Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

Going through a bunch of stuff. I got a bunch of Uncanny X-Men Masterworks paperbacks, from X-Men 94-140. As much as I love X-Men, I'll probably never like any issues as much as that run of John Byrne and Dave Cockrum.

Misery Loves Comedy, by Ivan Brunetti. Completely inappropriate for younger readers. More depressive than Kafka. More nihilistic than Nietzsche. Like staring into the abyss, with cuter cartoons. So good!

Tales Designed to Thrizzle, by Michael Kupperman. Seriously, the funniest comic artist out there, with a surreal bent to him. It's a collection of one pagers, which makes it a less satisfying read. I may enjoy him more as a Tumblr poster. But I don't regret the purchase. Kupperman.

I've recently read the first issue of The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. It's really good so far, I can't wait for the next issue!

I recently got into Cassandra Cain's run as Batgirl, and she has rapidly risen to one of my favorite characters. The hardest part of her run though is I already have been warned that after her run she almost gets "assassinated" from a writer's point of view, before being shunted to nonexistence for no good reason. This is why I prefer Marvel over DC. Sure, Marvel might slaughter tons of my favorite young heroes in a book specifically created for wasteful deaths, but at least their good stories still exist.

Gone through quite a few recently

Got started with A vs. X: What If, Superior Foes of Spiderman, Deadpool Kills Deadpool, Daredevil. Haven't read it yet, but a new mini series, Guardians of the Galaxy Tomorrows Avengers. I'm ready for the movie now.

Speaking of Guardians, the long time Spawn fan in me can't wait for issue 5 where Angela finds a new home in the pages of Marvel.

I haven't been keeping up with any traditional comics, but i've been reading the web comic Unsounded and have a print version of the first ~200 pages of the series. Unlike a lot of webcomics, it's actually updated regularly. :laugh:

Unsounded

9220037716_525d46108a_z.jpg

Just finished off Age of Ultron and I have to say it was a pretty awful ending :hmpf_bad: I guess Marvel still wins since it gets my money for purchasing all the issues.

I recently got into Cassandra Cain's run as Batgirl, and she has rapidly risen to one of my favorite characters. The hardest part of her run though is I already have been warned that after her run she almost gets "assassinated" from a writer's point of view, before being shunted to nonexistence for no good reason. This is why I prefer Marvel over DC. Sure, Marvel might slaughter tons of my favorite young heroes in a book specifically created for wasteful deaths, but at least their good stories still exist.

What do you mean shunted into nonexistence? She quits being Batgirl, becomes Black Bat and now appears in Batman Incorporated...

Actually since the DC comics rebooted Cass has never appeared in anything DC, as executive order. Same with Stephanie Brown, except for that one second cameo in Young Justice cartoon. Wally West similarly no longer exists except in Young Justice, though he died in the finale. Donna Troy and Conner Hawk are also missing. And since Barbara has been reverted to being Batgirl in the ongoing, Cass and Steph never were Batgirl in the new timeline. Which is stupid, and why I will always prefer Marvel, even with Avengers Arena. Marvel doesn't torch their history nearly to the extent of DC.

Yeah, the quitting part is part of what I will be avoiding. Cass fans I have checked with inform me that her last appearances were not very good, with her characterization being misinterpreted or flat out ignored. Which stresses me, even though she doesn't exist any more.

Edited by Tanma

Actually since the DC comics rebooted Cass has never appeared in anything DC, as executive order. Same with Stephanie Brown, except for that one second cameo in Young Justice cartoon. Wally West similarly no longer exists except in Young Justice, though he died in the finale. Donna Troy and Conner Hawk are also missing. And since Barbara has been reverted to being Batgirl in the ongoing, Cass and Steph never were Batgirl in the new timeline. Which is stupid, and why I will always prefer Marvel, even with Avengers Arena. Marvel doesn't torch their history nearly to the extent of DC.

Wally West dying in the finale is the DCAU which isn't canon in the comics. Connor Hawke can't be Green Arrow since Oliver Queen is still Green Arrow. And DC has confirmed that Cassandra Cain exists in the New 52 as Blackbat

I recently went to a comic store in New Bern, North Carolina. I was primarily looking for My Little Pony back issues (particularly the three micro-series comics I'm missing: Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack). Apparently someone had been through just recently and cleared out most of their stock of that comic, but I did find Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 2. It didn't disappoint. Many wonderful flashbacks, as well as some great spirit world shenanigans. Can't wait for the third part of that one.

I also picked up the third Hellboy graphic novel. I'm slowly but surely getting through those; they're mostly what I ask for at comic shops when they don't have everything else I want. :tongue: It was good, as is typical of that franchise. Lots of wonderful references to mythology and folklore.

Just got through with Age of Ultron. I enjoyed the series. Some neat twists and a decent story. I'm curious how necessary the UoA Tie Ins are? Are they worth tracking down, do they add a lot to the story overall?

I'm a bit torn on the anticlimactic fight with Ultron...while it fit with the story, I thought something moe would've happened. The Vision was an interesting little surprise. Being a huge Spawn fan since the beginning, seeing Angela at the end was an awesome surprise. Knew she was making an appearance in GotG.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Just got through with Age of Ultron. I enjoyed the series. Some neat twists and a decent story. I'm curious how necessary the UoA Tie Ins are? Are they worth tracking down, do they add a lot to the story overall?

I'm a bit torn on the anticlimactic fight with Ultron...while it fit with the story, I thought something moe would've happened. The Vision was an interesting little surprise. Being a huge Spawn fan since the beginning, seeing Angela at the end was an awesome surprise. Knew she was making an appearance in GotG.

The tie ins to add a bit more to the fight against Ultron. Some show each particular hero working out their plan to try and take him down. I wouldn't say it's really necessary for the story itself, but it definitely gives Ultron a stronger presence.

I've tracked down all but 3 tie-ins. Is there a particular order they should be read in?

I just got into comics two years ago, but there's so much stuff to read. I pretty much pick out random MARVEL or DC titles each week and hope for the best. I'm really enjoying buying and reading older issues of X-men, Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic Four. I also read the Doctor Who comics that IDW publishes. There're really awesome if you love classic Doctor Who.

I've tracked down all but 3 tie-ins. Is there a particular order they should be read in?

I believe there is. I can't remember where exactly the comprehensive list is, but there is one out there that has the order in which they should go.

I believe there is. I can't remember where exactly the comprehensive list is, but there is one out there that has the order in which they should go.

Found it. Apparently they should've been read inbetween issue of AoU. For instance, it starts issue 1 & 2 of Age, then the FF Tie-In. Heh, oh well. Guess I'll just read the tie-ins and when I decide to re-read the series I'll do so in the correct order.

I picked up 4 massive boxes of 2000ad comics at a charity shop for 12 pounds. There were also around 15 graphic novels in there including Iron Man plus 4 Xmen and Wolverine and Deadpool comics.

I recently bought half of the BIONICLE graphic novels (1-4) available on Comixology. It's very nostalgic.

In Fantastic Four 11, Johnny steps on his nieces LEGO. He didn't refer to them as such, just 'building blocks'. Oh well.

Anyone know any good comics with racing in? Cars, jets, planes or super SF things... It just seems all the 'toons I have ever liked end and I can never really find any comics (Bar Sky Pirates of Neo Terra...)

Right now I am reading a lot less webcomics and only Adventure Time comics...

Nu52 put me off the lot.

^ Speed Racer? Don't know much about it but I think it was a comic.

Bought a few new ones this week including Jonah Hex #1 and Manbat graphic Novel. Also got the conclusion to the Red Hood- they were all a pound.