coming back as oppossed to just browsing pictures on MOC Pages or Brickshelf!

I think it is worth keeping. I do read BTH and I think you do a great job creating it. I enjoy reading about shipyardians and you get to learn things snout people that you would never expect. So I hope you will continue BTH.

LegoKing

I presume that the 18 others that have voted "yes" agree with every post in this thread, so I'm pretty sure that it's worth keeping up. :pir-tongue:

Keep up the great work, boss! :thumbup:

I think they are very interesting to read, it is always nice to see other people's look on the forum and their LEGO stories.

I would be more then happy if the series continue, it is hard work and time consuming, but I think it's worth it! :pir-sweet:

I say it should stay. They are very intersting and they are also fun to read. Keep it up.......OR ELSE :devil:

Well you have almost convinced me,but I'm curious as to the reasons people have for saying 'No'. Please, explain.

Sorry for reviving a old topic, but.

*Cough*Ripoff*Cough*

Quiet you!

*mumbling*

I have read only one BTH so far, but I am going to look for the others and read them too. I must say they are a great read, and you should definatley keep it up, and just because there are not many comments does not mean no one likes it! EB News gets a average of 8 replies per normal interview, more if it's something really special. I reccomend editing this topic into a Index and general feed back thread.

Stauder.

Great ideas, Stroodel. :thumbup:

I suggest that perhaps a few images are added to each interview. The pictorial EB News Presents interviews are more popular than the others.