Dr. Steve

Any Idea When the Next Pirate Sets will be announced?

The only thing I want in the new theme is an Imperial ship, some Blue coats, a few Islanders and I am set to go. I wouldn't mind some more pirate torsos too.

I think we will see pics of the next wave between late July and the middle of August.

I'd like to see a small pirates ship like the Renegade Runner.

I would love to see that to.

RR was an awesome set, I MIGHT pick it up this summer or maybe this fall.

I hope it's ok to bump up this thread, anyways it's august already but we still have no 2010 set news. :pir-cry_sad:

I seriously am waiting a long time to see the 2010 sets, but there are no leaked pictures yet...

A while ago I looked up "lego pirates 2010" but there was nothing except for some 2009 sets, some MOCs, and other stuff.... :pir-hmpf_bad:

-General Magma

off-topic edit: 300th post :grin:

Edited by General Magma

Well, i assume there wont be any leakage this time, maybe we'll get official pictures like those for tic-tac toe or whats that thing called and for battle pack, in few days. Who knows. I just hope new sets will come this year(around christmas maybe), and not in 2010 ! :pir_laugh2:

Hope this helps(for my sake :devil: )

rumors

edit:Opps :hmpf: .Looks like the brickmaster promo.Sorry for the bother.

Edited by sologuy369

This looks like an interesting topic. I frontpaged it on Classic-Pirates.com :pir-classic: :

new_2010_sets_you_decide.jpg

I like the graphic! Great Job. Now all we need is some pics of the new sets. Given the Tic Tac Toe and that other little set of figs I assume we are going to see new sets in time for the hollidays. (God I hope so)

I really hope they do continue pirates, if i had kids i would want them to play with pirate lego (hence why i am buying all the sets now so one day when i have kids they will be able to play with them) i just think pirates add alot more to the imagination then say power miners and star wars :P also i hope they do release an imperial ship so i can make a sequel to my brick film :)

We now have a thread created by our Ambassador to sent your ideas and feedback to the LEGO Group.

So please please post anything you want to share in this thread.

Well Here it is the last day of August and still no new news on the next line of pirates. (the Chess and tic-tac-toe are nice for the figs) Lets hope September brings us some pics of the new sets.

It definitely seems that TLG is doing a much better job this year of keeping sets secret, in all themes. We haven't seen any leaked pictures yet, which I think is fine. It adds to the suspense and excitement a bit. :pir_laugh2:

I think the reason why there aren't any set names or hints for new sets there is that it is imo very likely (since we'll have a new Power Miners wave, the Toy Story sets and the new Atlantis theme - all three already in the first half of 2010) that next year's Pirates sets will firstly come out in the second half of 2010.

Klaus-Dieter

Why are you all saying next year's pirates?

That means no new sets till 2010 or what? September, October, November and December, all these months with no sets? :pir_bawling: Really frustrating.

Why wouldnt they release some sets before christmas? I mean..

When are all these tic-tac toes or whatever coming out? There should be some new sets with it. I have a feeling that new sets might simply appear in stores or on SAH and we'll get them in October or something like that.

To the best of my knoledge, the only 2009 Pirates sets still to come out is the Advent calendar.

We have seen (leaked) pics fory every other Autumn/winter set since April, I think, and most of them are already out.

And, when Amazon previewed 2010 sets, there were no Pirates. That will suggest the next wave will come out in June or September.

Of course, I might be wrong.

My Guess is that Pirates will come out in April next year. LEGO used to release sets January and then July, but that has changed. They now release them January-April-Julyish. I think it depends on when the movie sets are coming out.

Why are you all saying next year's pirates?

That means no new sets till 2010 or what? September, October, November and December, all these months with no sets? :pir_bawling: Really frustrating.

Why wouldnt they release some sets before christmas? I mean..

When are all these tic-tac toes or whatever coming out? There should be some new sets with it. I have a feeling that new sets might simply appear in stores or on SAH and we'll get them in October or something like that.

LEGO has always released sets in January. Why aren't we getting new sets every week!? Because that would take away from LEGO sales. You get new sets 1-2 times a year. Most themes are once a year, but some, like City, get two different releases.

The 2010 Pirate sets will most likely be out in November at LEGO Stores and December at TRU.

I never understood the rush. I still don't think I have bought a single 2009 set yet, I wait for sales and clearances.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

I think the reason why there aren't any set names or hints for new sets there is that it is imo very likely (since we'll have a new Power Miners wave, the Toy Story sets and the new Atlantis theme - all three already in the first half of 2010) that next year's Pirates sets will firstly come out in the second half of 2010.

I'm with Klaus-Dieter. My evidence is the Pirate Advent Calendar. Last year's Castle Calendar contained minifigs from old sets but also two figs -- the wench and the jester -- that were included in sets released in the new year. In other words, they were previews. There was also the witch, which to my knowledge was unique to the Calendar.

Compare that with the Pirates Calendar. All of the minifigs are from previously released sets (mostly Shipwreck Hideout). There doesn't seem to be any new characters or pieces; even the clamshell and sawfish are from much older sets. That suggests to me that LEGO hadn't determined or finalized the 2010 Pirates minifigs by the time they put the Advent Calendar together -- which says the new Pirates are still far off.

My impression is that the new Pirates line was really just to commemorate the 20th anniversary and LEGO adopted a wait-and-see approach toward sales before moving forward on further waves. The fact that they're soliciting ideas means there will be another wave but I don't think we'll see it until April at the earliest.

It's a shame. I'm ready to lay cash on the countertop for new Pirates. Assuming there *are* ruins in the Atlantis sets, then I may be spending my Xmas money on them instead.

There is bound to be another line next year as kids will want to have battles with another ship (probably a redcoat ship). But what would be good is if they did a legends thing again when they re-release a ship, hopefully skull eyes schooner!

Can someone close this thread?

I never thought for a minute that we would not get another wave of sets.....Oh well time to really stock up on Soldier's and Shako's now.

Can someone close this thread?

I never thought for a minute that we would not get another wave of sets.....Oh well time to really stock up on Soldier's and Shako's now.

There's no real point in closing it. What if the Lego company suprises us :pir-wink:

Edited by Ratshot

If they do surprise us, then we also know the answer to the title of the thread... :pir-wink:

There's no real point in closing it. What if the Lego company suprises us :pir-wink:

Exactly. I'll just amend the title to give more freedom for speculation. After all, there are hints it there will be new sets at some point in time. Sooner than you think or not.

This means there's not a new line designed for LEGO Pirates for 2010. There is some hope that LEGO Pirates might be back one day because the theme did sell rather well.

- Bonaparte, Ambassador Classic-Pirates.com

There's also this thread, which is rather speculative as well, with - in my opinion - a better title given the recent news about Pirates being discontinued... but I'll of course leave it up to the mods whether we need two of these threads.

Well, the topic title doesn't mention "2010" , it could be any year :pir-sceptic:

(sorry, I'm just pissed off at TLC)