Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

WHAT THE HELL??? Imperial Guards this cheap?

79_2.JPG

Look at these!

Auction 1

Auction 2

Auction 3

Auction 4

Auction 5

Auction 6

Now, somebody tell me

HOW THE HELL DO THIS MANY IMPERIAL GUARDS SELL SO CHEAPLY???. If anything like this happened in an Australian eBay auction it would be like striking gold. What's wrong with the French? 10 IMPERIAL GUARDS FOR US$5.33 Some BrickLink sells them individually for that much!!!

i guess he's just hoping a few people will start bidding against each other, pushing the price up...

I'm referring to the bidders. Why did hardly anybody bid on this auction? If this was an Australian auction 10 Imperial Guards would sell for over US$60... But most of these auctions barely got past US$5, I don't understand how this could happen. I've never seen it before!

I think the main reason is that he does not take PayPal. It's a pain to pay from North America (and outside Europe anywhere) without PayPal, especially to European sellers.

Also his feedback is so so - I know 98.6 looks good, but most Lego sellers do better, and he has lots of neutrals which did not go into the statistics, but usually mean vaguely unhappy customers.

Also, the picture sucks, out of focus, hard to tell how good the figs really are.

Finally, shipping cost is not stated. So, first we don't know what it was - it could have been a ripoff. Second, this eliminates last minute buyers from bidding because they don't have enough time to find out how much it would cost by emailing him.

For these reasons I would not buy from this person, and I've been on eBay for 4 years, nearly 1000 purchases.

But still! These are Imperial Guards! I can understand people from outside France not being interested in the auction. But big deal about no Paypal for Northern Americans, that's not the only region inconvenienced because there is no PayPal - plenty of regions/countries are just as inconvenienced.

But what about the French? If this was a local auction then I'd still bid anyway. The final price of these auctions is low enough to take the risk.

The final price of these auctions is low enough to take the risk.

Ah, that's the point. Risk and hassle. Different thresholds for different people.

It it was something I really wanted I agree I would take the risk. We still don't know what he wanted for shipping cost.

Yes that is the point. But people have the ability to ask him. If this was an auction in Australia then everyone would ask how much the postage costs were. Not displaying the postage cost shouldn't be an issue, however you do have a point because this seller may have demanded a ridiculously high postage cost.

There are people out there who make money of postage. It is sad but true.

I was going to order from a Bricklink store and then I checked postage - his minimum charge even for a tiny envelope that could contain 1 piece (if you found a $1.00 piece) was $6.00 (AMERICAN)

Pathetic. In Canada to send a letter International it costs 1.45 CDN.... if you want to put a bit of bubble wrap in it to protect some pieces it would cost the same... even for a larger letter the most I can imagine for even up to about 50 pieces is $5.00 CDN.

Yes, I know what you mean. I buy DVDs online too, some cost $1.50 postage while some are $10. When I see the postage above about $5 I shake my head and curse the seller for being such an idiot. But some sellers claim they need an additional $5 for handling. That's like eBay scalping!

Phes my friend, how much would you give me for these:

redtroops.jpg

Or these:

bluetroops.jpg

& the rest can be seen here:

-----> Just 'Click" Here <-----

Oh, & those three buggers pictured above fled Matt & are now under my supervision :-D (they are not in those pictures) I also have weapons for them all, they are just not pictured...

Seriously though Phes, what would you give me for them?

Life is Good.

AYE CARRUMBA!!!

That is a nice army... But I don't think I could afford what they're worth... How much have you valued them at?

Well mister phes..Ill save up my pennies...But ill only buy if I get a good deal...I dont wanna pay 6$ each...I think ill just buy some sets with them in it..That way I get bricks too. Something like the imperial outpost..But it one of twice should do me good.

Unfortunately Evil Willy there is a one month time limit on this mini-figures for Mr Norro is going far far away and he wants the business to be conducted before he leaves...